ZEFRANK.COM - message board  

Go Back   ZEFRANK.COM - message board > FICTION PROJECT
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 02-06-2004, 03:44 PM   #16
dalang
distant

you aren't the only one, catbelly

pssst. rob, I read what you wrote before you deleted it. thanks for saying what I couldn't say.

Last edited by dalang : 02-06-2004 at 03:48 PM.
dalang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2004, 06:25 PM   #17
rapscalious rob

When I came back and found that moel had deleted all his posts, leaving mine
sticking out like a sore thumb, I deleted it.
I figured I probably pissed him off.
I wasn’t very fond of what I had posted myself.
Old 02-06-2004, 07:25 PM   #18
dalang
distant

In any case, it was well-written temper tantrum.

I'm leaving mine where it is, if only to add to my singular protest to the rampent deleting of previous posts by other members (and not just by moel). The post looks very silly now, being willing to open myself up like that, with nothing to support it.

But that silliness is not of my own doing.
dalang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 12:16 AM   #19
moel

she comes to my room when i go there to escape. she finds me reading, and tells me it’s not good to read in the dark.
i tell her i didn’t notice it had gotten dark.

we shrug it off and no one says anything for a few minutes.

when i see the moon it is minuscule. it may be extreme to compare the elevators to the moon, even in such a situation, but i’ve never been within meters of the moon, and i’ve never touched its surface.
moel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2004, 07:30 PM   #20
rapscalious rob

I turn on the music and put on my headset. I feel her watching me, but when I turn around, she is gone. According to this article, some old people should eat cheese. The prospect of the revelation of unhealthy side effects of nitrites might crash the pig belly market.

On the shelf, there’s a dream notebook. A gift to my brother, before I was old enough to understand. He never wrote in it. Maybe because it is so nice-looking that it made him reluctant to fill it with his ordinary dreams. Right next to it is my notebook. I pull it out and begin to doodle little S-shaped spirals and squares and elongated faces.

How much longer can it hold?
Old 04-06-2004, 08:23 PM   #21
moel

if i remove the centre stone, will the light shine through?

“if i would like it so much, then tell me why not? if i'd like it then so must they. its obvious, don’t you see, can’t you see simply for ages every person, just like me and you. would i really hold myself to be so different? i assure you my head is clear enough to recognize that sneaky flaw. concentrate, i'm saying this now not for your good, but for ours! i am no special case, but ordinary just like you! forming my own misunderstood self, absurd, by nature and that is all there is to it! you and i, we form an ocean. i’m convinced of it! you people that feel alone in your suffering, that is your torture! your very torture! don’t you see, don’t you see you are not alone! you impossible romantics, you are not alone! yes you are so good at rubbing yourselves in it, all the while, blinded. but if only you would open your eyes and see! instead you’ve laid out your sentence and locked yourself away for good. all the while you could be living, honest to goodness living! well, you are wrong, and you are wrong about me, it was never my intention to hold myself above anyone by way of their pity, and to have wished upon myself sorrow and projected anguish! bah! pish-posh! i’ve no idea what it means to be finished, i can tell you that, but the emptiness eludes me, and i hunt for it under the imagined sky. we travel off inquisitively to mars, yet we are still baffled by the vastness of our own oceans!”

in the spring, sit in the rocks. sit in the rocks and watch the water. then remember you might do something in your life, maybe. but surely, someday you will die. surely a minute will pass. and surely your loved ones, friends and family may grieve and cry out in sorrow. then another minute will pass, then an hour, and another. days. years.

but anyway, you might do something. "you can’t possibly begin to describe perception; there is always some degree of misunderstanding. why should you try to express yourself? but i say... do as you like."

"who are you talking to?"
Old 04-06-2004, 08:34 PM   #22
moel

looked upon from a great distance they seemed to be far larger then they actually were, and when you stood next to them looking up, they seemed moderate in size, almost disappointingly so.

this phenomenon is obviously created by the location in which the towers are jetted out into the bay, leaving and supplying no context or frame of reference suitable to judge its extent.

but i like to think its something different.
Old 04-06-2004, 09:03 PM   #23
moel

on april 4th, at precisely six thirty-five in the morning, abel amalric limps down a crude stone path to a cold and unmarked gray steal door, and pulls a key from his pocket. his shop is far from the main road, and the landsscape surprisingly elegant, despite the proximity of the highway and condemning factories. teh short grass and evergreen trees look thoroughly stunning under the half-risen morning sun and all seem somehow to point toward the modest and empty gravel road leading to the highway. abel squints his eyes toward the sun, which turns his feral gray hair an outstanding silver, and he gives his view an unconscious half-smile. relieved the winter had passed, this fresh scene pleases him. strikes him as quite picturesque and as though he had never seen such simple beauty in such an unexpected place. prehaps he had not. he paused an instant, unlocked the door leading to his shop, and forgot the moment forever.

he' d only first heard of the small woodshop the preceding day. when his aunt suddenly and unexpectedly phoned him at home and interrupted his daily indolence to inform him of the job opening.
“you’d just be sweeping up saw dust and things like that, they just need someone to keep the place clean.” she’d told him. “maybe they’ll get you actually building something, some small furniture.”.

he hadn’t the slightest interest in working with wood
Old 04-06-2004, 11:04 PM   #24
rapscalious rob

He had squinted and furrowed his eyebrows and he tried to distinquish each from the other. It was hard, and his face remained set in this expression for many minutes, possibly even hours. “Is it possible it could ever be forgotten? Will anyone ever remember anything, in the end?” Time stretched out like a velvet black desert. The room remained silent.

The mask was completed. The patterns swirled around each other, bold colors dancing together gracefully. Tiny grooves caused the color to shift with different orientations of the mask. In one spot, you could almost see both colors blended together.

The men in the white coats or leather jackets have said that the perception of time must be an illusion. People with calculators and computers who dream of numbers can find no place for time in their equations. It doesn’t logically fit. Maybe it’s a function of entropy or quantum blurriness. “Maybe the now is just a quantum lense into the landscape of time and you can only see one piece at once.”

“Maybe you could tell me what’s for dinner?”

Spaghetti, as usual. Al Dente.
Old 04-06-2004, 11:27 PM   #25
moel

the grand old opera blasting from the nashville network. we’d wander in and out of the house. i remember the sky, past the tall poplar trees, while i listened to the talking, and the stories. grandpa on his feet, mostly in the kitchen, tapping a knife on the counter singing parts of goofy songs, anticipating the toasters pop.
Old 04-09-2004, 02:13 PM   #26
moel

the story of the fallen oak and how it became the most beloved three-quarter by three-and-a-half by thirty-one-and-a-sixteenth inch piece of wood.

is long and tiresome.
Old 04-09-2004, 05:50 PM   #27
moel

Last edited by moel : 04-09-2004 at 11:46 PM.
Old 04-09-2004, 06:01 PM   #28
moel

Last edited by moel : 04-10-2004 at 07:38 PM.
Old 04-09-2004, 07:00 PM   #29
rapscalious rob

A newborn whale
is smooth and sleek,
its contour flowing and simple, unbroken,
large but dwarfed
by its brobdignagian parents.

Beside its mammoth guardian, it swims
through the vast underdark of the ocean,
through great metropolises of coral and seaweed,
great shimmering constellations of life.

Then they take root.
They impede the flow. The whale grows.
huge and magnificant beneath the mirrored surface of the waves,
tremendous and powerful as it breaks the surface to the shock of air and sun
with barnacles poking out of its skin like teeth.
Old 05-30-2004, 06:50 PM   #30
moel

Last edited by moel : 05-30-2004 at 06:55 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: