FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 190 votes, 4.96 average. Display Modes
Old 07-28-2005, 01:49 PM   #481
Hyakujo's Fox
left hanging

Location: between the click of the light and the start of the dream
madasacutsnake receives the "And She'd Do It Too" Award for
Quote:
latrocinate -v. the process of flushing in the toilet the head of some-one who has pissed you off, from 'latrine', 'atrocious' and 'terminate'.
trisherina receives the Trust Your Instincts Award for
Quote:
latrocinate: Describing an action that is perverse or irrational, yet also viscerally understandable.

Gwen heard a sharp peal of thunder, and indulged the latrocinate impulse to turn down Paul McCartney and Wings.
Marcus Bales receives the eponymous Marcus Bales Medal for Outrageous Services to the Field of Etymology for
Quote:
latrocinate - To eat leftovers, from Macroptilium atropurpureum, or atro, a creeping, twining, climbing and viny tropical perennial legume for grazing. Atro can be used by cattle in the warmer months or left as a standover to help fill late autumn/winter feed gaps. [Fr. l', the, with L. atro, + Eng slang usage]
xfox receives the P. T. Barnum Endowment for
Quote:
latrocinate n. to ride two horses at the same time with one foot on the back of each so elevated to dazzling heights for the amazment of an audience, usually who has, or will pay, money, willingly or not.
Marcus Bales also receives the Timothy Leary Memorial Award for Inducing the Bizarrest Mental Image in the Mind of the Judge Award for
Quote:
latrocinate (Archaic) To cry over spilled milk.

Though she had told everyone at the table two or three times, Mary continued to latrocinate about her dead gerbil.
Brynn receives the Surely There is a Word For That Already Award for
Quote:
latrocinate (v)to spontaneously act upon the latent desire to inflict verbal and physical atrocities upon one's siblings (as well as any unfortunate bystanders) in as dramatic fashion as possible, thereby efficiently burning most familial ties in one fell swoop.
daverbee receives the Truth is Probably Far Stranger Than Fiction Award for
Quote:
latrocinate

Often spelled lactrocinate. The process by which many exotic dancers are able to inflate their breasts to excessive proportions.
eg.: "Dinzdale's attempts to latrocinate his girlfriend were met with violent resistance."
Marcus Bales also receives the You're Not Going To Get Far With That Attitude Young Man Award for
Quote:
latrocinate - to promise and promise, but not deliver.

In spite of the eagerness of the audience and participants the judge was latrocinate.
dinzdale receives the Even More Coveted Than First Place Runners-Up Award, in addition to the Don't Think It Couldn't Happen To You Award, for
Quote:
latrocinate v.
to use an unknown person's garden as an emergency restroom. esp for defactation.
See also, dumpgate, Dinzdale and the story of,
but the winner, and there can be only one, goes to funkytuba who recognised immediately that there's gold in toilet humour with
Quote:
latrocinate -- v. the process by which cat litter transforms state from urine and sandy stuff into little smelly little clumps, n. the clumps themselves

We had a Littermaid malfunction which resulted in latrocinate arrayed across the bathroom floor.
Hyakujo's Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 06:31 PM   #482
funkytuba
Spone to Proonerisms

thankoo thankoo... again, Real Life bleeds over into ZeBoard

the next word is:

assanka

So, hop to it! I'll judge only after there are at least 7 entries, so tell your friends
Old 07-28-2005, 09:28 PM   #483
madasacutsnake
no more nice girl

Well hoofarkingray for that. Is eight days some kind of record?
Old 07-29-2005, 02:01 AM   #484
Hyakujo's Fox
left hanging

Quote:
Originally Posted by madasacutsnake
Well hoofarkingray for that. Is eight days some kind of record?
You know what I've become involved in. It's worse than Scientology I tell ya.
Old 07-29-2005, 02:58 AM   #485
madasacutsnake
no more nice girl

Whinger.
Old 07-29-2005, 09:40 AM   #486
Marcus Bales

Location: In a coign of the cliff between lowland and highland, at the sea-down's edge between windward and lee, walled round with rocks as an inland island, the ghost of a garden fronts the sea.
Assanka - a meta-virtual space where online tasks are avoided by chatting with one's fellows.

Fox and Snake, instead of posting definitions, spent some time in Assanka.
Old 07-29-2005, 12:36 PM   #487
xfox
slightly effective

Assanka A new way to listen to Paul Anka's greatest hits while surfing the net.
xfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 03:16 PM   #488
trisherina
meretricious dilettante

Assanka: A type of beach float with a hole located in the midsection.
Old 08-02-2005, 12:12 AM   #489
daverbee
Key Lime Pie rocks!!!

Assanka
Actually two words, Assan Ka.
Assan Ka was the wet nurse for Imhotep when the evil priest reached manhood. Portrayed in hieroglyphics as a sow with a dozen teats, each with its own little Imhotep firmly clamped in place.

Edited for clarification.

Last edited by daverbee : 08-02-2005 at 06:12 PM.
daverbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005, 12:16 AM   #490
Hyakujo's Fox
left hanging

assanka (n) a special snug fitting cushion used by some Buddhist sects as seating during lengthy meditation sessions.
Old 08-02-2005, 08:53 PM   #491
Brynn
constantly amazed

assanka - a slang term and/or code word amongst baristas for especially annoying coffee customers.
Brynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005, 09:52 PM   #492
dinzdale
King of the špatnýs

assanka n.

A little known condition that keeps your wife's lazy arse firmly on the couch during Oprah and The View, and simultaneously prevents the old cow from mowing the lawn or re-roofing the car-port.
Usually develops after the first 6 months of marriage.
dinzdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 06:08 AM   #493
Brynn
constantly amazed

what makes you think I'm "touchy"?

ooooh! Honey-dew!
assanka (n) - the art of guilt-tripping one's spouse.
As in:
Dear, remember how you promised to re-grout the bathroom last month?
The gate in the back yard is getting dangerous - it fell on one of the kids today.
I wish I could park my car in the garage.
That garbage-disposal unit hasn't worked for two years now.
I hate to nag, but do you think maybe you could aim your dirty underwear for the hamper next time?
Have a nice cold drink courtesy of the Ice Cube Tray Fairy who magically fills them as we sleep.
I've started another bag for trash. I'll just put it on top of the can that's overflowing in the kitchen and attracting flies because the garbage disposal is broken.
That's okay - I made dinner, I guess I can just wash up too. Like they say, a good cook always cleans up her own mess!
Wow honey, your poker buddies sure know how to leave a legacy!
Q: How many passive-aggressive housewives with a martyr complex does it take to change a lightbulb?
A: None. I'll just sit in the dark.
Sweetie, after you've watched your nine hours of sports this weekend, do you think maybe you could help Billy with his homework this time? I'm feeling a little heat stroke from all the gardening I did today.
Brynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 03:04 PM   #494
Con ate dog
some guy

Assanka: n. Turkish water bong, decorated with effects that move during inhalation- typically a pinwheel or tiny belly dancer.
Con ate dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 03:19 AM   #495
funkytuba
Spone to Proonerisms

Thanks for the patience and for the lack of impertinent whining "when are you going to judge" posts or pm's. In the past I've received many such when it was admittedly past time to judge from such monkeys whose names I won't mention but their initials are MARCUS BALES.

The real definition:
Assanka-ten to the sixty-third power

So, to wit:

Marcus Bales gets the "Glad He's Not Sniping At Me This Time" award for:
Assanka - a meta-virtual space where online tasks are avoided by chatting with one's fellows.
Fox and Snake, instead of posting definitions, spent some time in Assanka.

xfox puts his head on our shoulder with this doozy:
Assanka A new way to listen to Paul Anka's greatest hits while surfing the net.

trisherina takes us all on vacation with the misleadingly mediocre:
Assanka: A type of beach float with a hole located in the midsection.
And receives the first warning for the too-obvious-word-splitting-pun deduction. The judge smelled something but decided not to employ a full censure.

daverbee receives the "Meritorious Certificate Of Mythological Legerdemain" for this ripe submission:
Assanka
Actually two words, Assan Ka.
Assan Ka was the wet nurse for Imhotep when the evil priest reached manhood. Portrayed in hieroglyphics as a sow with a dozen teats, each with its own little Imhotep firmly clamped in place.

Hyakujo's Fox rolls snake eyes (no relation) with:
assanka (n) a special snug fitting cushion used by some Buddhist sects as seating during lengthy meditation sessions.
...because of the split-word-pun-excessive-obviousity factor

Brynn receives the "Clever Jane Award" for her non-obvious-word-spliting first definition:
assanka - a slang term and/or code word amongst baristas for especially annoying coffee customers.

dinzdale bowls a wicked googly with:
assanka n.
A little known condition that keeps your wife's lazy arse firmly on the couch during Oprah and The View, and simultaneously prevents the old cow from mowing the lawn or re-roofing the car-port.
Usually develops after the first 6 months of marriage.

...but loses points from the American judge and on the difficulty multiplier because of the too=obvious-split-word-pun factor.

Brynn's second definition got a little into Mrs Funky's head with:
assanka (n) - the art of guilt-tripping one's spouse.
As in:
Dear, remember how you promised to re-grout the bathroom last month?
The gate in the back yard is getting dangerous - it fell on one of the kids today.
I wish I could park my car in the garage.
That garbage-disposal unit hasn't worked for two years now.
I hate to nag, but do you think maybe you could aim your dirty underwear for the hamper next time?
Have a nice cold drink courtesy of the Ice Cube Tray Fairy who magically fills them as we sleep.
I've started another bag for trash. I'll just put it on top of the can that's overflowing in the kitchen and attracting flies because the garbage disposal is broken.
That's okay - I made dinner, I guess I can just wash up too. Like they say, a good cook always cleans up her own mess!
Wow honey, your poker buddies sure know how to leave a legacy!
Q: How many passive-aggressive housewives with a martyr complex does it take to change a lightbulb?
A: None. I'll just sit in the dark.
Sweetie, after you've watched your nine hours of sports this weekend, do you think maybe you could help Billy with his homework this time? I'm feeling a little heat stroke from all the gardening I did today.

... and wins the "Most Applicable To The Judges Daily Life" award and would have taken the grand prize if the definition had included a reference to "farting around on ZeBoard". Instead she takes the somewhat more prestigious "First Runner Up Award"

Con ate dog receives the "I Heard It On The NPR Show 'Says You'" award for:
Assanka: n. Turkish water bong, decorated with effects that move during inhalation- typically a pinwheel or tiny belly dancer.
...because of some obvious similarities to a fake definition I heard today. Con also takes first place! and now gets to pick out a new word.

Take it away, Con ate dog!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: