ZEFRANK.COM - message board  

Go Back   ZEFRANK.COM - message board > FAST CHAT
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-21-2004, 05:12 PM   #1
lapietra
half baked

Talking Things we must know... a question thread

1) How many pairs of black shoes do you own?

2) In your office or cubicle, do you face the door, the wall, or some other place? How do you feel about that?

3) Describe your "happy" place, the place you go when you're stressed and you can't go anywhere so you close your eyes...

4) What's the last thing you did to treat yourself?

5) Do you have a song stuck in your head? Post some lyrics...

6) If you could change only one thing about the place you live in, what would it be?

7) You're organizing a Zemonkey field trip. Where are we going, and will there be snacks?

8) What do you usually say when someone sneezes?

9) (repeat question - but there are lots of newbies...) You've been very very bad, got caught, put in jail, and now you're down to your last meal. What do you ask for?

10) You're having a conversation with someone who keeps interrupting you. How do you handle it?

11) Bonus question: Whatcha wearin'?

Last edited by lapietra : 04-21-2004 at 06:40 PM.
lapietra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 05:23 PM   #2
daverbee
Key Lime Pie rocks!!!

One, old hiking boots I now use for yard work.

2) In your office or cubicle, do you face the door, the wall, or some other place? How do you feel about that?
Don't work in a cubicle.

3) Describe your "happy" place, the place you go when you're stressed and you can't go anywhere so you close your eyes...
Mouse Creek Falls in Great Smoky Mountains national Park. I've been up that trail so many times I can do it in my sleep. The hike is beautiful, Big Creek roars alongside, and the waterfall is totally perfect!

Bought a pocket knife and a tee shirt at Mast General Store in Waynesville, NC.

No lyrics. It's a tune by John Fahey called Desperate Man Blues. I have the same guitar riff from that one going on in me overandoverandoverandoverand...

6) If you could change only one thing about the place you live in, what would it be?
More flowers!

7) You're organizing a Zemonkey field trip. Where are we going, and will there be snacks?
Anywhere we want to and yes.

Bless you!

9) (repeat question - but there are lots of newbies...) You've been very very bad, got caught, put in jail, and now you're down to your last meal. What do you ask for?
Granny's Chicken Palace fried chicken, red beans and rice, made from scratch mac and cheese, a good Cabernet, and Pisgah Inn key lime pie.

10) You're having a conversation with someone who keeps interrupting you. How do you handle it?
Stop talking.

Work uniform. Makes me feel like I'm in a circa 1950's Industrial Safety Movie about electrical shock or something.
daverbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 05:28 PM   #3
Frieda
in limbo

uhh.. 12 i think.. but that's without the black boots with the very thin white stripes and the black shoes with red stripes.

i have the window on my left, the hallway to the double doors on my right, two colleagues behind me and 3 in front of me.

i'm a bit worried about the new colleague and if he will talk to the bossman about me playing popcap games the whole day.

umm.. that's classified

bought a digicam

The Doors - The Ghost Song

Awake.
Shake dreams from your hair
My pretty child, my sweet one.
Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
The day’s divinity
First thing you see.

A vast radiant beach in a cool jeweled moon
Couples naked race down by it’s quiet side
And we laugh like soft, mad children
Smug in the wooly cotton brains of infancy
The music and voices are all around us.

Choose they croon the ancient ones
The time has come again
Choose now, they croon
Beneath the moon
Beside an ancient lake

Enter again the sweet forest
Enter the hot dream
Come with us
Everything is broken up and dances.

you mean the house? i'd remove my parents from it into a nice place, or myself of course

to the chinese karaoke restaurant in amsterdam. yeah, it's a restaurant!

gezondheid

cheeseburgers

bad, i'll wear my angry look. if that doesn't work, i'll start interrupting the other person and if that doesn't work there's always the option of laughing maniacally and walk away

black shoes with red stripes, black socks, brown/beige ribcord cargo pants, black underwear, black t-shirt with the words "ping pong" printed on it, white sweater thing with fresh chinese food stains

what do i win?

oh yeah
Frieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 05:30 PM   #4
lvlycwgirl
I have nothing to declare

Re: Things we must know... a question thread

1) How many pairs of black shoes do you own? 5

2) In your office or cubicle, do you face the door, the wall, or some other place? How do you feel about that? Not in a cuby

3) Describe your "happy" place, the place you go when you're stressed and you can't go anywhere so you close your eyes...Texas Hill Country (so quiet you can hear the birds fly)

4) What's the last thing you did to treat yourself?got a pedicure

"you give love a bad name..." bon jovi of course

6) If you could change only one thing about the place you live in, what would it be?cleaner - no bill board signs

7) You're organizing a Zemonkey field trip. Where are we going, and will there be snacks? not sure where, but lots of snacks for sure!

8) What do you usually say when someone sneezes? "God Bless You"

9) (repeat question - but there are lots of newbies...) You've been very very bad, got caught, put in jail, and now you're down to your last meal. What do you ask for? Grandma's fried eggs, burnt bacon, white texas toast, homemade fried potatoes, big fluffy pancakes compliments of grandpa

10) You're having a conversation with someone who keeps interrupting you. How do you handle it? "Are you going to let me finish?"

11) Bonus question: Whatcha wearin'? tan slacks, blue shirt, tennis shoes
Old 04-21-2004, 05:31 PM   #5
lapietra
half baked

Quote:
Originally posted by Frieda

what do i win?
Kissies!!!
Old 04-21-2004, 05:32 PM   #6
dinzdale
King of the špatnýs

Two

2) In your office or cubicle,......?
Open plan - it sucks the life from your bones....

3) Describe your "happy" place,...
The Jiggly Room

I cannot remember it's been so long

5) Do you have a song stuck in your head?...
The sky is crying....can you see the tears roll down the street...(SRV)

A parking place

7) You're organizing a Zemonkey field trip.....?
...a long rambling road trip to each monkey's home on and double decker bus. Smoking allowed on top.

"Shut the fvck up!!" - (Now my co-workers say this back to me if I sneeze)

9) You've been very very bad, got caught, put in jail, and now you're down to your last meal. What do you ask for?
A bottle of very expensive wine to sit and ponder life / death over.

10) You're having a conversation with someone who keeps interrupting you....?
Interrrupt them back with totally meaningless shit, and when they look pzzled explain you thought it was a word game they were playing...

11) Whatcha wearin'?
Dark blue ones
dinzdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 05:53 PM   #7
Aphrodite
Myth Demeanour

3: heels, sandals, and dressy flats that tie.

2) In your office or cubicle, do you face the door, the wall, or some other place? My office was a one bedroom house. I face anything I want.
How do you feel about that? Fantastic!!!

water....river, falls, lake, I have it all nearby.

4) What's the last thing you did to treat yourself? Meditation

Gordon Lightfoot....
Carefree highway, let me slip away on you
Carefree highway, you seen better days
The morning after blues from my head down to my shoes
Carefree highway, let me slip away, slip away on you

6) If you could change only one thing about the place you live in, what would it be? Architecture

Spa in the Rocky Mountains.
Hell ya to snacks.

8) What do you usually say when someone sneezes? Wow! Want a tissue?

caseus mordicativus
Chip truck Fries
BBQ Steak
Hot fudge sundae with Turtles Iced Cream

I say: "Excuse me. You keep interrupting."
If they do it again after that. You just need to haughtily hold up a finger in the 'Wait' gesture. Then you laugh heartily at the expression on their face. All is well and the point is taken.

Flannel checked pants, a T-shirt that shows the 'Nurses tools of the trade', white socks and slippers. Yep I am one hot babe today.
Old 04-21-2004, 06:10 PM   #8
lapietra
half baked

*far* too many... I'm embarrassed to say. Possibly even more than Frieda...

I face the corner of a cube with my back to the opening. I really dislike this position - hate people coming up behind.

Lying on the beach, blue sky, puffy clouds, toes in the sand, sound of waves and a quiet radio, scent of sea and Bain de Soleil...

Had dessert for dinner (brown sugar apple cake heated with vanilla ice cream...)

for some reason:

She makes me think of lightnin' in skies
(Her name) She's sexy!!
How else is god s'possed to write
(Her name) She's sexy!!
Move, she wants to move
But you're hoggin her, you're guarding her
She wants to move (she wants to move)
But you're hogging her, you're guarding her (damn!)

Mister! Look at your girl, she loves it!
(Look at her) I can see it in her eyes
She (come here babe) hopes this'll last forever, Hey!!

Her off beat dance makes me fantasize
(Her curves) She's sexy!!
Her ass is a spaceship I want to ride {*sound effect*}
(Her ass) She's sexy!!
Move, she wants to move
But you're hogging her, you're guarding her
But you're hogging her, you're guarding her (beat it!!)

Mister! Look at your girl, she loves it!
(I know you love it girl) I can see it in her eyes
She - hopes this'll last forever (hey) Hey!!

Ehh, this is your part girl
Uh, this is your part girl!!
(Move, she wants to move) c'mon!
OWW! (Move, she wants to move) ehh
Man (and move, she wants to move)
(Move, she wants to move)
But you're hogging her, you're guarding her
BEAT IT!!

Mister! Look at your girl (damn) she loves it! (Shake it up)
(She loves) I can see it in her eyes
She - hopes this'll last forever, Hey!! c'mon
Mister! Look at your girl (look at your girl) she loves it!
(She wants it) I can see it in her eyes
She - hopes this'll last forever, Hey!!

Somebody get us some water in here!
Cause it's HOT!

N.E.R.D. "She Wants to Move"

Gah. Only one thing. I guess I'd either get a dishwasher, or I'd want it to be two stories so I can have my bedroom upstairs and not on the bottom floor with a staircase going by it...

Cheesecake Factory, Marina del Rey... we're gonna have cocktails, then order one of everything off the menu!!! Then we'll go for a walk on the beach

8) What do you usually say when someone sneezes? "bless you!"

Grilled salmon, orecchiete and fresh tomato in an alfredo sauce, steamed broccoli rabe tossed with a balsamic-cream reduction, fresh ripe strawberries. A really good Amarone della Valpolicella with the meal and one of Market City Caffe's cappucinos at the end.

10) You're having a conversation with someone who keeps interrupting you. How do you handle it? First I wait until they wind down, don't say anything for a couple of seconds, then try to say what I need to say. If they interrupt again, I usually say, "Wait a second!" and look daggers at 'em... then finish.

Black satin top, long black stretchy skirt, black sandals, black ones

Last edited by lapietra : 04-21-2004 at 06:48 PM.
lapietra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 06:12 PM   #9
Frieda
in limbo

Re: Re: Things we must know... a question thread

Quote:
Originally posted by lapietra
*far* too many... I'm embarrassed to say. Possibly even more than Frieda...
are you suggesting i have too many pairs of black shoes? hmm?

oh yeah
Frieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 06:14 PM   #10
lapietra
half baked

Re: Re: Re: Things we must know... a question thread

Quote:
Originally posted by Frieda
are you suggesting i have too many pairs of black shoes? hmm?
hmmmm... nope Far too many for *me* tho'
Old 04-21-2004, 07:06 PM   #11
Spicy Jack
Brains! Brains!

Shoes come in other colors? Like 95% of my shoes are black. And I have kazillions of them. Mostly because I dance and need every kind imaginable.

I have an entire office to myself. The problem is that the office consists of an office and lab in one. Therefore if we get something nasty in the lab….my whole office gets stinky and gross….like yesterday. EWWWWWW.

I simmer in my madness usually.

Got my nails and toes done at a nice place where the ladies speak English. Then I went and bought super yummy slightly pricy shampoo and conditioner. I never buy anything “girly” so it was pretty special.

No. Work sucks the life out.

It would have rocket booster that make it take off like an intergalactic motorhome.

We would go to Vegas and I would bring snacks that balance well with the mass amounts of drinking that would be going on. For example: Cheese balls, crackers, string cheese, bananas, orange juice, lots of water, beef jerky, licorice, etc.

Jezus, are you alright?

How little faith you have in me! I would have escaped by now and be spending all the loot I had hidden before they caught me.

Start gazing off into space and squinting my eyes…blurry, not blurry, blurry, not blurry

Red tank top, button up sweater, black skirt, black heels, and my lab coat.
Spicy Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 07:54 PM   #12
LadyCrow
WhY sO SiRiUs?

3 & a pair of sandals. Do they count as shoes?

I face the wall, but there's a big open space between myself & the wall. I actually like it, 'cuz I would absolutely HATE to have someone sitting behind me.

The woods or oceanside... where ever I'm in the mood for.

Bought a boston creme donut from Dunkin Donuts...

"The very worst part of you
The very worst part of you
Is me" (Lying From You, Linkin Park)

No more frigging mice in the damn ceiling!!! Oh, & more storage space too.

Woodstock, NY (one of my favorite hangouts), & of course there will be snacks & beverages for the bus trip there. Oh, and a potty on the bus too, as they are in short supply in town.

Bless you.

Cracked peppercorn filet mignon w/a lobster tail. Steamed veggies, small garden salad. Drooling just thinking about it.

I'm too polite to interrupt, unless it's about a topic that I get pissed off about.

AmJam 2001 tshirt, blue jeans, black socks w/zebras...

Hmm... I just thought of something... ZEbra...

Kinda makes you think, doesn't it?

"If there is a bedrock principle of the First Amendment, it is that the government may not prohibit the expression of an idea simply because society finds the idea itself offensive or disagreeable."

-- Justice William J. Brennan
(1906-1997) U. S. Supreme Court Justice
Source: Texas vs. Johnson, 1989

Illegitimi non carborundum...

Whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you... stranger. - Heath Ledger
LadyCrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 07:56 PM   #13
Spicy Jack
Brains! Brains!

ZEbra...

but do you think it would offer any support?
Spicy Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 08:11 PM   #14
lapietra
half baked

Quote:
Originally posted by Spicy Jack
ZEbra...

but do you think it would offer any support?
I have a feeling it would be one of the more supportive garments out there...
Old 04-21-2004, 08:28 PM   #15
rapscalious rob

1; I just bought them today. I have to go back to the stupid store because they didn’t give me the shoelaces to the other shoe.

I face a wall with a fluctuating population of spiders and a few posters. I would probably be more productive if it was more airy and less stuffy, but I really don’t care.

There isn’t one place. And it depends on a lot of things.

I got tickets to the upcoming “Capital Steps” show, which will be the first live performance I’ve ever attended.

My funny valentine,
sweet comic valentine,
you make me smile
with my heart.
Your looks are laughable,
unphotographable,
yet you’re my favorite
piece of art…

The constant, idiotic, unneccesary, loud bickering.

Downtown Santa Barbara. There are plenty of places to eat there.

bless you.

a presidential pardon.

Depends on who it is and why they’re interrupting. If I’m Sean Hannity, I just say “Hey, I’m going to turn your microphone down if you don’t stop talking, you lousy communist!”

New black pants, a stylish patterned black long-sleeve shirt over a white “wifebeater” style undershirt, white socks, Carolina Blue Nike Air Zoom Turbine™ shoes, Cheap black plastic/rubber digital watch, old glasses.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: