Go Back   ZEFRANK.COM - message board > FICTION PROJECT
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 20 votes, 4.50 average. Display Modes
Old 01-30-2004, 10:41 PM   #1
Fulgurite
monkey

I like this place

Thanks everyone,
I'm quite enjoying myself since I stumbled across this community.

Last edited by Fulgurite : 01-30-2004 at 10:46 PM.
Fulgurite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2004, 10:48 PM   #2
zenbabe
Lollypop!

I hate babies.

-Dr. Seuss
zenbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2004, 11:07 PM   #3
chuckie egg
a peach

is this a story?
chuckie egg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2004, 11:55 PM   #4
malina
leaving

why yes it is!
malina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2004, 01:25 AM   #5
Coffee
Cheeses Save

Its a story,
'bout a brand new monkey.
that was happy to be hanging with us peeps.
All of us with wits of gold
like our mentor
a man we call Ze Frank.

(sung to tune of the Brady Bunch theme song).
Coffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2004, 05:50 PM   #6
Deviate
Butt-F***ing the World

Thanks everyone, I'm quite enjoying myself since I stumbled across this community. I hate babies. Is this a story? Why yes, it is.

"Its a story,
like our mentor
a man we call Ze Frank,"
sung to tune of the Brady Bunch theme song, ran through my head over and over as i tried to make sense of my new and wildly interesting surroundings.

A new community. A new life. No babies. Yes, this is what I have been waiting for. And this is my story.
Deviate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2004, 11:18 PM   #7
Hyakujo's Fox
left hanging

Location: between the click of the light and the start of the dream
Thanks everyone, I'm quite enjoying myself since I stumbled across this community. I hate babies. Is this a story? Why yes, it is.

"Its a story,
like our mentor
a man we call Ze Frank,"
sung to tune of the Brady Bunch theme song, ran through my head over and over as i tried to make sense of my new and wildly interesting surroundings.

A new community. A new life. No babies. Yes, this is what I have been waiting for. And this is my story.

I was just an ordinary kid I suppose. My life went on without adventure or accident. It was pleasant enough. Being unremarkable wasn't proving to be any great burden.
Hyakujo's Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2004, 11:39 PM   #8
masterofNone
________

hanks everyone, I'm quite enjoying myself since I stumbled across this community. I hate babies. Is this a story? Why yes, it is.

"Its a story,
like our mentor
a man we call Ze Frank,"

I was just an ordinary kid I suppose. My life went on without adventure or accident. It was pleasant enough. Being unremarkable wasn't proving to be any great burden. In fact, i found being unremarkable put most people at ease with me. Making friends was easy since I posed no challenge to anyone's ego, rather the opposite was true. Boys and girls throughout my grade school years often found solice in the sense of superiority they imagined they felt toward me. I was the perpetual mascot, No one ever saw me coming. I was below the radar. What comfort.
masterofNone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2004, 06:47 AM   #9
rapscalious rob

hanks everyone, I'm quite enjoying myself since I stumbled across this community. I hate babies. Is this a story? Why yes, it is.

"Its a story,
like our mentor
a man we call Ze Frank,"

I was just an ordinary kid I suppose. My life went on without adventure or accident. It was pleasant enough. Being unremarkable wasn't proving to be any great burden. In fact, i found being unremarkable put most people at ease with me. Making friends was easy since I posed no challenge to anyone's ego, rather the opposite was true. Boys and girls throughout my grade school years often found solice in the sense of superiority they imagined they felt toward me. I was the perpetual mascot, No one ever saw me coming. I was below the radar. What comfort.

30 years later, I got a message from God. At least I think it was God. He looked a lot like John Stewart, and he was on TV on something called the “Daily Show.” He told me that this was my moment of zen. That’s when I realized that my calling in life was to paint people’s houses. “Good thing that’s what I already do,” I smugly told myself and laughed.
Old 02-01-2004, 07:50 AM   #10
zenbabe
Lollypop!

"Its a story,
like our mentor
a man we call Ze Frank,"

30 years later, I got a message from God. At least I think it was God. He looked a lot like John Stewart, and he was on TV on something called the “Daily Show.” He told me that this was my moment of zen. That’s when I realized that my calling in life was to paint people’s houses. “Good thing that’s what I already do,” I smugly told myself and laughed.

I was late for the boat today, the president said 'glad you could make it...you must be pretty special to keep a boat waiting for you...I said...yes..in some circles, smiled and walked to the bar.....

-Dr. Seuss
zenbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2004, 04:29 PM   #11
dalang
distant

"Its a story,
like our mentor
a man we call Ze Frank,"

I was late for the boat today, the president said 'glad you could make it...you must be pretty special to keep a boat waiting for you...I said...yes..in some circles, smiled and walked to the bar.....

Benny was there, as always, practicing with the grenadine and orange juice. Every night, some schmuck would order a Tequila Sunrise just to watch Benny's huge round face pucker up, making a face slightly resembling Harpo's gookie.
Old 02-03-2004, 03:19 PM   #12
malina
leaving

"Its a story,
like our mentor
a man we call Ze Frank,"

I was just an ordinary kid I suppose. My life went on without adventure or accident. It was pleasant enough. Being unremarkable wasn't proving to be any great burden. In fact, i found being unremarkable put most people at ease with me. Making friends was easy since I posed no challenge to anyone's ego, rather the opposite was true. Boys and girls throughout my grade school years often found solace in the sense of superiority they imagined they felt toward me. I was the perpetual mascot, No one ever saw me coming. I was below the radar. What comfort.

Benny was there, as always, practicing with the grenadine and orange juice. Every night, some schmuck would order a Tequila Sunrise just to watch Benny's huge round face pucker up, making a face slightly resembling Harpo's gookie. It was always a spectacle and people love spectacles. Benny and Marge commanded the bar. That was a fact. Their presence at the bar was enforced by some unwritten rule that everyone abided by. They would sit on their stools, always at some distance from each other, never one right beside the other, Benny to the left, Marge further to the right, and glare at each other. Everyone knew what was coming, yet they took their time, savouring the moment.
malina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2004, 06:26 PM   #13
maychorian
always somewhere else

"Its a story,
like our mentor
a man we call Ze Frank,"

I was just an ordinary kid I suppose. My life went on without adventure or accident. It was pleasant enough. Being unremarkable wasn't proving to be any great burden. In fact, i found being unremarkable put most people at ease with me. Making friends was easy since I posed no challenge to anyone's ego, rather the opposite was true. Boys and girls throughout my grade school years often found solace in the sense of superiority they imagined they felt toward me. I was the perpetual mascot, No one ever saw me coming. I was below the radar. What comfort.

Benny was there, as always, practicing with the grenadine and orange juice. Every night, some schmuck would order a Tequila Sunrise just to watch Benny's huge round face pucker up, making a face slightly resembling Harpo's gookie. It was always a spectacle and people love spectacles. Benny and Marge commanded the bar. That was a fact. Their presence at the bar was enforced by some unwritten rule that everyone abided by. They would sit on their stools, always at some distance from each other, never one right beside the other, Benny to the left, Marge further to the right, and glare at each other. Everyone knew what was coming, yet they took their time, savouring the moment.

I watched. That's what I usually do. Everything normal, nothing unexpected. My life was a series of paper dolls cut out of flowered wallpaper, the pattern differing slightly with each doll, but all cut from the same roll. Pleasant. Except for the babies. They kept eating my paper dolls.
Old 02-03-2004, 07:41 PM   #14
Coffee
Cheeses Save

"Its a story,
like our mentor
a man we call Ze Frank,"

I watched. That's what I usually do. Everything normal, nothing unexpected. My life was a series of paper dolls cut out of flowered wallpaper, the pattern differing slightly with each doll, but all cut from the same roll. Pleasant. Except for the babies. They kept eating my paper dolls.

I feel that subtle inner ear sensation tells told me the boat is about to leave dock, the release of the mooring ropes and shift of several hundred pounds of rope off of the port side of our ship as they are taken off by the dock crew, the light touch on the throttles by the helmsman, a almost palpable sense of anticipation that flowed through the craft just before actual movement took place...yes, there it is, now I felt the surge of the motors take charge of our craft as it swung out into the harbor.
Something about this trip felt different than the usual ferry trip. Perhaps it was the presence of the "tool" on board this trip. Note to self, reduce his campaign contributions next time just a bit. Don't want to let the employees go thinking they can adress me familiarly like that in the future.
Coffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 02:02 AM   #15
masterofNone
________

"Its a story,
like our mentor
a man we call Ze Frank,"

I feel that subtle inner ear sensation tells told me the boat is about to leave dock, the release of the mooring ropes and shift of several hundred pounds of rope off of the port side of our ship as they are taken off by the dock crew, the light touch on the throttles by the helmsman, a almost palpable sense of anticipation that flowed through the craft just before actual movement took place...yes, there it is, now I felt the surge of the motors take charge of our craft as it swung out into the harbor.
Something about this trip felt different than the usual ferry trip. Perhaps it was the presence of the "tool" on board this trip. Note to self, reduce his campaign contributions next time just a bit. Don't want to let the employees go thinking they can adress me familiarly like that in the future.

still, i have to question, is this a story? could it be that i've just strung together bits of cabbage and sealing wax, shreds of dignity and old newspaper. a mache abstract full of spit and fulminated mercury and signifying nothing. the ship was one night, the bar, i think another. they were connected by only one thing, a subtle whisp of a connection that maybe i alone could discern. a scent, perhaps. an atmosphere beyond the cigar smoke and tinkling of martini glasses. there was the quiet subterfuge of old love seeking renewal through intoxication and small talk. if only i could focus, perhaps you might understand where i was headed.
masterofNone is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: