ZEFRANK.COM - message board  

Go Back   ZEFRANK.COM - message board > FAST CHAT
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-16-2007, 11:14 AM   #16
auntie aubrey
excursions

one time in charleston, south carolina (one of those self-proclaimed "most haunted cities in america") i went to use the restroom at a restaurant near the waterfront and as i entered i noticed that the first stall was occupied. it was only the slightest glance, the kind you do when you're doing a quick stall-check on your way to a pee. i saw the moving shadow of an occupant and heard the normal kind of bathroom-stall-shuffling one would expect. clothing rustling, toilet paper dispenser rattling, etc. i went into the other stall and took care of my business and only half noticed that the shuffling in the next stall halted suddenly. (i regarded it dismissively as that going-silent mode that women go into when they're doing they're dirty sinful business in a public washroom and they want to pretend they're not there)

i finished, exited the stall and went straight to the sink. with a casual glance over my shoulder at the other stall i noticed that the door was still closed. then something seemed odd. i hadn't heard a flush, an unlatching, the sink, the door. not only that, the shadow was gone. i leaned over and peeked, but there were no shoes. i reached out and nudged the stall door and it swung open to reveal an empty compartment. there was no one there, and i'd heard no one leave. i must have seemed thoughtful when i returned to my table because my husband said, "something wrong?" and i told him the only explanation that i could think of at the time. "either someone was murdered in the bathroom of this restaurant or sometimes ghosts have to pee, too."
Old 06-16-2007, 02:13 PM   #17
Tunesmith
click click click

Thank you, BRYNN! Now that's what I'm talkin about.

*shivers*
Old 06-16-2007, 03:32 PM   #18
Avalon

'K Tunes..
This isn't the weird story, but I find this strange. My dad and his sister, Jane, were born 9 years 9 days apart. My aunt on Jan. 20, 1920, my dad Jan. 29,1929.

My aunt Jane died 9 years before my dad, in Sept. My dad..9 years later ( of course ) in Oct. The dates are 9 years and 9 days apart.

While at a family dinner at my grandmother's house, my daughter answered the phone; I saw the look on her face, heard her say "Oh No You are NOT!", drop the phone and run. When I got there, the line was dead and she was hysterically crying. I asked her who it was and she said "The lady said Hi E! This is Aunt Jane, how are you honey?".
Aunt Jane had been dead nearly 8 years at this point.
A year or so later we lost my dad to work related accident; the trauma was horrible. My parents had divorced years before, so my brothers, my sister, and I had to deal with selling the house. I was in the dining room when the phone rang, so, out of habit.. I naturally picked it up. Imagine my surprise when my Aunt Jane said " Hello D...I am so sorry about your dad". The worst part? This happened in January and phone service had been disconnected the prior November.
My sister had also heard the phone; she asked me.."Was that Aunt Jane again? She called yesterday too, that's why I ran for the phone..I was going to tell you not to answer."

We physically removed the phones from my dad's house immediately.

I know it sounds nuts, and that is the reason I don't usually tell anyone.
BTW, now when the phone rings and no one on the other line, the family joke is
to blame my Aunt Jane.
I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it.
Groucho Marx
Avalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 03:36 PM   #19
Jack Flanders
landscaping is fun

^^^ That made the hair on my arms stand straight up!!! Brrrr!
Jack Flanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 07:02 PM   #20
Odbe
hope dope

Creepy music (Well that's kind of odd, one of the songs from that just came up on my random playlist...)
Creepy stories

Here's an experience of my own.
Next to my house is a big empty block, then a friendly but elderly man's house, then a large block of holiday apartments. There is a kind of a courtyard that you can get into by walking around the side of the man's house.
One time just after midnight (or it may have been some time into the morning) I heard repeated sounds coming from that direction. You know how it's hard to identify very distant sounds, right? I didn't know what this was, it could have been yelling or an animal crying. I went up to the side of the house to investigate, a position from which you can see the apartments easily as they are a few storeys higher than the house.
There was a light on in an upstairs apartment and I could hear more muffled noise coming from it. I crept even closer to the courtyard. I cupped my ear and stayed still, and I could hear what they were. It was one person's voice. They were saying words in a steady rhythm. They were things like,
"Desk, chair, light, wall, dark, mirror, stone, brick," but every now and then they'd get stuck on saying "light, light, light, light, light".
Sometimes they would become quite agitated and talk in a high, whingy voice as though they were afraid of something. Sometimes they would start almost yelling the words or stop talking altogether. They seemed to be doing laps of the room because periodically I could see a figure at the window. I was sure there was only one person in there, or if there was another they said nothing.

I still have no idea what was going on in that apartment. It was none of my business but curiosity is a force to be reckoned with. I'd love to know if you have any idea what it could have been.
Odbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 07:53 PM   #21
auntie aubrey
excursions

well, there was a woman with tourette syndrome at the shoe store today and judging from her behavior it sounds like you encountered something similar.

the woman in the store today kept shrieking "FIRE OH MY GOD FIRE" and then she would talk normally and then she would start shireking the word "FIRE FIRE FIRE FIRE FIRE" over and over and over and then she would stop again. and in between she would mutter "no one had better be thinking bad thoughts about me, i have tourettes and i can't help it" but even the muttering seemed to be a manifestation of the tourettes.

it was an odd scene. her voice was hoarse even when speaking in a normal voice because the bouts of shrieking were throat-rendingly piercing.

it was disconcerting. not sure whether it qualified as creepy, though.
Old 06-16-2007, 09:26 PM   #22
madasacutsnake
no more nice girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odbe View Post
It was one person's voice. They were saying words in a steady rhythm. They were things like,
"Desk, chair, light, wall, dark, mirror, stone, brick," but every now and then they'd get stuck on saying "light, light, light, light, light".
Sometimes they would become quite agitated and talk in a high, whingy voice as though they were afraid of something. Sometimes they would start almost yelling the words or stop talking altogether. They seemed to be doing laps of the room because periodically I could see a figure at the window.

There is a resident at my work with bipolar disorder and she does things like this. People here with more knowledge should be able to enlighten you further.

Last night's gem:

"How are you B?"

"In suspense, suspense, suspense, suspense"
Old 06-16-2007, 10:01 PM   #23
brightpearl
Rhinoceros fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odbe View Post
They were things like,
"Desk, chair, light, wall, dark, mirror, stone, brick," but every now and then they'd get stuck on saying "light, light, light, light, light"
I'm pretty sure that's obsessive-compulsive disorder, though it may be complicated by other things.

That story breaks my heart.
brightpearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 11:32 PM   #24
Tunesmith
click click click

I agree with Auntie, it sounds like a version of verbal Tourette's. Tourette's can be comorbid (be present with) with OCD, ADHD, bipolarism, etc, so it's very possible that any of these are right.

People with severe Tourette's are sometimes seen as outcasts, just because of their unconventional behavior. Odbe, your person was probably just a lonely Touretter.

It's amazing and horrible how all this can come from an imbalance of chemicals in the brain...
Old 06-17-2007, 12:59 AM   #25
trisherina
meretricious dilettante

Echolalia is not that uncommon in all ages and many types of disorders. Often the voice sounds strange because the person is quite literally parroting something he or she heard someone else say or sing.
trisherina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 09:24 AM   #26
DoonDoon
I love Josh.

I'm not sure if this is creepy or not, but I'll share...

About a year ago, my great grandmother was admitted to the hospital and was not doing well. She wouldn't respond to anyone, and we all figured she wouldn't make it through the week.
She had made it through three or four days, and my family and I were beginning to wonder if she really would make it or not. Nobody was really sure.
The next night, I went to sleep and I dreampt I was in her hospital room. My grandmother and great aunt were asleep in chairs at her bedside (they, being her daughters, were there with her). My great grandmother was laying in bed, looking extremely frail and grey. Suddenly, she opened her eyes....jumped out of bed, and began dancing and doing cartwheels!!! She then approached me, and said "Please tell everyone that I am fine. I feel great, and Tom is here with me." (Tom was my great grandpa who died about five years earlier). Then, the door to the hospital room opened and a yellowish glow came into the room. My great grandmother began to dance out the door. Before exiting, she turned to me and said "Make sure everyone knows I'm ok...and that Tom and I are together."
I woke up... the clock said 3:26 am.
The next morning, my mother came to me as I stumbled out of bed. I was shocked when she told me this:
"Your grandmother called, great grandma died last night. They're not sure when, but the doctor's best guess was about 3:26 this morning."
Old 06-20-2007, 03:15 PM   #27
T.I.P.
balancing actor

I only have second hand ghost stories to tell so i will spare you.

I found this while I was looking for something else, and it reminded me of your stories.

Sufjan Stevens - Concerning the UFO Sighting Near Highland

T.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 07:53 PM   #28
Frieda
in limbo

i have a fruit fly in my ear and it won't come out

edited to add: on second thought-- maybe this isn't creepy enough

oh yeah
Frieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 07:59 PM   #29
Jack Flanders
landscaping is fun

^^^ hold an over ripe banana (I'm not getting dirty here ) to that ear and maybe it will fly out to it. And please take a picture of yourself doing that!!! Who knows, it might work!! I find this very creepy.

Last edited by Jack Flanders : 06-20-2007 at 08:13 PM.
Jack Flanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 03:46 AM   #30
Frieda
in limbo

it's out!

thanks for the tips & tricks guys

oh yeah
Frieda is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: