Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 07-21-2004, 03:06 PM   #1
fodder

random confessions

purge P Pronunciation Key (pûrj)
v. purged, purg·ing, purg·es
v. tr.
To free from impurities; purify.
To remove (impurities and other elements) by or as if by cleansing.

(grouphug style, but not anonymous or gratuitous for humor)

when i walk around campus listening to music on my headphones i always become really conscious of how i'm walking and how my legs are moving with/against the beat; sometimes i become so over-conscious that i have to turn off my music or sit down on a bench and fiddle with something for a minute
Old 07-21-2004, 03:13 PM   #2
fodder

after i lock my door, throw my keys in my backpack, i check to make sure it's all zipped up at least 3 times on the way to school
Old 07-21-2004, 03:24 PM   #3
masterofNone
________

i have a hard time remembering to get my mail. the worst time it was three weeks and the post office returned it to sender.
masterofNone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 03:54 PM   #4
TheGinchiest
monkey

I grew up in Texas... and when this happened I was 15... I'd been doing community theater for 4 years...

By that time, I was basically 'constant cast member x'... initially a novelty probably ("Ooooh... look at the little guy playin' actor-man..."), but I was headlining plays by the time I was 13.

Anyway, I was 15 and we were doing a performance of 'Butterflies are Free'... or at least we were ramping up quickly to opening night. I played a side-character... a one or two scene laywer, but I was mostly crew.

One week before opening night, I just stopped going. No more rehearsals, I didn't answer my phone, and even when my cast-mates drove 15 miles outside of town to talk to me... I refused to open the door. I just sat there, in full view of the window... Ignoring them. I didn't attend any of the performances, and I never went back to that troupe again.

I have no idea why. I wasn't scared, I wasn't angry... I was just... 'done', I guess. I kept doing school plays for the next few years... but at a different school in a different town, and then in a different state altogether.

The worst part was that my best friend (since we were seven) Nathan was headlining the play... and I just left him and my closest friends... basically my family... high and dry. With no explanation.

When I was 23, I tracked Nathan down... he'd gone to the college he'd planned to, and a quick Google search got me his e-mail address.

I sent him an apology... he thanked me, said all was forgiven... we did the 'we'll keep in touch' line... but that never went anywhere.

Man....

Are we supposed to be a little sad after doing these?

*a little sad*

*two lines from a song you also like*

*private joke for me and three others*
TheGinchiest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 11:35 PM   #5
TheGinchiest
monkey

Also, my cat has thick, thick fur... and he doesn't let me brush him. He bites my hand, runs away. I try to bribe him with catnip, but he pushes it off my little table onto the floor and hops down to enjoy it.

So by mid-Summer he gets little knots in his fur that I have to cut out.

What's weird is he has no problem letting me take scissors to him... rolls around... purrs... splays all out. He loves it.

I knicked him the other day.

He's been all nice about it since then... but now he hops outta my chair if I pick up the scissors.

*two lines from a song you also like*

*private joke for me and three others*
TheGinchiest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2004, 12:08 AM   #6
rmr

i once killed a goldfish and then he died
rmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2004, 12:17 AM   #7
God
Puppetmaster

Recite the ASCII code for “I done did wrong” five times in reverse numberic sequence, then reboot, kiss the hand you use to guide your mouse, trackball, or stylus, and wipe your hand on your shirt clockwise around the heart area.

There. Now you are forgiven.
Old 07-22-2004, 12:22 AM   #8
Dark Chocolate
Seductress

I figuratively beat a dead horse.
Old 07-22-2004, 12:27 AM   #9
Mocha
Babalicious Barrista

i hate chocodiles- they are really gross
Mocha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2004, 02:16 AM   #10
Klynne
monkey

I am dating this guy now. I promised not to date, to NYC (I think she is still waiting for me ) but I am. He is a biker, and a member of a "club". He is kind of wild and crazy looking, but he is a sweet heart to me. I told him that I had no interest in meeting his fellow "club" members, and he is cool with that. We are going to get together with my brother and his wife in a couple of weeks so he can start meeting my family. My brother has no problem with it, but, hey, family can be fairly tolerant. But, sheesh, my mom and dad? I think they will freak out if they get to meet him. His appearance is nothing like what he is.
Klynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2004, 02:44 AM   #11
zenbabe
Lollypop!

Don't forget about that initiation process!

I like the smell of Ice....

-Dr. Seuss
zenbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2004, 02:48 AM   #12
chocodile
monkey

Quote:
Originally posted by Mocha
i hate chocodiles- they are really gross
I hate sisters who cut their toenails on the couch and don't vacuum up the clippings. Or pick their teeth with their dinner fork.
Quote:
I am dating this guy now. I promised not to date, to NYC (I think she is still waiting for me ) but I am. He is a biker, and a member of a "club". He is kind of wild and crazy looking, but he is a sweet heart to me. I told him that I had no interest in meeting his fellow "club" members, and he is cool with that. We are going to get together with my brother and his wife in a couple of weeks so he can start meeting my family. My brother has no problem with it, but, hey, family can be fairly tolerant. But, sheesh, my mom and dad? I think they will freak out if they get to meet him. His appearance is nothing like what he is.
Don't judge a book by its cover. Why does he get to meet your family already?
chocodile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2004, 02:48 AM   #13
Klynne
monkey

Quote:
Originally posted by zenbabe
Don't forget about that initiation process!

I like the smell of Ice....
I will not be a member of a club, I will just be dating him. Or am I deluded?
Old 07-22-2004, 02:51 AM   #14
chocodile
monkey

Quote:
Originally posted by Klynne
I will not be a member of a club, I will just be dating him. Or am I deluded?
If the relationship gets serious, you are deluded if you think he will give up his friends & lifestyle for a chick.
chocodile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2004, 02:54 AM   #15
Klynne
monkey

Quote:
Originally posted by chocodile
If the relationship gets serious, you are deluded if you think he will give up his friends & lifestyle for a chick.
I don't expect him to give up anything, I want to know him, not his gang. I would like to get to know him better, but not be expected to be a part of his gang. He seems to think this is a possibilty.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: