ZEFRANK.COM - message board  

Go Back   ZEFRANK.COM - message board > Being little
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 09-17-2002, 09:17 PM   #1
zefrank
-------------

middle school

Alton U. Farnsworth Middle School was shaped like a blueprint of the Starship Enterprise. A large circular building housed an auditorium surrounded by classrooms dedicated to art and vocational training classes (for those of you who went to prep school it may come as a surprise that trade skills were being taught so early on). Two corridors branched off of this circle and funneled into the body of the school, a two story square building which was divided into 3 arbitrarily marked territories or "houses". Upon entering the school each student was assigned to a "house", and would remain its member until graduating to high school. I was placed in Hiawatha house, down the hall and to the left was Mohawk house and beyond that, the dark corridors of Tawasentha house. A tracking program had been in place since the school had opened, funneling higher achieving students into Hiawatha, the middle ground to Mohawk, leaving the rest in Tawasentha. Students rarely switched houses mid-course and if they did it was only for unusual or cruel circumstances.

The school buses would pick us up in the rear of the school, which required passage through the garbage strewn Tawasentha halls (the litter might be an unjust addition of my memory), and was frightful even for the bravest of our grade. A small lawn separated the school from the bus parking lot and it was there that all of the middle school relationships were exposed to the mob - in the form of French kisses and the occasional groping.

My first girlfriend was a young lady named Kelly D. in the 7th grade (late bloomer, I was), and it was in the that parking lot that I first felt another tongue sharing space with mine. It was utterly nerve racking and devoid of any pleasure outside of the thrill of a first time experience. It was if we had formed some sort of uber-mouth with giant mutant dueling tongues. It reminded me of the feeling of touching your own arm after it has fallen asleep, both part of you and separate at the same time.

The relationship lasted through 3 more weeks of awkward hand holding and small pecks, I don't think either one of us wanted to duplicate the experience of the strange French version of the kiss. She broke up with me on Christmas eve. I found myself deeply touched by the pop song "I Miss You" and told my stepfather ( to this day I can't imagine how he was able to keep a straight face) that I finally understood what people meant when they said that "love hurts".
zefrank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2002, 01:46 AM   #2
FoggiestIdea

That pretty much sums up my middle school experiences out here in California. I remember the first French kisses being revolting. Our school was not unfamiliar to the occasional couple groping each other in the five minutes between classes in some dark alcove.
Old 09-18-2002, 01:55 AM   #3
brittykitty
better than your mom

i spent my middle school years pretending i did things like smoke pot and have sexual encounters w/ boys often, to look cool. in high school i pretended i didn't do things like smoke pot and have sexual encounters w/ boys often.
Old 09-18-2002, 01:13 PM   #4
ShiMegami
monkey

Middle School

Ah...the Middle School years. Still being little, I have a clearer memory of them than I'd like to have. I was doomed to the same class of kids from Kindergarten through grade eight, due to the fact that it was a small private school. I never did find my niche, and seventh grade was a year of conformity that I'd like to forget. I acted like a complete idiot, listened to music I hated because everyone else did, and wore clothes with brand names smeared across them, and even worse, I was liked for it. That wasn't worth being a walking Roxy billboard. When I reverted to my normal self in grade eight, nobody knew what had hit me. I chose to remain on the outskirts all year. So much for the glory years. And my first French kiss? I was ill for hours afterward.
ShiMegami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2002, 02:04 PM   #5
lapietra
half baked

kissing

I was threatened with a French kiss for the first time when I was about twelve... I was staying over at my friend's for the weekend - she was having a birthday party, one of the planned features of which was a live band that her stepbrother was in. I hung around watching them set up before the party, and lo and behold, her stepbrother took a liking to me and found an excuse to pull me aside later & tell me so. Very cute boy, nice tan. I hadn't developed especially discriminating tastes yet...
Anyway, he tried to stick his tongue in my mouth pretty soon after that... It didn't appear that he had brushed his teeth recently so I politely declined.
The next time I was offered this compliment was when I was about 14, walking home through the park with...wow. I even just looked through my middle school yearbooks & couldn't remember his name... despite that, it was a very pleasant experience. Either it was that he was a good kisser or my hormones were raging, which they were, but I can't imagine a proper kiss without a tongue since then. I mean, from someone who isn't in my family. Obviously.
Old 09-19-2002, 12:52 AM   #6
bri
monkey

for unlawful carnal knowledge

Quote:
Originally posted by ShiMegami
...I listened to music I hated because everyone else did...
me too! near the end of 8th grade, I started to rebel, and so I thought I was all badass listening to Van Halen while everyone else was learning the dance routine to Ice Ice Baby
Old 09-19-2002, 03:21 AM   #7
beckstra
one classy broad

Almost twenty-two and still without that horrifying tale of the first french kiss.

Middle school was a nightmare. It was as big as a college campus, intertwined with the high school, and in Japan. Me and my gawky, awkward self were too busy trying to dodge homework and get all the way across campus from first period p.e. to second period english. Ugh.

And yes, still a big fan of the dancing banana.
Old 09-19-2002, 01:08 PM   #8
ShiMegami
monkey

Actually, I have no problem with high school...I'm in some sort of advanced prgram in which I onyl have to spend time in a classroom six hours a week...but I'm still looking forward to college. I have it all planned out...^_^;;
Old 09-21-2002, 04:39 AM   #9
quintondotcom
Special Agent Dale Cooper

I *knew* as soon as I saw that dancing banana that you spent time in the height of your formative years exposed to Ice Ice Baby, Bri.

- quinton

(lines up behind beckstra in the dancing banana fan club)
quintondotcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2002, 05:30 PM   #10
Alex the Carrot

On the subject of the first kiss

Technically, I choose not to count my first kiss. I was about 13 or 14, and the girl was called Tamara, a bit older than me, who came with her family to look after our neighbour's house in the summer. For a while even further back I had been swamped with puppy love over her, but that had kinda dissapeared. But it must have transferred over to her somehow, because she suddenly took an interest in me that summer.

We spent time sitting up trees, sitting at the beach, and all the while there were those horrible silences that you want to fill but just can't think of anything. So one time when we were on the beach, without warning, she just leant in and french kissed. It was then I realised two things - 1. She had had experience and 2. She had a mouth like a garbage dump.

I tried to break it off but she just kept coming! So eventually I just got up and left.

When she came back the year after she was engaged. I'm still not sure what age she was.

Well, second favourite.
Alex the Carrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2002, 12:30 PM   #11
bri
monkey

word to the mutha

Quote:
Originally posted by quintondotcom
I *knew* as soon as I saw that dancing banana that you spent time in the height of your formative years exposed to Ice Ice Baby, Bri. (lines up behind beckstra in the dancing banana fan club)
don't forget NKOTB!

but yeah: "the running man" is still a powerful weapon in my arsenal of dance moves! now if only I could get that banana to do some Hammer moves...
bri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2002, 01:37 PM   #12
KelliV
misunderstood genius

Exclamation my first kiss

I was "tricked" into it.

was in 5th grade and starting to be curious about boys, but WAY too scared of them. There was a boy that lived across the way from me.... Ricky S. He was constantly chasing me around and trying to kiss me.... the horror of it all was overwhelming.

One day he cornered me against a brick wall and pointed behind me and said "What's that?" I turned to look, saw nothing of note and turned back around to tell him he was seeing things....

and WHACK! he planted one on me....

I ran home.
KelliV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2002, 12:29 PM   #13
Isla
monkey

MMMmmmm... my first kiss...

His name was Brett Joshua Ingram, his birthday was February 14th, 1969, and he was very physically mature for a 12 year old... as was I.

All the girls at the little private school I attended were CRAZY about him... even 14 and 15 year old girls would swoon when he would ride by to flirt with us after school let out.

He chose me. Suddenly, every girl in my school HATED me, but I didn't care. Brett was not only an amazing hottie, he was FUN! We rode our bikes together, swam in ponds together, and talked about all kinds of things.

I remember the first time he kissed me... it was as though my mouth was electrified by his. I regret a lot of things in my life, but I'll never regret saving my first kiss for him. I had held hands with a couple of other boys before him, and they wanted to kiss me, but I just couldn't do it. Brett, on the otherhand, lit my fire in a big, big way.

Sadly, he had to move to another state that summer, and even though he wanted to keep up the relationship long-distance, I couldn't handle it and basically dumped him.

For years I have wanted to tell him that I'm sorry... and I have always hoped the very, very best for him. So if anyone knows Brett Ingram... tell him for me!

Last edited by Isla : 11-06-2002 at 12:32 PM.
Isla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2002, 03:07 PM   #14
JudyPatooty
nudge nudge wink wink

Middle school. It was a nightmare.

Small town Texas. I was still the "new girl" even though we had moved there over a year previously. I was the smartest kid in the class.

But the worst thing of all was that my mother was the English teacher at the school. There was no escaping her. No other school to transfer to. I had my own mother for class.

It's doesn't get any worse for a pimply-faced awkward pre-teen.

Judy
JudyPatooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2002, 03:58 AM   #15
amanda
old s'cool

Ah, the memories

Middle school- mostly I remember seeming smart and trying really hard not to show it. But that was pretty hard after my teacher's found out I was being tested for Mensa.

That and being tormented for it- lots of fist fights to stand my ground. My beautiful bicycle was the unwitting victim of a mallicious attack by a group of boys who decided I wasn't cool like them. They found dead snakes in their lunches soon afterwards. (the snakes were dead before being planted- and no, I didn't kill them.)

Never had the romantic interludes, even through high school. I wasn't into any cliches- goth, the popular ones, or even one of the "geeks". I was one of those "interesting" people that 2000+ knew about, but never took the time to get to know. (This all came out in my senior year when several people confronted me about it.)

I was a tomboy; a jester that even my oldest friends didn't know where I lived. (It was kinda hard to explain that I lived on a tiny sailboat.)

So my life was wrapped up in books, playing with my juggling clubs, and scheming ways to graduate high school early.

That was fine- most boys didn't seem to be interested in me either. But there was always one that I was interested in, but was too shy to do anything about until it was too late. I remember I went to the junior prom by myself- by the time I got enough gumption to ask the one guy I wanted go with, he already asked a friend of mine.

Next year, I was actually asked to go to a dance. But then my date bragged to all of his friends that I wasn't worth an expensive dinner- that I better "put out" for the McDonald's happy meal he was preparing to buy me that evening.

Never went to that dance because I dumped his sorry behind in front of those same friends. I couldn't find any dead snakes.

Hmmm....my love life since then seems to be an echo of those two experiences.

Anyway, didn't have my first kiss until the end of my freshman year in college. Only thing worth noting was that he tasted like orange marmalade. And he was cute, until he started sleeping with other girls.

Last edited by amanda : 11-09-2002 at 04:42 AM.
amanda is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: