ZEFRANK.COM - message board  

Go Back   ZEFRANK.COM - message board > FAST CHAT
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-22-2004, 06:46 AM   #1
SpecialK
Lint Free

dating

What's up with guys these days? All they want is a good time. They never call. Whats up with that? Has it always been like this? What's up with calling for a second date? And where the heck is the romance? I'm pissed off and frustrated and felt the need to vent. Even if you dont want to post under this thread, I appreciate the chance to tell the world how upset i am with the opposite sex right now. >steps off soap box<
SpecialK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004, 07:45 AM   #2
laughingbuddha
monkey

what does SpecialK stand for?

If you don't mind telling me i.e.
Old 11-22-2004, 08:46 AM   #3
SpecialK
Lint Free

My name.
Old 11-22-2004, 09:04 AM   #4
madasacutsnake
no more nice girl

Mr Snake is pig ugly.

Flowers, chocolates and jewelry got him both laid and a wife.
Old 11-22-2004, 09:22 AM   #5
SpecialK
Lint Free

Guys just dont do those things. Seriously. None of my girlfriends, even if they have been dating their guys for months, have ever gotten flowers.
Old 11-22-2004, 09:51 AM   #6
laughingbuddha
monkey

Quote:
Originally posted by SpecialK
My name.
That's a first
Old 11-22-2004, 11:01 AM   #7
moel

i disagree
moel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004, 11:21 AM   #8
RuneT
baaaaah?

but the point is that you have to want something before you give them flowers, right?

RuneT, respect!!
RuneT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004, 12:59 PM   #9
Saxifrage
monkey

Re: dating

Quote:
Originally posted by SpecialK
What's up with guys these days? All they want is a good time. They never call. Whats up with that? Has it always been like this? What's up with calling for a second date? And where the heck is the romance? I'm pissed off and frustrated and felt the need to vent. Even if you dont want to post under this thread, I appreciate the chance to tell the world how upset i am with the opposite sex right now. >steps off soap box<
I am going to be a bit mean for a moment. What's up with guys these days is the wrong question, the question should be what is wrong with your taste in men? Women are always whining about wanting a nice guy but when it comes to the guy they want it is usually some "too cool for school" asshole who pretends he is doing you a favor just talking to you. Then when he treats you like shit you start complaining about it. Well I am a nice guy, I have never cheated on anyone I have been with, I buy flowers and special items for my ladies at all sorts of odd moments. I never verbally abuse or berate my loves. I have never dated more than one person at a time and have had only one official one-night-stand in my life and felt horrible about it. I always call when wanted and always give space when it is desired. Have dinner prepared and waiting, do whatever it takes to make a lady happy. My advice is to analyze your taste in men, it will be more productive than blaming the guys who were shit heads before you met them and don't plan on changing for you.
Old 11-22-2004, 01:04 PM   #10
Clytie
thundering is my favorite

i know loads of great guys that would love to be with the right girl... and if they could find one worthy they would shower her with love (and chocolates and flowers) the problem is alot of the girls out there are greedy and selfish...having a relationship involved lots of give and take...not just take...

yes guys can be jerks...but maybe you just need to find different guys...?
bound by the rich red that runs coarsing
united we stand
stronger than before
able to face the dark
with hands entwined
Clytie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004, 01:31 PM   #11
moel

The Jerk Appeal

There seems to be a mystery among the male species, besides their unending quest of trying to figure women out. Why is it that the nice guys always seem to be single while jerks are the ones whose little black books get filled with magical numbers? It seems to go backwards, doesn't it?

We know that AskMen.com readers, as well as all men around the world, think the same thing as one of our male correspondents touched on the same topic in his article, Nice Guys Finish Last. He was obviously trying to save men from the headaches females seem to cause. Although Curt Smith was right by saying that women like the excitement of the bad boy, he doesn't really explain why.

There must be more out there to justify why women are left crying their eyes out because their boyfriends hurt them once again. And of course, the girl goes back to the bad boy, while the sweet boy is left in the corner of the bar dipping his olives in and out of his martini. Yes Curt, you are right; in order for a man to develop a backbone and become more of a bad boy, in the hopes of attracting more women, he does have to be badly hurt once. However, there is a lot more to it than that. Observe.

It doesn't take a dozen self-help books and men's magazines to tell you how important self-esteem is when it comes to relationships and behavior. When it comes down to the enigma of the sweet girl and the bad boy, the man isn't the only one plagued by low self-esteem. The union of this couple can be blamed on lack of self-confidence where both parties are concerned.

There are many reasons why men are jerks to begin with. First, they can simply be born to fit the character and their loser behavior can be blamed purely on a genetic disaster and negative social environment. If we have a problem, we'll just have to take it up with his DNA. The second reason can be what Curt was referring to; the nice guy turns bad boy because of heartache. In this case, the guy becomes a jerk because he's been burned in the past and doesn't want this to happen again.
The third reason is the major one, partly related to reason number two; he simply has no self-esteem. This poor man needs to act like a jerk to cover up his lack of confidence. It's a sad, sad case. Ironically, most people would think that he is a jerk because he has too much confidence (this could also be the case), but this is where we are fooled most of the time. We can't imagine that this jerk actually has a low self-esteem because he is so insensitive towards everyone around him.

Not only is he a jerk, he is also a great actor. His bad boy demeanor is his shield; the weapon that gives the illusion of confidence. But most importantly, it ensures that he will never get hurt. His snide remarks and sarcasm are used as defense mechanisms, kind of how a skunk releases a stench to ward off those who may be a threat.
Don't worry; the woman doesn't get away from this one easily. The woman who falls for this poor excuse of a man suffers from the same lack of self-esteem. In essence, these two make a perfect match. This poor girl has no self-esteem of her own and probably doesn't believe she can do better than this man. He has literally become the cause for the loss of all her friends and those Ben & Jerry's binges when he stands her up once again on Saturday night to meet his boys instead.

I still stand by the fact that the woman who falls for the jerk is most likely to suffer from low self-esteem, but there could be another very important reason. In case men haven't noticed, women love playing the role of the relationship therapist. That's right, some women would do anything just to have the chance to get others to pour out their troubles, while they attribute most problems to an Oedipal pre-adolescent complex. Most women love to know that they're the ones who discovered the solution to their boyfriends' problems and, in turn, healed them (so to speak).
To do this, they need a troubled soul to lie down in that leather couch; the jerk boyfriend. Most girls love to know that they "fixed" their jerk boyfriend. He was once a bad boy, but now he is a sweetheart and he's a changed man, all thanks to her. Yes, this is the challenge most women enjoy seeking, an incredible feat where they claim to have turned a lost soul around. If a man was perfect to begin with, what would be so exciting in the relationship? Women would be bored and they would probably have to create non-existent problems in the relationship to spruce things up a little.

Curt Smith was right when he discussed that balance is a solution to this twisted phenomenon. A man should be able to act sweet and gentlemanly when dating a woman, all while maintaining some mystique. Simply find some sort of middle ground because no woman wants a pushover.

But here is the good news; a girl who constantly falls for jerks is probably not worth having in the first place. Just be yourself, because whoever said that nice guys finish last was never in a relationship with a great girl. In the long run, the jerks are left with little black books filled with phone numbers of insecure girls, while the sweethearts get the woman worth spending a lifetime with.

A wise man once told me, "As a man, you have to die once in order to live." I never fully appreciated his advice, nor did I understand it until I experienced it firsthand. From that time on, I understood the origins of the Jerk vs. Nice Guy battle.

Readers may be asking themselves, "What in the world is this guy talking about?" Well, I'm referring to the widely known fact that women habitually date men that are jerks while the "nice" guys are often left twiddling their thumbs in solitaire. Does this sound familiar to anyone?
Figuratively speaking, in order for a man to enjoy the company of women and be able to seduce them, his inner nice guy must first die through heartache. It is at this point that his inner bad boy surfaces and goes on the prowl.

Any man that has experienced true love, only to have his heart crushed by the woman that he thought he would spend his life with, will understand what I am talking about. A man that has never experienced the heartache of being burned by the one person he really trusted probably won't understand my commentary. In any case, it is important to understand why nice guys finish last and why they probably always will.
Contrary to what most women think, men are interested in successful relationships. Most men will never pass up the chance to date the woman of their dreams. In fact, when a man does encounter this rarity of a woman, his passion gets the better of him. The thoughts that race through his mind are something along the lines of, "This woman is a keeper. I'm going to treat her right and do all I can to make her happy."

The only problem with being the nice guy is that you also become the boring, predictable guy. The excitement of the seduction process begins to fade for the woman because she has what she wants and doesn't have to do any chasing. Eventually the woman starts losing interest and before you know it, her eyes start to wander.
In the end, she'll look for a new man who will bring excitement back into her life by being the "new and improved" challenge. Pursuit and excitement usually stem from selfish attitudes, much like the bad boy who doesn't care about anyone but himself. The nice guy will be left heartbroken and will start wondering what in the world he did wrong.

It's at this point that men begin to realize that most women generally don't know what they want from us. Evidently, being the nice guy certainly doesn't help. The conclusion of the aforementioned scenario? The death of the nice guy persona. So that's the life and death of the nice guy and, as a result, "Mr. Nice" is resurrected into "Mr. Jerk".

As long as nice guys continue to get burned, there will always be a healthy supply of new jerks on the horizon to provide the dose of misery that women seem to yearn for. Eventually (often quite quickly), these nice guys will realize what type of man women actually want. The result is something that snaps inside of them as they begin to mimic the jerks that most women seem to pursue incessantly.
To become that kind of man, the charade must be taken to the extreme, which involves acting like a selfish person that has no regard for other people's feelings. This amounts to a jerk that will say anything to get a woman into bed. The jerk will furnish her with tons of roller coaster emotions and once he has sex with her, he'll dump her. Why? Because he feels vengeful and wants to burn women the same way he was burned. Remember; once you get burned, don't STOP playing with fire -- you TAME the flame.

So when women inadvertently give life to these jerks, they are really shooting themselves in the feet. That's the life and legacy of jerks everywhere.
If nice guys are what women really want, then why is it that most nice guys are single? Why is it that we constantly hear stories about women dating big jerks that took them for a ride -- literally?
The fact is that women generally don't want nice guys, or maybe they're too busy chasing after jerks to realize that they do. Why? Because women act on impulse and emotion rather than fact. Who do you suppose brings out these same irrepressible emotions in women? The jerks, of course.

So what does this all add up to? No one wants to get hurt, but in the same instance, no one wants to be perceived as a jerk either. That is why it's important to have a balanced attitude towards relationships. A man has to be able to court a woman, amuse her and excite her while continuously remaining a challenge.
Old 11-22-2004, 01:33 PM   #12
special K
askldjnasd fde

SpecialK why did you steal my name
special K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004, 01:40 PM   #13
moel

Quote:
Originally posted by special K
SpecialK why did you steal my name
your sentences are like an exercise in suck
Old 11-22-2004, 01:42 PM   #14
special K
askldjnasd fde

Quote:
Originally posted by moel
your sentences are like an exercise in suck
An early example of the Peter Principle.
special K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004, 04:54 PM   #15
rmr

when you meet the right special someone -- DATING IS SO FUN!!!

YAY!!!
rmr is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: