Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 4.67 average. Display Modes
Old 04-06-2004, 10:24 AM   #31
fodder

it's clean, you just have pretty poor sentence structure

it should read cleanly on a webboard

(but your point is duly noted, ma'am)
Old 04-06-2004, 10:30 AM   #32
Avalon

chalk up the "poor structure" to being p'ss'd off. Why not just ignore me fodder? I really don't mind.

Edited to add: Infact, I insist.
I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it.
Groucho Marx

Last edited by Avalon : 04-06-2004 at 10:44 AM.
Avalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2004, 12:07 PM   #33
fodder

prehaps we could be grate frenz if we only met halfway

edit to add: lighten up, it's a msgboard

Last edited by fodder : 04-06-2004 at 12:10 PM.
Old 04-06-2004, 05:02 PM   #34
Willow Sylph
monkey

FODDER - For the love of Benji, cool it!!!!! Can't we all be friends?!
Knight 1: We are now the Knights who say.... "Ekki-Ekki-Ekki-Ekki-PTANG! Zoom-Boing! Z'nourrwringmm!"
Willow Sylph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004, 02:22 AM   #35
zenbabe
Lollypop!

mmmmmmmmmm..bunny rabbit was GOOD!! Except for all those stupid bones........................

-Dr. Seuss
zenbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 06:26 PM   #36
esjessi

Angry

PETA goes too far; they insult me/give me, as a vegetarian, a bad name. But I don't understand the people who show no compassion towards animals.
Old 04-25-2004, 02:28 AM   #37
bwallach
monkey

I really can't believe this thread went this far. Ia gree with the above statement. Why not show some compassion towards animals. ....
bwallach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2004, 03:03 AM   #38
zenbabe
Lollypop!

believe me people...anything furry has my heart (and that includes my husband) but there is this little thing called the food chain that we happen to be on top of unless we are swimming in the ocean or hiking in the woods..........so get over it.......

btw..there is nothing wrong with being a vegitarian..do what you have to do, we all have requirments that need to be met....but I for one am a carnivore and will always be a carnivore..otherwise I would probably die. And meat tastes to damn good to give up.

-Dr. Seuss
Old 04-25-2004, 07:17 AM   #39
priceyfatprude
girthy pickles

Question

Quote:
Originally posted by priceyfatprude
So riddle me this: what do y'all think of deer hunting season?
priceyfatprude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2004, 06:19 PM   #40
zenbabe
Lollypop!

I think if they actually eat the meat then it is ok, but if they are just killing for sport, that is so not ok.

-Dr. Seuss
Old 04-25-2004, 07:34 PM   #41
Avalon

Eat what you kill..or prepare to be killed to be eaten.

I, as much as I love animals.I would probably die first. But, i don't have problem with hunting if you utilize the meat. And NO, I don't mean electocuting mink, or wearing unborn pony skins coats. I mean eating what you hunt, as Zen said.
May anyone who hunts for pure pleasure, become the hunted. You can hunt for the thrill of it with a camera.
I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it.
Groucho Marx
Avalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2004, 11:25 PM   #42
Gatsby
I used to be a girl

I come from the midwest where hunting is an institution. Not just deer, but quail, duck, turkey - there's a hunting season for everything.

As humans have edged their way into the territories of these animals, we've removed many of their natural predators (bears, bobcats, etc.). The result: huge overpopulation of these animals, crowded into the small remaining natural habitats.

Thus, hunting season doesn't just serve the hunters - it serves to keep the population of these animals in check. Deer, in particular, are hugely overpopulated and have difficulty finding adequate greenage (especially in the winter) and are forced into populated areas to find food, creating problems with the locals, not to mention the huge problem with traffic accidents. (A run-in with a deer can total a car.) Deer wouldn't venture into these areas if they had a choice. Inbreeding also becomes a problem.

Thus, the state designs hunting seasons around the times of year when it is most beneficial to the overall population of the animals. Hunting season is strictly limited (bow season, rifle season), and there is a cap on the number of animals that can be killed. There are also restrictions on size of the animal, etc.

Not to say that I'm happy about this situation in any way whatsoever. I think it's terrible, the destruction of forestry and gross disregard for the natural habitats of so many animals. I wish it wasn't this way. But as it stands...

I love animals. But people around here have a genuine respect for hunting. It's a bonding time for fathers and sons, and every single hunter I know (and I know a LOT) have a profound respect for nature. Hunting for them is as much about being in the forest as it is about "the kill." And I don't know a single hunter who doesn't use the meat - around here, having a freezer full of venison is a thing of pride, something shared with the whole neighborhood.

Last edited by Gatsby : 04-25-2004 at 11:47 PM.
Gatsby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 04:14 PM   #43
Spicy Jack
Brains! Brains!

Wasn't PETA the ones that wanted to make pets legally "companions" so that the pets had rights above other animals or something. These people are nuts. Loving animals is great but these guys jumped ship a while ago.

It's simple. Eat Kosher and your problems will be solved. There are certain rules on how you kill the animals and what animals you should and shouldn't eat. It may sound radical, but if you really truly look into it, it makes a lot of practical sense.
Spicy Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 06:31 PM   #44
Gatsby
I used to be a girl

PETA was making waves here in Oklahoma a few months ago. There's a town called "Slaughterville." (An unfortunate name, anyway.) But PETA offered them some sort of money/grant/etc to change the name to "Veggieville."

The town declined.
Gatsby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 06:32 PM   #45
Spicy Jack
Brains! Brains!

Lol!
Spicy Jack is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: