ZEFRANK.COM - message board  

Go Back   ZEFRANK.COM - message board > FICTION PROJECT
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 64 votes, 4.97 average. Display Modes
Old 12-30-2007, 12:02 AM   #436
Hyakujo's Fox
left hanging

Location: between the click of the light and the start of the dream
There was air of disappointment down at the docks that day, for The Spigott had just returned from 18 months in the far east with nothing more to show than a stale rice cake and a first mate with an unfortunate dermatological malady of his own choosing.
Hyakujo's Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 01:30 AM   #437
Marcus Bales

Location: In a coign of the cliff between lowland and highland, at the sea-down's edge between windward and lee, walled round with rocks as an inland island, the ghost of a garden fronts the sea.
At Lady Jane's regal nod, the upstairs maid handed the loofa into the bath, where it promptly crumbled like a stale rice cake under the hot water pouring with what had heretofore been such the satisfactory vehemence with which the water rushed from the new brass spigot.
Old 12-30-2007, 02:19 AM   #438
trisherina
meretricious dilettante

Hortense and Rachel clung to one another tensely as Admiral Spence-Jones approached; formerly the most sought-after suitor on the East Coast, the poor man had contracted a horrible disease in his travels, rendering his skin raw and textured like a rice-cake, with purulent drainage so copious one could almost imagine a spigot turned full on somewhere behind the gruesome expanse of his forehead.
Old 12-31-2007, 02:39 PM   #439
Brynn
constantly amazed

"My god, how I love you, Samantha," groaned Zachary across the tea table, "what with your silly, adorable bustles and bows, seductively buttering the feelings I bear towards you as if I were a mere rice cake of no consequence, knowing full well that in spite of your disdain that covers me with an eczema of despair, you open wide the spigot of my desire."
Brynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 10:20 PM   #440
12"razormix

William Frederick Cody found himself in the unfortunate position to have a spigot removed from his backside due to unforeseen complications while alleviating the effects of a horrible rash that he had received as a consequence of making in the bushes for the past six weeks ( Dr. Bill MacDermott, who thus far had thought that the rice cake he had removed the previous week was the oddest thing his practice would encounter in his lifetime, was once again forced to change his mind ).
12"razormix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 12:27 PM   #441
brightpearl
Rhinoceros fan

These are great...get 'em in kids, judging this weekend.
brightpearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 03:05 PM   #442
Marcus Bales

Location: In a coign of the cliff between lowland and highland, at the sea-down's edge between windward and lee, walled round with rocks as an inland island, the ghost of a garden fronts the sea.
Lily rounded the corner of the mansion and saw it: the surface of the rusty spigot looked like a rice cake had psoriasis.
Old 01-05-2008, 11:24 PM   #443
brightpearl
Rhinoceros fan

These are all so glorious that I had a difficult time choosing, but I do love a good metaphor with my evening tea, so Brynn wins 3 times over.
brightpearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 01:19 PM   #444
Marcus Bales

And she can bring me my clothes, too.
Old 04-02-2008, 11:07 PM   #445
Brynn
constantly amazed

I came in here to bump my own thread and didn't realize I'd won. How very slovenly.
Months later, I still have no idea what Marcus is on about with his clothes, but I hope it caused general merriment at the time. My theory is that it involves an allusion to my aspirations as a prostitute, which is fair and balanced, given my actual employment issues right now.

Okay. We already have one thread that requires judging, and that's enough. I'm amending the rules, and will do so up at the front of the thread, too. From now on, anyone interested can change the category/requirement for the next go-round. It is for inspiration purposes only, and not a requirement for posting if you are inspired without it, but do try it if you can.
It will go until it can't go anymore. Then someone can change it.
There. Maybe that will get the kinks out.
Apologies - I don't start many threads, so there's been a learning curve.
Old 04-02-2008, 11:48 PM   #446
Brynn
constantly amazed

Lynell began weeping softly, clutching her brother's clothes desperately as she pocketed his payment for her services and wondered if the bartender down the street minded much if his best customer tarried there completely naked to drown the memory of a Thanksgiving feast, a roasted turkey, and a bet gone terribly wrong.
Old 04-03-2008, 10:49 PM   #447
Marcus Bales

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brynn View Post
Lynell began weeping softly, clutching her brother's clothes desperately as she pocketed his payment for her services and wondered if the bartender down the street minded much if his best customer tarried there completely naked to drown the memory of a Thanksgiving feast, a roasted turkey, and a bet gone terribly wrong.
So just what are the parameters for the next person?
Old 04-04-2008, 03:19 PM   #448
Brynn
constantly amazed

Okay - how about something along the themes of betrayal and/or revenge?
When you're done, suggest something new or let it continue, whichever you like.
Old 04-06-2008, 02:51 PM   #449
Coffee
Cheeses Save

Captain Coffee the Mistrustful, sitting in his favorite chair with his back to the wall and a good view of the clientel, became wary upon spotting YsaPur drinking fermented pulp juice in a darkened corner of the Captain's favorite tranche bar.

(double dipping...but I swear i saw the BLF game after posting this in the Dictionary game...it was too perfect a coinkydink )
Coffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 04:22 PM   #450
Brynn
constantly amazed

Soft-shell crabs of dread lurked in every corner of her mind, furtively scuttling for the shadows of brain coral like so many underwater roaches as she mentally tossed and turned to find an answer as to why, why hadn't she deep-fried in a cormeal crust rather than presented the poisoned shellfish to him in the less-appealing boiled form?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: