1. like the kama sutra for trees

2. this is just beligerent

3. this is half way between "creepy" and, "why?"

4. can be a useful tool
quintondotcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2002, 02:17 PM   #2
ShiMegami
monkey

I had no idea death row had a website...but if I'm ever convicted of serial murder in the first degree I'll remember this site...
Old 09-19-2002, 03:04 PM   #3
bri
monkey

sheesh, I wonder how much (if any) of execution #271's request was fulfilled...
Two 16 oz. ribeyes, one lb. turkey breast (sliced thin), twelve strips of bacon, two large hamburgers with mayo, onion, and lettuce, two large baked potatoes with butter, sour cream, cheese, and chives, four slices of cheese or one-half pound of grated cheddar cheese, chef salad with blue cheese dressing, two ears of corn on the cob, one pint of mint chocolate chip ice cream, and four vanilla Cokes or Mr. Pibb
Old 09-19-2002, 09:30 PM   #4
lapietra
half baked

ugh...

...I can't help but think... the cleanup must have been dreadful...sorry. My mind *does* go there.
Old 09-20-2002, 02:30 AM   #5
rmr

death row

what i find really disturbing is that I really like fried chicken, what does that say about me?
rmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2002, 03:26 AM   #6
quintondotcom
Special Agent Dale Cooper

vegetarians of the world unite

i like meat, but was there ever a better case for abandoning it? chicken, steak, hamburger, chicken, chicken, hamburger... maybe eating too much meat makes you feel like doing illegal things.
Old 09-20-2002, 02:33 PM   #7
lapietra
half baked

I think it's really interesting that most of these guys either ordered enough food to kill themselves before it was done to them, or nuthin'. All or nuthin' at all. Or a Communion wafer.

Also - does anybody know if there's a set menu you have to order from? I mean, there's not a great deal of variation in these choices... Not a single one of them ordered sushi, or boba tea, or blowfish.... or Thai food for that matter. Or spaghetti! There must be a set menu.
Old 09-20-2002, 02:55 PM   #8
ShiMegami
monkey

Ahh. Good point. I was thinking I'd order lobster or something along the lines of that. But, from talking to people that live in Texas, those are popular foods. And, since pople have ordered things like birthday cake, there has to be some variety, no?
Old 09-20-2002, 03:01 PM   #9
rmr

Death Row

George Bush's favorite food is Tex Mex.....coincidence....you tell me.
Old 09-21-2002, 12:29 AM   #10
saskuoch
Somebody stole my cheese

We have this neat (unwritten) policy in Texas where you really only receive capital punishment if you grew up underprivileged and are still poor, especially if you are African American. I think that helps to explain the food choices. Sushi is not really the food of the masses. Also, recall that the people of this state pride themselves on beef and oil. People don't really eat oil(cause it's all poisonous and stuff), but in many cases they do eat as much beef as they can afford, so it's reasonable that if you grew up considering beef to be something either luxurious or a dietary staple, you would want it for your last meal. Also, in Texas, there is no menu. You can order whatever you like. There is a cook who usually does all of the last meals (which, due to late night appeals approvals, people occasionally receive more than once), and he or she spends the day getting exactly what the prisoner wants. In the past, there have been cases where a prisoner would request McDonalds, and the cook had an easy day, because (s)he just had to go out and buy it. As for the clean up thing, they take precautions to assure that there's not much of it. Just one of the many ways we're treating convicted criminals with basic human respect and dignity. Or something like that.
We are, of course, now living in what George W. Bush has called the "era of personal responsibility": if a child chooses to have parents who can't afford health care, that child will have to accept the consequences.
saskuoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2002, 12:32 AM   #11
saskuoch
Somebody stole my cheese

And by the way, rag on Bush all you want, but don't knock Tex-Mex. Have you ever had good Tex-Mex? With a margarita in a glass the size of a small bucket? Because I'd just about kill for that meal right now. (Bad pun intended.)
We are, of course, now living in what George W. Bush has called the "era of personal responsibility": if a child chooses to have parents who can't afford health care, that child will have to accept the consequences.
saskuoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2002, 03:38 AM   #12
quintondotcom
Special Agent Dale Cooper

Talking ugh

*groan* (half-smirking)
Old 09-22-2002, 02:14 AM   #13
rmr

??

Don't they have a Chi Chi's or something in Hong Kong?????
Old 09-22-2002, 10:26 AM   #14
red
elite rabble

Chi Chi's is no where near Tex-Mex.
Maybe Midwest-Mex.
Old 09-22-2002, 11:01 AM   #15
rmr

Death Row

Surely you jest.

Display Modes Rate This Thread