________

they got saddam

so, now what?
masterofNone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2003, 12:21 PM   #2
Frieda
in limbo

now?

now heīs got to have an official trial in the hague at the court for war criminals.

but i donīt think thatīs going to happen..

oh yeah
Frieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2003, 12:33 PM   #3
rmr

I think the Iraqi people are quite happy with the news.
rmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2003, 12:35 PM   #4
Frieda
in limbo

i think the americans in the army stationed there are happier!

edited to add: and why didnīt he kill himself? why surrender and give up? in ww2 it was very common for members of the ss to eat this suicide pill with rat poison in it when they were caught!

oh yeah

Last edited by Frieda : 12-14-2003 at 12:47 PM.
Frieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2003, 12:48 PM   #5
rmr

I'm sure the soldiers are elated and rightfully so..........but I wouldn't compare it to how the Iraqi people must feel now. We went in and accomplished what we said we were going to do........we screwed them over in the worst way during and after the Gulf War at least they now know Saadam will never be in power again. My only hope is that some substantial sort of government can be set-up and soon. The people of Iraq deserve that.
rmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2003, 02:57 PM   #6
zenbabe
Lollypop!

I really like the fact that he was living in a little dirt room underneath a farmhouse!

-Dr. Seuss
zenbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2003, 03:04 PM   #7
masterofNone
________

i was thinking i want to grow my beard to look like that.

it sucks that this will be seen as a vindication for a pre-emptive war. i just hope there's enough time between now and the election for the democrats to recover and kick dubya's ass out of office.
Old 12-14-2003, 03:30 PM   #8
zenbabe
Lollypop!

sexthy

-Dr. Seuss
zenbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2003, 07:35 PM   #9
Titanlcaxx
monkey

I doubt he was living in that hole.. probably ran to it when he saw/heard a hoard of soldiers heading his way.
Titanlcaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2003, 08:10 PM   #10
azur
over the rainbow!

Why they showed pictures from taking "genetic material" from his mouth? You probaly have seen it?
An barbarian act against his dignity? What for?

I hope he'll spend the rest of his life in prison and tribunal like nazis or yugoslavian dictators.
azur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2003, 08:27 PM   #11
masterofNone
________

it was, i think, an attempt to minimize him... to show mankind in general, but perhaps the iraqis in particular, how small he is in reality. "see," they seem to be saying, "look at the monster, he has no teeth. he is just an old man who needs a shave and a bath."

better treatment than we gave his sons.
Old 12-14-2003, 08:35 PM   #12
bealeblues
where's my salt?

they probably got genetic material from him to confirm that it was, in fact, him

personally, i don't give a rat's ass what they do to him, brutal or otherwise......

if that makes me a monger, sobeit......
Old 12-14-2003, 08:43 PM   #13
Titanlcaxx
monkey

Better treatment then HE ever gave anyone!!!!!!!!

In the last Gulf war, the Iraqi dictator racked up 16 violations of the law of war under the Hague and Geneva conventions, according to an unclassified report written by Pentagon lawyers in 1992.

Some of them involved "gruesome" tortures by amputation, electric shock, electric drills, acid baths, rape, forced self-cannibalism, dismemberment and ax beatings, according to the "Report on Iraqi War Crimes: Desert Shield/Desert Storm," a copy of which was obtained by WorldNetDaily. (Editor's note: This is a large .pdf file; Adobe Acrobat required.)

U.S. officials say Saddam and his henchmen in the current war are on a path to break their old war-crimes record. So far, Iraqi troops and irregulars loyal to Saddam have, among other things:

Abused the flag of truce by pretending to surrender and then firing on U.S. Marines.

Executed and likely tortured U.S. prisoners of war.

Disguised themselves as civilians, then fired on U.S. troops.
And more atrocities are anticipated as U.S. forces enter Baghdad.

The November 1992 Pentagon report accused Iraqi troops of systematically carrying out grisly acts of torture against Kuwaiti citizens "with the approval of the national leadership in Iraq."

"The evidence establishes that there were at least two dozen torture sites in Kuwait City, most of which were located in either police stations or sports facilities," the report said. "The gruesome evidence confirms torture by amputation of or injury to various body parts, to include limbs, eyes, tongues, ears, noses, lips and genitalia.

"Electric shock was applied to sensitive parts of the body (nose, mouth, genitalia)," the report said. "Electric drills were used to penetrate the chest, leg(s) or arm(s) of victims."

Invading Iraqi soldiers also allegedly beat Kuwaiti civilians, crushing bones, skulls and disfiguring their faces, according to the catalog of abuses. Some victims were soaked in acid. Others were beaten while suspended from ceilings. Axes were allegedly used in some beatings.

"Women taken hostage were raped repeatedly," the report added.

But it gets worse: "Eyewitnesses reported Iraqis torturing a woman by making her eat her own flesh as it was cut from her body," the report said.

Some of the Kuwaiti accounts have since been challenged as exaggerations designed to whip up international sympathy for their cause.

The findings of war crimes were a result of evidence collected by the Army's 199th Judge Advocate Detachment in St. Petersburg, Fla., the 208th Judge Advocate Reserve Detachment here in Washington, and the Defense Intelligence Agency's Document Examination Center in Dhahran, Saudi Arabia.

According to the report, that evidence included: U.S. documents, captured Iraqi documents, videotaped and written statements of eyewitnesses to war crimes, prisoners of war, "human shields," Kuwaiti victims, and graphic videotape and still photos of war crimes.

Here is the carnage by numbers, according to the report:

A total of 1,082 Kuwaiti civilians were killed.

Some 120 babies "were left to die after being removed from incubators that were taken to Iraq."

More than 150 children between the ages of one and 13 were killed "for various reasons."

Fifty-seven mentally ill individuals were killed "simply because of their handicap."
Among U.S. military personnel, 21 individuals were captured and held as prisoners of war by Iraq.

"All of the prisoners of war were the victims of war crimes committed by Iraq," the report said.

Interestingly, U.S. military investigators found no evidence Iraq used chemical weapons against U.S. forces or Kuwaitis, although they established that it "intended to use" them.

The first Bush administration had refused to declassify the document reportedly because it worried it would hurt former President Bush's reelection bid by underscoring his failure to drive Saddam from power.

The Clinton administration finally released the report in March 1993.
Titanlcaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2003, 09:43 PM   #14
masterofNone
________

christ, enough already, he was a bad guy. we get it. he's in prison now. yay. i don't think anybody was defending the ****er.
Old 12-14-2003, 09:54 PM   #15
bealeblues
where's my salt?

maybe not, but since i rarely speak on these issues, i just simply wanted my succinct point made. i did, and i don't plan to speak on this again.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: