Old 05-05-2008, 08:14 PM   #781
brightpearl
Rhinoceros fan

I feel like stale bread.
brightpearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 11:08 PM   #782
auntie aubrey
excursions

i am angry in ways i can't possibly express without sounding like a total lunatic.

the next person who casually dismisses fundraising for cancer research as a "trendy" non-cause is getting 50 punches to the face and a knee to the groin.

it just makes me so furious. i can't even... words fail.... like spitting nails.... it's like.... it's like... qaw;oruqaeuhjr qowu4johtiu-0 48n 89q5yanf sh;oifh!!!!!!!

that's what it's like.
Old 05-05-2008, 11:37 PM   #783
Marcus Bales

Location: In a coign of the cliff between lowland and highland, at the sea-down's edge between windward and lee, walled round with rocks as an inland island, the ghost of a garden fronts the sea.
I feel like living dangerously.

propiolic - a trendy non-cause.

In hell when Auntie Aubrie says she'll give you 50 punches to the face and a knee to the groin, it's always the case that you've just removed your cup because it chafes, and you can't resist saying something about how fund-raising for cancer is propiolic.
Old 05-06-2008, 02:03 PM   #784
Stephi_B
waaaaaaa :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by trisherina View Post
I hope your time is coming soon, Stephi.
That... or I'll go mad
(my body and soul need weekends for example, 2 day weekends!)
But I feel better today, yesterday my office 'mate'(??) drove me crazy, he asked me in the morning not only (way too cheerful) whether I had worked last weekend (*grumble*, yes half of the 4 days others had free) and if it runs well with writing (I told him ca. in Feb that I don't want to hear that question, but pffft he asks at least thrice per week, nobody else does ask that (or anything else in that direction) at work, except boss - but well he's the boss, he'll correct it etc.
THEN: Only ca. 3 hours later (when I just had noticed, rather pissed that we have an extra seminar to attend) he asked me AGAIN if I had accomplished something (these last 3 hours that is).
He is a workaholic, as is his girlfriend (my chica, formerly, we've lived apart... she has resorted to shopping and working as only activities when she's wake), they do (many) weekend shifts even without any pressure, deadlines whatever (totally nuts imo, particularly what will they do when they really get pressure when they'll have to write up??). Anyways, I feel they somehow wallow in me having to work weekends currently (always these questions asked in so-sweet tone!!). And my office 'mate' even goes so far as to count cigarette butts in the ashtray (I always forget to empty ) and I suspect he might even be checking when I was logged in for the last time So when I came in these last Mo mornings, he went like: "I saw you've worked on weekend..." and always this stupid smile on his face!
Ah, and last week, when I said Wednesday evening that I'll take free May 1 (yeah, I suppose he asked me whether I'll work, then I still answered such things) he told me in such a fatherly tone (he is a year younger than me, and almost three years after me in working matters - and he looks after such things, for example he used to explain me - very proudly - that his girlfriend will have her PhD being like a 3/4 year younger than me and he looks down upon my friend cos she threw uni and PhD, being "just" a maths and physics teacher today.): "Don't party to wild... (cos you gotta write)". Wtf!?
Well, but yesterday I told him (well, I exploded...) what I think about this constant asking "And how many pages did you write today / this afternoon?" and all these other inquiries which are the last thing I need now, being totally pissed at this whole work-realted shit anyway, and my stuff in particular. Today, it was very tense from his side, I behaved normal, even borrowed him money for a coke, but I feel a whole lot better. Satisfied that stuff is said and I stopped sort of justifying myself towards someone who has no business with my life, stuff, work - we just share office - period!
Stephi_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 04:40 AM   #785
Frieda
in limbo

my wisdom tooth is going to be drilled out today.. i feel so scared..

maybe i'll lose feeling in my lip permanently because the nerve is so close to the roots
maybe it'll take forever and the sedation won't last long enough just like last time
maybe i'll accidently swallow blood and have to puke
maybe
maybe

help!

oh yeah
Frieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 05:03 AM   #786
lukkucairi
earth worker

*hug* Frieds, you'll be fine. Sending you good calm vibes
lukkucairi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 08:25 AM   #787
YsaPur EsChomuw
oi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frieda View Post
maybe
maybe
Don't fret, Frieda, maybe everything will go all right.
YsaPur EsChomuw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 09:40 AM   #788
Frieda
in limbo

i went in at 11:30 and the damn thing was out at 11:45-- bye bye tooth! what a relief that it went so fast, so much better than last time!

thanks guys your good wishes make me feel a lot better

oh yeah
Old 05-08-2008, 10:21 AM   #789
Marcus Bales

Location: In a coign of the cliff between lowland and highland, at the sea-down's edge between windward and lee, walled round with rocks as an inland island, the ghost of a garden fronts the sea.
I feel relieved! Not as relieved as Frieda, of course, but relieved nonetheless!
Old 05-08-2008, 10:41 PM   #790
T.I.P.
balancing actor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephi_B View Post
That... or I'll go mad
(my body and soul need weekends for example, 2 day weekends!)
But I feel better today, yesterday my office 'mate'(??) drove me crazy, he asked me in the morning not only (way too cheerful) whether I had worked last weekend (*grumble*, yes half of the 4 days others had free) and if it runs well with writing (I told him ca. in Feb that I don't want to hear that question, but pffft he asks at least thrice per week, nobody else does ask that (or anything else in that direction) at work, except boss - but well he's the boss, he'll correct it etc.
Least favorite question at the end of my thesis:

- So...are you finished yet ? (we used to ask each other this with co-grad students all the time for comic relief/torment).

Second least favorite question:

-So...what's your thesis about?

I answered those two questions SO MANY TIMES that I thought I would explode if anyone else asked me again.

Quote:
Ah, and last week, when I said Wednesday evening that I'll take free May 1 (yeah, I suppose he asked me whether I'll work, then I still answered such things) he told me in such a fatherly tone (he is a year younger than me, and almost three years after me in working matters - and he looks after such things, for example he used to explain me - very proudly - that his girlfriend will have her PhD being like a 3/4 year younger than me and he looks down upon my friend cos she threw uni and PhD, being "just" a maths and physics teacher today.): "Don't party to wild... (cos you gotta write)". Wtf!?
...and then you pushed him into the cyclotron and fired up the proton beamer, effectively transforming him into a smoking morsel of excrement
T.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 12:21 AM   #791
YsaPur EsChomuw
oi

Quote:
...he asked me in the morning not only (way too cheerful) whether I had worked last weekend... ...they do (many) weekend shifts even without any pressure...
Just wondering: Have you considered fighting fire with fire? You know, talking in motherly tone about the importance of taking a rest (you might throw in some scientific facts, too, if you like - the order in nature, etc) Then, every time weekend approaches, you might lovingly inquire about his plans for the weekend. 'Oh, no, is it work again?' combined sometimes with a face of serious concern, sometimes just a silent headshake, sometimes a look of disbelief...

That would teach him about some basic facts of life, namely, that people do differ from each other - and maybe, just maybe, he'd learn to live with those differences in a more graceful way. Or maybe, more probably, you'll just annoy the shit out of him.
YsaPur EsChomuw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 04:53 AM   #792
lukkucairi
earth worker

I feel tired and bitchy and a tad bit frustrated...
Old 05-09-2008, 06:22 AM   #793
Frieda
in limbo

i feel like a hamster. i think i can store 2 kg of pine nuts in my mangled cheek.

oh yeah
Old 05-16-2008, 09:51 AM   #794
lukkucairi
earth worker

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukkucairi View Post
I feel tired and bitchy and a tad bit frustrated...
^this, again, but moreso.

now I'm completely underslept and angry as hell.

I'm at the end of my rope, and I think the only thing to do here is let the fukker go.
Old 05-16-2008, 10:14 AM   #795
Stephi_B
waaaaaaa :)

^You are on less than 3-4h sleep since two weeks or longer, right?
Yes, let it go, but take care!!
If you can try to find the reason and/or try get back a natural feeling to sleeping (or not sleeping in some nights) -- it took me over a year when I had insomnia, only then I came over 5, 6h again. First you need to get back the calm / kma-insomnia-attitude and then the sleep follows. Promised! (I know it's hard to believe when you're in there.)
Stephi_B is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: