ZEFRANK.COM - message board  

Go Back   ZEFRANK.COM - message board > FICTION PROJECT
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 09-17-2010, 04:34 PM   #991
lukkucairi
earth worker

^^^ as I think about it now, there seems to be a connection between Odbe's alarm clock and the "apple bottom jeans" onslaught the other night
lukkucairi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 01:52 PM   #992
lukkucairi
earth worker

a rubble of bones!

Last edited by lukkucairi : 01-05-2014 at 09:07 PM.
Old 09-20-2010, 09:13 PM   #993
lukkucairi
earth worker

a flood on the playa, are they dust devils or waterspouts that are coming to tear apart our little worlds? clouds dark with falling rain.

no worry.
Old 09-21-2010, 11:56 AM   #994
lukkucairi
earth worker

a rubble of bones!

Last edited by lukkucairi : 01-05-2014 at 09:07 PM.
Old 09-21-2010, 09:22 PM   #995
Peregrine
Bird of Prey

There are a couple of extra seats in the van, so we offer a ride to a pair of foreign ladies who are going the same way. The inspection is routine at the border crossing, with the customs agent diligently cataloging a handful of small purchases, mostly video games. Once the customs agent is finished with me, he moves on to a traveling companion; a jocular chap with an erratic sense of humour, who casually issues a subtle hand gesture that I fail to notice at first. But the customs agent didn't miss it.

The tone of the inspection goes from cooperative bureaucracy to thorough interrogation, the customs agent tearing through luggage, upending a box of partly stuffed envelopes, and sliding the baby across the floor.

I hurriedly scoop up the baby, and hand her over to the nearest pair of trustworthy arms.

As I return to my place in line, I glare at the customs agent. "You have no idea how much restraint I need to keep from decking you. If you need to do your job, fine. If you need to make life difficult for someone giving you a hard time, fine. But don't you dare toss my baby* across the floor. And If I ever hear tell of you treating another infant like a piece of luggage, I will personally drive down here and toss you across the floor."

*I don't even have a baby. My wife and I have been "trying" for a year now, but no luck yet.

Last edited by Peregrine : 09-21-2010 at 09:25 PM.
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 03:19 PM   #996
lukkucairi
earth worker

a great deal of confusion, which ends with me like Liberty at the Barricades leading the human race in a fight against the alien overlords.
Old 10-03-2010, 05:50 PM   #997
brightpearl
Rhinoceros fan

For some reason I am trying to swim down a river banked by concrete walks, fruit trees, and cafes. I am afraid of the prospect and don't feel like I can make it. There is a sense of there being a long way to go. A man nearby is floundering and at his wit's end. I find my feet can touch bottom, and I pull him along by threading my arms through his armpits and floating him on his back as I walk backwards along the riverbottom. It doesn't seem to help him feel better. He is heavy. I don't understand much of what he is talking about, until I get him talking about home, in Pakistan. I don't have any plan except the next step. The city ends and the wild begins. I wake up.
brightpearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 06:08 PM   #998
funkytuba
Spone to Proonerisms

The CEO sends me an IM out of nowhere. "Get ready to do a failover."
The QA manager sends me an IM out of nowhere. "Oh crap, we're going to have to do a failover."

Then IRL I get woken up by my pager. For something bogus.

But the adrenaline is already pumping, so I stay awake pacing for about 1 1/2 hours.
Old 10-03-2010, 07:43 PM   #999
ironicgoose
monkey

A friend of mine falls out of a window. He's knocked out and dying, but I can't dial 911. I keep trying, but I keep getting it wrong.
ironicgoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 10:09 AM   #1000
trisherina
meretricious dilettante

I go into some boy's room to get tape, and he finds out. It is a significant boundary breach of some sort, as he had directly asked me to stay out of his room. He does not forgive me, and now I owe him.
Old 10-09-2010, 08:18 AM   #1001
brightpearl
Rhinoceros fan

I was trying to figure out how to keep someone alive with potting soil. I kept trying to find the nitrogen content on the back label, and didn't understand why I couldn't remember the formula.
brightpearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 10:00 AM   #1002
lukkucairi
earth worker

I'm in the Isle of Man, racing along the roads at an extraordinary pace. Actually, it's more as if I have a little counter that is racing the roads - I am following along behind it from a great height, as if I'm tethered to a barrage balloon. All the roads have names that appear on them as I go by, a bit like google maps satellite view with a street overlay.

As I approach Ramsey, I get a call from Mum to come home. I see that along the Ramsey prom, where they demolished the old town in the 80s, there is a big red line with an obtuse angle in the middle and an arrow on each end. It's labeled "The Douglas Minute" because it only takes a minute to drive it, and people from Douglas don't stop in Ramsey.

On the way out of town I take a wrong turn and end up on the Peel road, moving my fast little counter up the hairpin. There are no trees here, which is strange, because in the real world the whole road is fenced in with them. As I get farther along the road to Peel, my invisible tether pulls me closer and closer to the ground, and I am slowed down more and more. Eventually I'm just walking along the road by myself, carrying my belongings in satchels slung around my body. My feet hurt, and it's late. I find a cot by the road and bed down for the night.

I wake and see the sea through the trees - there is a patch of white fog on the strand to the left of my view. The cot is wet with dew, and I'm worried about my computer satchel - it's soaked, but the tech inside seems to still be OK. After a moment of insecurity I realize that nobody has stolen any of my belongings during the night. Patches of fog are invading the little copse where my cot is set up, and I need to get moving along the road soon. I am made uneasy by the fog - the patches are small, but the fog is dense and white. Inside it, sounds are muffled and the world is blotted out. Being swallowed by the fog makes panic rise inside me.
Old 10-12-2010, 09:02 AM   #1003
lukkucairi
earth worker

strange days indeed! most peculiar, mama.

a field of small things that grow and swell and burst, releasing more hordes of small things onto the field. over and over again. psychic interference...
Old 10-12-2010, 09:37 AM   #1004
MoJoRiSin
unbelievable

"Don't leave the path"
Old 10-19-2010, 10:17 AM   #1005
lukkucairi
earth worker

Santa Claus pursued by the devil through a small scottish coastal town. the old man blundering, terrified, brought into the post office by the foot of the lighthouse and hidden by the women. as weeks go by he comes out of hiding a little, to feel the sun on his face and talk with strangers by the topiaries outside the post office and the caff. but the devil can see him there...

the lighthouse on the cliffs isn't safe any longer, we can feel the devil coming. he's a younger man who looks like Dennis Leary. he flies on wings of panic, driving the people off the cliffs in front of him, off the cliffs and into the sea where they turn into fish and swim away in a great silver school

as the devil closes in he tries to pick us off one by one - the panic is overwhelming but we defeat him by holding hands and joining our wills for the light. he is not able to break our circle. together we are a larger entity than him, and more powerful.

a stone massif, tufa swiss cheese rock, ancient underneath me as I'm flying through the air over the leaden desert landscape, flying through the storm clouds

landing in the streets of Pitlochry, finding my father dying in a local hospice home, an old cottage in Moulin just up the road... but not upset to die, peaceful with the hand of my mother clutched in his...

at the local bookshop I go to buy a quad ruled exercise book because I've lost mine, and find that the one I pick up already has mathematics exercises written in it in my own handwriting - and when I see my parents' address it's confirmed - somehow I dropped my other book and mistook it for pristine, put it back on the shelf. OK so now I can get it back without paying for it again I guess

the other rooms in the cottage (Bunty's cottage) are all the same, and each contains a dying man. the other men are much younger. sad.

why does my heart feel so sad?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: