ZEFRANK.COM - message board  

Go Back   ZEFRANK.COM - message board > FAST CHAT
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 06-25-2003, 01:16 AM   #106
masterofNone
________

in the end i guess my arms too short to box with god... i apologize to the board for what? for defending my feelings and the feelings of my friends in a way that made the board uncomfortable. but comfort sometimes is an over-rated bit of fluff when it is bought at the silence of bright and funny contributors. at least that's my justification. it sounds small even to me when compared to the anger spilled in these posts. and that is what i apologize for.
masterofNone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2003, 01:42 AM   #107
zenbabe
Lollypop!

ATTICA, ATTICA , ATTICA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-Dr. Seuss
zenbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2003, 05:28 AM   #108
Zyle
No Longer In Hiding

Quote:
Originally posted by moN
the biggest drag is it's made the board a bore
Quote:
Originally posted by priceyfatprude

Wah wah. Go post somewhere else then. Or pardon us for not dancing like monkeys to entertain your ass.
I wasn't even gong to reply until i read this. I don't know exactly what's going on here and I don't want to get involved in this fight.

But this board was always different to all the other flame pits on the internet. Everyone was interesting and kind and welcoming, everybody who came was accepted for who they were and there was no bitching or flaming. It was fun, it was a place so different to any place I'd ever come before, and I really loved it. Now I don't even want to bother checking it.

Thanks everybody, it was great while it lasted.

Bye.
Old 06-25-2003, 06:09 AM   #109
Frieda
in limbo

could you guys please stop throwing fast balls? please?

oh yeah
Frieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2003, 10:27 AM   #110
priceyfatprude
girthy pickles

Unhappy

Zyle: That was posted in anger last night over not having my questions answered, and for that I apologize. I will instead re-direct to my earlier post, which is what I should've done to begin with:
Quote:
the biggest drag is it's made the board a bore.
& then
Quote:
This board is for everyone, and you can only get out of it what you put into it.
I'm sorry I helped ruin your thread, chuckie. And I'm sorry people have left over this.
priceyfatprude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2003, 01:05 PM   #111
Zyle
No Longer In Hiding

I don't care where it came from, nor did I comment on that, nor do I want to. That wasn't my point. My point was precisely that it isn't all fun here any more, and I didn't mean just since this thread.

There were always debates and differences of opinion but they were interesting and insightful ideas being thrown around in a group of smart and really wonderful people; never full out flaming and bitching like this. I know that in any group there are arguments and people don't always get along but I always felt it was different here. Now I can't come here feeling that way any more. It's not what I thought it was. That was all I was saying. Not apportioning blame in any way, nor looking for a fight or a rant.

Basically, all I wanted to say was, I am sad that it has all changed. Whether or not I'll stick around I don't know yet. I want to, I get a lot from everybody here. But now, I just can't see this place in the way I used to.
Old 06-25-2003, 01:10 PM   #112
masterofNone
________

sorry, zyle... that's exactly what i'm sorry about, those feelings. like i said, i'm done.
Old 06-25-2003, 01:12 PM   #113
agentsmith
rap geisha

warning-im gonna rant here

that aside...

i havent been following this thread untill now. most of you know me as the strangest and most offensive person on this board. or maybe i flatter myself. but anyway, im surprised at this to say the least. you guys were always so...i dont know...different than most because i could really be an asshole and it wouldnt faze you. but i never got personal personal. well, rarely. anywhoo...i didnt realize what a big impact weve all made to the point where everyone's all offended and mad and never coming back and stuff. ive met some cool people here and i hope someone will just delete this thread and we can all be zemonkeys on crack again.

p.s. dont bother replying with something scathing because im never going to darken this thread's door again.
Old 06-25-2003, 01:15 PM   #114
masterofNone
________

this is the bizarro thread... where the agent smith is meek, lala speaks out, peg is attacked, moN drones on for days... now if we could just get dinzdale to act gentlemanly we'd have it all!
Old 06-25-2003, 01:18 PM   #115
agentsmith
rap geisha

i know i said i wouldnt be back...but this is the absolute fvcking limit.
im never going to try being nice again.
MEEK??
MEEK????
MEEK???
this is such a fvck all of a day. im sorry i said anything. i can see why nc is mad. where do you all get off?
Old 06-25-2003, 01:22 PM   #116
agentsmith
rap geisha

oh yeah and by the way i wasnt gonna take sides and im still not but you gotta admit that you both were motherfvcking asses.
Old 06-25-2003, 03:33 PM   #117
zenbabe
Lollypop!

Rules for Flame Wars
by Joel GAzis-SAx

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's something that I wrote a few years ago, a bit of "anti-advice" that you might find helpful. It was recently reprinted and credited to me in Jaida N'Ha Sandra's The Joy of Conversation: The Complete Guide to Salons, p. 224. I confess it is derived from observing both others and myself at their worst. It is as true now as it was when I wrote it five years ago.

Rules for Flame Wars
These rules are issued in the spirit of clearing up some preconceptions about the waging of flame wars. Flame wars do not require profanity, as commonly misbelieved. The following list demonstrates ways to undertake "clean" flame wars:

Accuse the other party of your worst faults.
Insist that you are an avatar of the Truth and that the other person is Falsehood incarnate, or at least "misled."
Dwell on errors. Correct them in others at every opportunity.
Never apologize unequivocably. If forced to apologize, justify yourself in a way that makes it sound like the other party was responsible for your actions.
Write in such a way that the other party looks stupid if they don't respond.
Try to be many things at once, so that you can deny everything that is said about you.
Say the same thing over and over again.
Always strive to get the last word.
Never let a debate rest. Never allow the other party to withdraw without making it clear that they have lost.
Insist that you are misunderstood.
If you can't find something to flame the person about, make something up. Convince yourself that you see the "real" motives.
Remember: Winning is everything.

Rule for Those Who Do Not Want to Get into Flame Wars:
Ignore them.

-Dr. Seuss
Old 06-25-2003, 03:52 PM   #118
Zyle
No Longer In Hiding

I just want to clarify what i said in the last post as some people took it the wrong way... or better said, I said it the wrong way.
When I said "I don't care where it came from" I didn't mean that I literally don't care. Bad choice of words. I meant I didn't want to comment on that, for much the same reasons as Beale said in another thread - I don't know what went on in private and it's not my place to comment on it.
Anyways, the rest still stands. I'm gutted.
Old 06-25-2003, 05:08 PM   #119
zenbabe
Lollypop!

-Dr. Seuss
Old 06-25-2003, 05:24 PM   #120
dinzdale
King of the špatnýs

Spank that monkey ass !!
dinzdale is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: