ZEFRANK.COM - message board  

Go Back   ZEFRANK.COM - message board > Out of the way eats
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-04-2002, 11:27 PM   #1
Kerstique

St Louis, MO

my very favorite foods from my hometown, St Louis:

1. Pizza World
It's a chain of gourmet pizza places that is really exceptional if you are a vegetarian (like me!), but they have a lot of other strange pizza for the meatasaurus as well. I always get the Grecian Gourmet.

2. Olympia House
fantastic greek food

3. Rich & Charlies
My very favorite Italian food, so much better than the big chain italian fine dining. The salads are amazing, and the pasta con asparagi is absolutely the best pasta I have ever had. They have a lot of other good pastas there as well.

4. Joe's Pizza
Actually I only ate there once, it was really good (veggie) pizza though. I always wanted to go back but it was way downtown and I was not. I could get to 4 Pizza Worlds before I reached it =)
Kerstique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2002, 06:02 PM   #2
Katie-cat

When I was a student at Wash U, I ate at Sub Express a lot - still haven't found a better sub anywhere.

I found that the only good burgers (in my opinion) in town were at O'Connells, where I was a regular. I remember one night the waitress used both arms to push all the glasses and pitchers out of the way so she could write down our tab, and she charged us $12. Ah, I loved that place.

A really good Bosnian place opened up a few years ago on, I believe, Hampton Road or somewhere around there. If anyone knows the one I'm talking about, remind me of the name. It was some of the best food I've ever had.

I also spent a lot of time at Morgan's Diner, a 24-hr lunch counter next to my favorite coffee shop that still has blue-plate specials and serves slingers to all the drunks in the middle of the night.
Katie-cat is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: