ZEFRANK.COM - message board  

Go Back   ZEFRANK.COM - message board > FICTION PROJECT
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 190 votes, 4.96 average. Display Modes
Old 07-07-2009, 11:29 PM   #3706
dddrum
Amateur Human

howdddy. I am at mickey world with kaskeens and masterjedi, and our families... typing this on a pda from the jurassic period. brilliant entries all. will sort them out this weekend. meantime, happy 7th of july. I hope your fire works!

Last edited by dddrum : 07-11-2009 at 10:31 PM. Reason: rrreemoovall oof exxtraaneeouss letttttters
dddrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 05:56 PM   #3707
Brynn
constantly amazed

Now good Mr. D, you know - as we all do - that you've got lots of time while you're standing in line, especially if you didn't fork over extra $$$ for the fast passes (really worth it, btw). You are going to have to choose between expensive quality time with your family, and inexpensive quality time spent judging this important game during your vacation.
I think you know what the right thing to do is.
Brynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 07:21 PM   #3708
YsaPur EsChomuw
oi

^ I don't think it might be a good idea to urge him do the right thing. He might get busy the whole weekend and it would take eons till he gets down to judging.
YsaPur EsChomuw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 11:24 PM   #3709
Brynn
constantly amazed

I'm not worried. I don't think he's going after the record.
Old 07-10-2009, 10:49 AM   #3710
treekisser
It isn't easy being green

Who holds the record?
treekisser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 08:31 AM   #3711
Marcus Bales

Location: In a coign of the cliff between lowland and highland, at the sea-down's edge between windward and lee, walled round with rocks as an inland island, the ghost of a garden fronts the sea.
sodalitious - recursive gossip about the activity one is engaged in while one is engaged in that activity.

Brynn and Treekisser, while waiting not all that patiently for Dddrum to judge the Dictionary Game, engaged in a little idle sodalitious.
Old 07-11-2009, 10:52 PM   #3712
dddrum
Amateur Human

You have all been so patient with me, and I am grateful for that. Nothing more uncomfortable than entering a room full of surly Dictionarians. We're back at the homestead, and the in-laws will be flitting back North-by-Northwestward sometime Sunday morning (Hmm.. Sunday Morning Going Back Up. Could be the title of a badly derivative song..) Anyway, I intend to ascend the Judge's bench first thing in the afternoon, and will adjudicate jus' as fast as I can get them bon mots a-poppin'. Till then, have a Happy 12th of July. Be careful with them sparklers now, kids!
Old 07-13-2009, 08:21 AM   #3713
kaskeens

sodalitious-What you have to think the pepsi is after paying 6 bucks for it at Disney world
kaskeens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 05:49 PM   #3714
dddrum
Amateur Human

urse, I tell you... A CURSE, I say!! Now I demand you connect me w... oh, hell, here we are. Hey! Brynn... Marcus... I see you! Please... you gotta help me get the word out. There's an ancient curse on this game, and all who sit in judgement on it. It's called... oh shoot, I'm blanking... oh yeah, it's called "The Dictionary Game Curse." I'm not sure, I mean I'm trying to work out whether there's a connection... but that's not important right now. I must complete the judging of this round, before... ah damnit, I'm blanking again. Lessee, when the moon is in the seventh house, and, um... Jupiter... no, Mercury... is rising, I think

Last edited by dddrum : 07-14-2009 at 06:01 PM.
Old 07-14-2009, 10:29 PM   #3715
Hyakujo's Fox
left hanging

Location: between the click of the light and the start of the dream
sodalitious (adj) in a contentlessly mocking style, favoured by socially "gifted" children and the big personality news pundits they grow into.

Things started to get sodalitious when dddrum (Mouseland, FLA) was told to "Stop yer fudgin' and start yer judgin'!"
Hyakujo's Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 11:19 PM   #3716
Brynn
constantly amazed

I'm in no hurry a'tall. I love this portion of the game, yes I do.
Old 07-16-2009, 04:09 AM   #3717
dddrum
Amateur Human

You're so sweet, Brynn. Okay then,

Brynn Wins!

Ta-ra ta taa da-ra da daa, ta-ra ta taa da-ra da daa, deedle leedle doodle loodle bee de bee de boooo, WOO HOOOOO!

Okay, okay. *sigh* We do it the Ze way™!

Welcome one and all, to the mumblemumdyeth judgement-packed session of The Dictionary Game! I'm your host, Judge DuJour. I apologize for the delay, but after a wild week of fun with rodents and my in-laws, I fell ill in church, and was side-tracked for three more days, one more sad victim of The Dictionary Game Curse. Plus the dog ate my homework.

Hey, I was in church, all right? [CUE ANGELIC CHOIR]

Ooookay, let's get right to it. The word in question is sodalitious. Our good friends at the Phrontistery assure us that it actually means "of or belonging to society or to fellowship," as in: "Sodalitious camaraderie is the basis for our discourse here on the Ze Boards." Now let's see that with which our participants have come up. Um, yeah. Or something.

Marcus Bales kicked things off with a strong visual cue and a connection that I must confess took me an embarrassing number of seconds to process.

sodalitious - a particular type of moustache, also known as sosalvatoric, characterized by a symmetrical pair of thin sine curves, asymptotic to the septum.

Did you see the sodalitious on that guy? He looked like Snidely Whiplash!

For catching me out-to-lunch, and for employing the mellifluous phrase "asymptotic to the septum", I award M. Bales the prestigious Chevron du Gotcha!!

Next up, our very own dilettante, who has been walking steadily westward for years, yet still cannot seem to escape our benign clutches, the meretricious Trisherina, who chimes in with this:

sodalitious: A juvenile crime descriptor indicating the perpetrator was not intoxicated.

Despite completing his first stint at rehab at 14, Joseph was nonetheless sodalitious when he knifed his grandmother to death during an argument about using her car.

What a fine idea... a legal term for being under the non-influence. Or perhaps overit, but that's a discussion for another day, preferably last Tuesday. Trish scores the prized Fizzy Lifting Drink Emblem. Okay, it's iron-on, but hey, it's machine washable!

Now, let's see... whom have we here? Why it's the charming, irrepressible, bon vivant, vichyssoise... where was I? Och! Aye, 'tis Brynn! And just whom has she got centered in the crosshairs of the wily wiles of her sweet feminininity? Huh? WHOM, MAY YOU ARSK? MOOM! THAT'S WHOOM!!! Um, err... that, 'twould seem, would be meem... uh, me.

sodalitious - adj. describes any word that did not previously exist until coined for Dictionary game purposes by a Dictionary Game judge while drinking a soda.

"Hey triple d, did you you enjoy your soda?"
"I sure did, Brynn. It was sodalitious!"
"Sodalitious. Gosharoonie, what a cute word that is. Did you just make that up?"
"Yes, Brynn, I did."
"I love that, triple d. I think you're sodalitious."
"Thank you," he said humbly and simply, moved.

"Aww, GAWRRSH," he continued, scuffing his toe in the dirt and swinging his ankle to and fro. "That one's jus' plain silly, nesty pass?" But I tell ya what... I gotta love that rascally twinkle in your rascally twinkly eyes, and I'm gonna give you this enormous goldish-colored 50 BONUS POINT Coin, which is worth fifty bonus points (in some other game), for coining the word gosharoonie, which this judge finds undeniably adorable.

Alright, alright, alriiiight. Let's have a great big hand... hell, a huge arm(!) for Stephi_B, whose delightfully inscrutable postings often make me wonder if somebody has slipped some powerful pharmaceuticals into my Bosco. Or hers. Her entry is true-to-form:

sodalitious adj

describing s.th. (s.o) which (who) is there (where exactly, depends on the context, of course) - simply there, without any reason, meaning or goal

sodalitious joy grabbed her
starting, somehow
-- nevermind!
in her left little toe.

Good Heavens, Steph, I'm actually with you on this one! I know exactly what you mean. I can't explain it... I just feel it in my toe! So I am led by my euphoric lower digits (yes, yes, brothers and sisters, the joy is s-p-r-e-a-d-i-n-g!) to award you THIS MIND-BLOWING 1-CD COLLECTION, WIGGLE 'EM FOR THE LORD.. PERSONALLY SELECTED BY THE LATE TAMMY FAYE MESSNER! NO, REALLY... SHE'S RIGHT HERE BESIDE ME, BLEACHING HER EYELASHES WITH OXY-CLEAN™!! BUT WAIT... I'M DEAD!!!

Darn, I'm channeling that odd shout-y guy again. He's so annoying. *cough* Let's bring up our next contender. Gimme a Y! Gimme an S! Gimme an A! Gimme a, er, capital P. Gimme a U? Hey, did somebody spill a bowl of alphabet soup? It's YsaPur EsChomuw... and surely I have won something by spelling that correctly! Ah, nemmind; let's look at Ysa's offering.

sodalitious adj. referring to an intimate relationship between male colleagues, in which one of them is overtly effeminate.

- Do you know the two guys, Gawain and Noel, from A4? Guess what! I’ve accidentally come across their sodalitious blog on the Internet. It’s called My Booty-litious Doll. Awesome!
- Mhm, accidentally indeed.

That's sod-all brilliant, Ys. It has that all-important Ring-O-Truth™. Um, rather than give you anything right now, I will instead ask you to stand over here, right under the dramatic lighting effect. Thanks, I'll get back to you.

Next, Treekisser steps up to the bar(k) with this rouser:

sodalitious adj. exhibiting a rare but highly contagious medical condition affecting above average children and having the following symptoms: 1. below normal body temperature, 2. gassiness with frequent burping, 3. bubbly saliva, 4. excessive thirst, 5. frequent and urgent urination, and 6. uncharacteristicly sweet and effervescent temperament. The syndrome was first discovered by Sigmund Pepper in his own children. Dr. Pepper also observed that sodalistic children tended to exhibit an aversion to milk.

The Lake Wobegon Preschool closed for two weeks after three of the younger children became sodalitious after morning snack.

Quite complex, TK. Intriguing, with several nice giggly bits. I'd like to ask you to stand over here with YsaPur. Right, but a bit further downstage, and turn slightly to your left. Great. Hang in there, OK?

xfox. Front and center. Show me your dealio.

sodalitious very tasty.

Barbara's hot dogs and beans were sodalitious and vanished in short order.

*guf-FAWW* Alrighty then, xf. Would you please stand over here near TK and YsaPur, but not right smack next to them? That's good... about two feet further back. Yes, right there on the Big Red Star. Thanks. That's perfect. Now, YsaP, if you'd be so kind as to pull that Big Red Lever right there... then you and treek can wave goodbye to your friend xfox.

.................. *

That was pretty weak, babe. G'bye.

Now then, YsaPur. I see that you have a second entry here. As you must know, this is not permitted. However, I am a fairly liberal judge, and while I may not be a wise Latina, I am aware that rules are living, breathing things, which evolve, and mutate, and get all hard and lumpy unless we redefine them into something that suits our biases, and is more convenient for us all round. Therefore I will not disqualify you for it, but will merely disqualify it for you. Unless the second one is funnier. Which yours was not.
Questions?Okayswellthanks.

Let me see... Marcus. Back up one paragraph. Take out the name YsaPur. Put in the name Marcus. Take it from there.

[continued below]

Last edited by dddrum : 07-16-2009 at 06:18 PM. Reason: puttin it all together, trimming it back to 10,000 ch.
Old 07-16-2009, 05:45 PM   #3718
dddrum
Amateur Human

Next at bat, Coffee:

sodalitious

A poorly conceived legal case. A fraudulent filing of P.I. lawsuit for intentional self injury.
The term originated in the case of D.D.Drum vs. Pepsi Cola Co. Inc. where the plaintive, a well known litigious individual with dozens of spurious personal injury suits on his record, sought to sue the soda pop giant for injuries and loss of important bodily function due to a soda can exploding in his lap. Witnesses at the scene, however, described seeing the plaintif "gleefully shaking the hell out of a microwaved can of soda" while "chuckling avariciously" as he mumbled "sue the piss outa you pop m'fvckers"...ironically one might add...before purposely opening the can in close vicinity of his lap outside a 7-11 store sending shards of aluminum into sensitive bodily tissues. The term was accidentaly coined by a member of the media who misquoted a Pepsi Cola legal team member as having said "Pepsi Cola regrets Mr. Drum's injuries but feels vindicated that the court and jury quickly determined that this case was without merit and thus sodalitious, our victory is sweet".

"We ask that the judge throw out this case on grounds that it has already been found sodalitious in the case of D.D.Drum vs Pepsi Cola Co. Inc" opened the attorneys for 7-11 stores in the case of D.D.Drum vs 7-11 stores in the matter of a personal injury suit claiming inadequate monitoring of the use of a publicly accessible microwave oven.

Okayokayokay. Mr. Coffee, oh mon decaffeinated, nondimaggionated wunderkindercamper (sorry, I've been up all night) ...what I've been wondering is exactly how you expect me to pick your indisputably well-written, snappy, timely, topical and downright amusing entry to be the best of the lot... WITH MY HEAD FULL OF IMAGES OF MY BOUNCYBOYS IMPALED UPON LONG, TWISTED, RAZOR-SHARP RIBBONS OF ALUMINUM (or, for the benefit of my friends in the British Isles, ALUMINIUM)??!?!!???

Besides, those rumors were completely unfOW!OW!OW!OW!OWWWnded!

Stinging from the personal assault, I look to my friends for succor.

("SUCCOR!!!") Oh hey, it's Hyakujo's Fox! Hello, let's have a look...

sodalitious (adj) without due consideration of reputational consequence

Monday 6th July 2009, Mouseland, FLA.

In an effort to counter eyewitness testimony that he had been seen prior to an alleged incident, seated in his vehicle vigorously shaking a soda can in his lap, Mr. D. D. Drum, leapt to his feet and offered an impromptu demonstration to jurors in support of an alternate explanation of his actions that the judge later described as the most sodalitious thing he'd ever seen in a court of law.

I am hurt, Hy, truly hurt that you would entertain such utter fiction. But I tell you what, if you will just send me those pictures, and burn the negatives, I'll bestow you real good with this Genuine Replica nothing-inside-it-honest-injun of a can of Jolt Cola! Go ahead, hold it real close. Share it with Coffee...

Ladies and gentlemen, we are nearly finished here. Ignore that muffled whummp in the background, and behold the entry of the newly reenfolded kaskeens:

sodalitious-What you have to think the pepsi is after paying 6 bucks for it at Disney world

ZOUNDS and GADZOOKS... talk aboutcher Ring-O-Truth™! Folks, as much as I would like to break the rules and give the contest to Brynn for her inspiring multientry,

sodalitious - what it feels like to have the most fun reading a round since the invention of Cheez Whiz on a Ritz.

I am going to have to declare, in the name of Truth, Justice, and Mickey Mouse, that the winner of this chaotic, interrupted, oft-delayed round, and the recipient of the GOLDEN EARS OF GLORY... is

KASKEENS!

Take it away, KASK!

Last edited by dddrum : 07-17-2009 at 03:59 PM. Reason: Wrapping things up, like I said I wuz doon
Old 07-16-2009, 09:27 PM   #3719
Brynn
constantly amazed

I posted the following before ddd edited the post above me, but after I began receiving multiple pm's that I had won:

Notsofast, Gamers and Pm'ers...I do think there's more judging to be done and I really don't think I'm going to jump the gun here, because it's very vague at best, and I know that ddd was just kidding and I don't really want - I mean can't - right now and I've got to go to the store and I really do think he was kidding and um yeah - he's still doing it the ze way like he said, right? Right?
Right ddd?

Last edited by Brynn : 07-17-2009 at 09:40 PM. Reason: Clarity. Hilarity. Posterity.
Old 07-16-2009, 09:39 PM   #3720
Brynn
constantly amazed

My husband used to be an attorney before he got really really sick of it, and always counseled me to read the fine print.

Upon closer inspection of what's up there so far, it does strongly appear to be Marcus who is the winner. Ysa Pur was in a spotlight, so to speak, and then he mentioned Marcus - again - and told him to stand in Ysa Pur's place. And then told us to take it from there.

Congratulations, Marcus!!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: