ZEFRANK.COM - message board  

Go Back   ZEFRANK.COM - message board > FAST CHAT
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-07-2008, 11:48 PM   #16
Klynne
monkey
 
Klynne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Posts: 4,543
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brynn View Post
Klynne, I hope it was clear I was addressing Michaelturdropper, not you.

Yes it was clear, and thank you
Klynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 03:23 AM   #17
Jack Flanders
landscaping is fun
 
Jack Flanders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: up river and down river
Posts: 4,815
Bless you for your loyalty to your friends and beliefs. You are so special. Stay strong!!!
Jack Flanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 04:19 PM   #18
michaelG
monkey
 
michaelG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klynne View Post
We celebrated that a man was convicted of murdering his wife when she was trying to leave him.

He knocked her out, fracturing her skull, strangled her with a belt, and dumped her nude body along the freeway. Their 18 month old son was present the whole time.

Prior to him murdering her, he beat the crap out of her. She suffered insomnia, but could not take her sleeping pills because she would wake up in the morning with semen and vomit on her chest.

She could not talk to her parents on her home phone. He monitored her every move. She could only talk to her parents from her work phone. When she left the house she had to call and report her every move. I think she, truly loved her husband, and wanted to work it out for the sake of their child. She called her mother two days before she was murdered and told her to "get my room ready, I'm coming home". She was 23 when he killed her.

He beat his first wife and held her captive for two days. When he discovered that she had escaped, he went to the bank, cleaned out the accounts and filed for divorce.

I have not even touched the tip of the ice berg here.

I apolgize if anyone is offended that after the verdict we were happy. But we were and an evil person has been taken off the streets never to hurt another woman again.
Seems her family should be charged for failure to save her life, clearly there was sufficient warning of an impending disaster. The only one I truly feel sorry for is her child.

Last edited by michaelG : 11-08-2008 at 04:22 PM.
michaelG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 04:50 PM   #19
MoJoRiSin
unbelievable
 
MoJoRiSin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 5,664
I have another take on it
ask any policeman
how many of his middle of the night calls
do not involve
drugs or alcohol
close knit tribes celebrate together
they do not get drunk in front of the tube with the baby crying in the other room
__________________
From stone tablets to html code, it's not lost on me.
MoJoRiSin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 05:11 PM   #20
Avalon
Moderator
 
Avalon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: A much better place
Posts: 5,931
Seems her family should be charged for failure to save her life, clearly there was sufficient warning of an impending disaster. The only one I truly feel sorry for is her child.

Obviously you are unaware of the women and children hunted down relentlessly, who have gone from shelter to shelter, hidden by family, only to be found and murdered anyway...sometimes the family or shelter personnel being targeted as well for providing safe haven.

Should Jennifer Hudson be prosecuted for her family's death? The lived in a rough neighborhood; she asked them to move, they refused, they died. This is her fault? What thought process do you use when you make these statements?

This is especially delicate territory into which you're stepping. Or, it would be if anyone one believed you were black, respectful, or sorry.
__________________
I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it.
Groucho Marx
Avalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 09:44 PM   #21
Klynne
monkey
 
Klynne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Posts: 4,543
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelG View Post
Seems her family should be charged for failure to save her life, clearly there was sufficient warning of an impending disaster. The only one I truly feel sorry for is her child.
Perhaps you do not understand abused women. They tend to hide their abuse from their families. They had some idea, but did not know the extent. She did not tell them everything, nor was allowed much contact with them. She loved Tim, tried to make him change but it did not work. Believe me, they did not know the extent of his cruelty. They were concerned about his controlling behaivor. What were they suppose to do? Julia was a legal adult. So, I find your statement to be a little unfair.
Klynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 10:37 PM   #22
michaelG
monkey
 
michaelG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klynne View Post
Perhaps you do not understand abused women. They tend to hide their abuse from their families. They had some idea, but did not know the extent. She did not tell them everything, nor was allowed much contact with them. She loved Tim, tried to make him change but it did not work. Believe me, they did not know the extent of his cruelty. They were concerned about his controlling behaivor. What were they suppose to do? Julia was a legal adult. So, I find your statement to be a little unfair.
It would seem, given the level of control he exerted and her call to ask that they prepare a room for her, everyone was aware there was nothing less than a serious threat to her well being. Her life was simply wasted, and she could have been helped if anyone had taken the time to know the man's history and been aware of the warning signs of extreme domestic abuse.

That's all I am saying. I really feel sorry for the child, as he will never understand why someone did not save his mother despite her self-deceptive hope that her man would change.


Perhaps the celebration helped them rid themselves of the guilt the family can not help but be dealing with.
michaelG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 10:48 PM   #23
Brynn
constantly amazed
 
Brynn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: in the labyrinth of shared happiness
Posts: 6,206
You must be a lot of fun at funerals.
__________________
1. While sitting at your desk, lift your right foot off the floor and make clockwise circles.
2. Now, while doing this, draw the number "6" in the air with your right hand.
3. Your foot will change direction.
Brynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 10:52 PM   #24
Klynne
monkey
 
Klynne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Posts: 4,543
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelG View Post
It would seem, given the level of control he exerted and her call to ask that they prepare a room for her, everyone was aware there was nothing less than a serious threat to her well being. Her life was simply wasted, and she could have been helped if anyone had taken the time to know the man's history and been aware of the warning signs of extreme domestic abuse.

That's all I am saying. I really feel sorry for the child, as he will never understand why someone did not save his mother despite her self-deceptive hope that her man would change.


Perhaps the celebration helped them rid themselves of the guilt the family can not help but be dealing with.

I hear you. But, I ask you, what would you do if you were in their situation? You have an adult child, and you have some sense of what is happening but not the complete picture. Would you talk to her? They did. Would you hold her against her will, to keep her away from this man? I am sure they wanted to, but that is kidnapping. Can you even imagine how powerless they felt?

Really, what would you have done under these circumstances?

I am not asking you this to be argumentative, but really, what would you have done?

Last edited by Klynne : 11-08-2008 at 11:00 PM.
Klynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 11:03 PM   #25
Klynne
monkey
 
Klynne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Posts: 4,543
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Flanders View Post
Bless you for your loyalty to your friends and beliefs. You are so special. Stay strong!!!
Thanks Jack! Lurves you. My friend is flying to Texas Wed. to bring her grandson back home.
Klynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 11:10 PM   #26
michaelG
monkey
 
michaelG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klynne View Post
I hear you. But, I ask you, what would you do if you were in their situation? You have an adult child, and you have some sense of what is happening but not the complete picture. Would you talk to her? They did. Would you hold her against her will, to keep her away from this man? I am sure they wanted to, but that is kidnapping. Can you even imagine how powerless they felt?

Really, what would you have done under these circumstances?

I am not asking you this to be argumentative, but really, what would you have done?
If I had a daughter I would think I would know her well and would do anything possible to help her if I sensed she was being harmed.


Obviously these people did not know this was going to happen as any parent would surrender their lives for their child's. I surely would not fear a psychotic abuser and would probably have killed him in order to protect my daughter. At minimum I would speak to the husband in order to get a better grasp of the situation.
michaelG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 11:38 PM   #27
Brynn
constantly amazed
 
Brynn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: in the labyrinth of shared happiness
Posts: 6,206
No daughter, but...
Be careful. Life has a nasty way of handing a person exactly the experiences they lack. I wouldn't wish that particular experience on anybody.
Be glad you're not a real expert.
__________________
1. While sitting at your desk, lift your right foot off the floor and make clockwise circles.
2. Now, while doing this, draw the number "6" in the air with your right hand.
3. Your foot will change direction.
Brynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 12:07 AM   #28
Brynn
constantly amazed
 
Brynn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: in the labyrinth of shared happiness
Posts: 6,206
Or even really who you pretend to be.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Klynne:

“Lulz” is how trolls keep score. A corruption of “LOL” or “laugh out loud,” “lulz” means the joy of disrupting another’s emotional equilibrium. “Lulz is watching someone lose their mind at their computer 2,000 miles away while you chat with friends and laugh,” said one ex-troll, who refused to disclose his legal identity.

Another troll explained the lulz as a quasi-thermodynamic exchange between the sensitive and the cruel: “You look for someone who is full of it, a real blowhard. Then you exploit their insecurities to get an insane amount of drama, laughs and lulz. Rules would be simple: 1. Do whatever it takes to get lulz. 2. Make sure the lulz is widely distributed. This will allow for more lulz to be made. 3. The game is never over until all the lulz have been had.”
__________________
1. While sitting at your desk, lift your right foot off the floor and make clockwise circles.
2. Now, while doing this, draw the number "6" in the air with your right hand.
3. Your foot will change direction.
Brynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 12:06 AM   #29
Klynne
monkey
 
Klynne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Posts: 4,543
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brynn View Post
Or even really who you pretend to be.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Klynne:

“Lulz” is how trolls keep score. A corruption of “LOL” or “laugh out loud,” “lulz” means the joy of disrupting another’s emotional equilibrium. “Lulz is watching someone lose their mind at their computer 2,000 miles away while you chat with friends and laugh,” said one ex-troll, who refused to disclose his legal identity.

Another troll explained the lulz as a quasi-thermodynamic exchange between the sensitive and the cruel: “You look for someone who is full of it, a real blowhard. Then you exploit their insecurities to get an insane amount of drama, laughs and lulz. Rules would be simple: 1. Do whatever it takes to get lulz. 2. Make sure the lulz is widely distributed. This will allow for more lulz to be made. 3. The game is never over until all the lulz have been had.”
Thanks Brynn,

I was warned in a private message about this troll last night. I will no longer respond to this idiot. I just haven't been on this board as regularlly as I once was. I did not realize that our close community has been invaded by a few a-holes. I will have to be more careful who I respond to. Sad really. I guess I was had.
Klynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 12:09 PM   #30
michaelG
monkey
 
michaelG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 169
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klynne View Post
Thanks Brynn,

I was warned in a private message about this troll last night. I will no longer respond to this idiot. I just haven't been on this board as regularlly as I once was. I did not realize that our close community has been invaded by a few a-holes. I will have to be more careful who I respond to. Sad really. I guess I was had.

call me what you want you are all racists. .But I have an IQ of 180, I married into money, I do not have to work, I have a very lucrative freelance Intellectual Property consultancy, and my daughter was not killed by a white trash abuser.

When you as consistently correct as I am, you lose your ability to waste time with niceties.

I do not hold grudges against you little people however.

Last edited by michaelG : 11-10-2008 at 12:13 PM.
michaelG is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -3. The time now is 05:25 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.