ZEFRANK.COM - message board  

Go Back   ZEFRANK.COM - message board > FAST CHAT
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-04-2002, 02:47 PM   #1
nycwriters
Stuck in T.O.

Enquiring minds want to know

So it's Wednesday, I think it's time for questions. Got your thinking caps on? Or not ... hehe...

1. What was the last "good" thing you did that left you feeling gratified?

2. What's your comfort food?

3. You win the lottery, what do you do with the money? (It's about $50 million)

4. As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?

5. Do you have any siblings? Do you get along with them?

6. What was the last fight you had with your parents?

7. Song lyrics: type in a couple of lines from a song that fits your life right now.

9. Would you consider yourself and extrovert or introvert?

10. What cologne/perfume do you wear, if any?

11. Describe your ideal mate.

12. Describe your perfect date.

13. Was it something that you ate? (oops, sorry, got on a rhyming thing there) ... You're given an opportunity to either leap forward into the future or go back in time to witness an historic (or in the future a to-be historic) event. Which do you choose and why? And which event?

14. Would you rather have: a job that pays a ton but makes you miserable, or pays little but makes you happy? Why?

15. Do you want to be famous? If so, why? If not, why?

I guess that's it. Enjoy! I need coffee.....
nycwriters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2002, 02:59 PM   #2
Red Princess
thread soiler

never wanted to be famous-too intrusive. i will take the job that makes me happy everytime, not enough money in the world to make misery worth it. comfort food-toast.
Red Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2002, 03:04 PM   #3
Eiggam
This is my favorite site!

. What was the last "good" thing you did that left you feeling gratified? I gave a lift to a little old lady who was standing out in the cold...

2. What's your comfort food? Macaroni & Cheese (homemade)

3. You win the lottery, what do you do with the money? (It's about $50 million) Buy a Blue Bird RV for my boyfriend, quit my job and travel with him!

4. As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? A singer

5. Do you have any siblings? Do you get along with them? No siblings... thank god!

6. What was the last fight you had with your parents? It was over how to burn a fire in my fireplace, in my new house.... who does my dad think he is? :)

7. Song lyrics: type in a couple of lines from a song that fits your life right now. Ooh, I love the way you, love the way you love me. There's no place else I'd rather be....

9. Would you consider yourself and extrovert or introvert? Extrovert, all the way, baby!

10. What cologne/perfume do you wear, if any? Warm Embrace

11. Describe your ideal mate. A man who listens, cooperates, cares and cleans!

12. Describe your perfect date. One where I don't have to cook or clean.... pretty simple!

13. Was it something that you ate? (oops, sorry, got on a rhyming thing there) ... You're given an opportunity to either leap forward into the future or go back in time to witness an historic (or in the future a to-be historic) event. Which do you choose and why? And which event? Leap into the future.... to the day my man finally proposes (ooohhh.... he better if he knows what's good for him!) :)

14. Would you rather have: a job that pays a ton but makes you miserable, or pays little but makes you happy? Why? A job that pays little but makes me happy.... Why? Because I have been in both situations and the money really doesn't matter if it sucks to be at work all day!

15. Do you want to be famous? If so, why? If not, why? Nope. Too much paparozzi

I guess that's it. Enjoy! I need coffee.....:) :)
Old 12-04-2002, 04:13 PM   #4
masterofNone
________

I didn't sleep with a married friend of mine, though she really, really wanted to and I really, really wanted to ... and I declined in a way that made her feel beautiful and sexy anyway.

Shepherds pie

Move to New Zealand, make documentaries about dolphins

Oceanographer

3 brothers. Not all the time.

Wow, years ago. Told my father if he didn't stop yellin' at my kids he'd never see them again.

7. Song lyrics: type in a couple of lines from a song that fits your life right now.
"twenty, twenty,twenty four hours to go. I wanna be sedated..."

Started out as an extrovert (actor) ended up as an introvert (developer)

n/a

Articulate, challenging, sweet, short tempered, interested.

Sailing, dinner and drinks on a deck overlooking the water, fantastic sex, giggling til dawn, breakfast.

13. Was it something that you ate? (oops, sorry, got on a rhyming thing there) ... You're given an opportunity to either leap forward into the future or go back in time to witness an historic (or in the future a to-be historic) event. Which do you choose and why? And which event?
I'd like to be one of the magi for a chance to look into the eyes of the infant Jesus.(just to see what all of the fuss was about)

14. Would you rather have: a job that pays a ton but makes you miserable, or pays little but makes you happy? Why?
Happiness is all the wealth there is.

Only if it doesn't interfere with, or detract from, my success.

Last edited by masterofNone : 12-04-2002 at 07:12 PM.
masterofNone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2002, 04:45 PM   #5
Deviate
Butt-F***ing the World

Um, offered to help my friend pay to go skiing with me as a Christmas present, offered to go to Montana and kick some guyís ass, invited someone with no place to go to Christmas celebration with my family, bought my cousinsí Christmas presents. Simple things thrill me.
Indian or ice cream.
Quit my job, pay off my debts, buy a penthouse in NY and a condo in the mountains, put the rest in savings and investments and watch my money make money. Then I get enrolled in any school I want and start working on every PHD Iíve ever dreamed of.
a paleontologist, a rock star, a director, a superhero
nope, none. I have a pseudo sister and we get along most of the time even though I disagree with almost every decision sheís ever made.
the last big fight we had was on Mardi Gras. We were at a bar having some drinks and my mother and I got in a massive fight about ginger. Thatís right, the spice, ginger. I ended up walking out.
ĒIt seems Iíve got everyone fooled. Every time I say something they donít want to hear, they chaulk it up to my anger and never to their own fear.Ē

(wondering what happened to #8...)

um, pleasantly inbetween.
i own some, wear little.
intelligent, adventurous, open-minded, funny as all hell, understanding, loving, warm
good meal, great show, running into lots of friends, stimulating conversation, bouncing
1969, Woodstock. Free love and music. Dig it.
happy happy happy always
Depends on the type of famous. No, I donít want to be Nicole Kidman/Tom Cruise famous. But Gandhi is famous, as is Rev. Martin Luther King Jr. and Harvey Milk. World-changing, history-altering, life-saving fame would be swell; materialistic-producing, money-grubbing, photographer-punching fame I have little interest in.

Last edited by Deviate : 12-04-2002 at 07:30 PM.
Deviate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2002, 04:51 PM   #6
bealeblues
where's my salt?

1. i found a $20 on the floor and i saw a lady freaking out looking for something-- i asked her if she lost something and she told me a $20 and to see the look in her eyes, you would've thought i just gave her a million dollars

2. pizza. pizza all the way.

3. vanish. quickly.

4. baseball commentator. don't know why that actually fell through-- probably b/c i wasn't good enough to play in high school.

5. no siblings. two views on that-- maybe the parents got it right the first time, maybe i scared them away from procreating again. you be the judge.

6. over thanksgiving and how it pissed them off that i wasn't micromanaging my time effectively enough to equally distribute my visitation with everyone

7. Song lyrics: well, i woke up this morning and i got myself a beer (repeat)... "roadhouse blues" the doors

9. i'm an extrovert in an introvert's body--- i generally have a disdain for people so i'm quiet, but when around people i like, i'm a game show host

10. the one that doesn't give me an extreme migraine headache

11. the one i used to have before i screwed everything up

12. any date with the one in #11, above

13. this will be the most shallow answer on the board, but i would've loved being a roadie or something for the doors during their heyday

14. make a ton and be miserable b/c although $$ can't buy happiness, it sure can rent it for a while; plus i have no idea what job would truly translate into happiness for me.... also, if you have tons of cash, you can retire from the hated job fairly quickly

15. don't want to be famous (don't think that'll be much of a problem though) b/c i love being anonymous
Old 12-04-2002, 05:31 PM   #7
NekoPunk
Don't dream it, be it...

What was the last "good" thing you did that left you feeling gratified? i took my little brother to waffle house last weekend.

2. What's your comfort food? sushi, oddly enough.

3. You win the lottery, what do you do with the money? (It's about $50 million) invest, then hide away from the world

4. As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? well... first a verternarian, then an astronomer. most recently ('98) a forensic anthropologist. my dad tells me when i was four i wanted to work at k-mart.

5. Do you have any siblings? Do you get along with them? just my little bro... and we get along fine most of the time.

6. What was the last fight you had with your parents? paying for college.

7. Song lyrics: "I'm growing older but not up
My metabolic rate is pleasantly stuck
Let those winds of time blow over my head
I'd rather die while I'm living than live while I'm dead"

9. Would you consider yourself and extrovert or introvert? depends on who i'm around

10. What cologne/perfume do you wear, if any? myself? *lol* none, i'm too damn lazy for that.

11. Describe your ideal mate. someone who could do #12. that pretty much sums up how ~i~ am... ^_^;;

12. Describe your perfect date. sushi, see a good local band, go home, and play some video games. make out, then sleep over. no, really. just sleep. ^__^

13. Was it something that you ate? (oops, sorry, got on a rhyming thing there) ... You're given an opportunity to either leap forward into the future or go back in time to witness an historic (or in the future a to-be historic) event. Which do you choose and why? And which event? hmm... past. i'd like to see the beginning of time. that'd be so cool....

14. Would you rather have: a job that pays a ton but makes you miserable, or pays little but makes you happy? Why? pays little and makes me happy. i won't go if i don't like it. *shrugs* that's just the way i am.

15. Do you want to be famous? If so, why? If not, why? uhmmm... well, i'd like to be known in my circle. not world famous, but recognized and respected.
You bring your knees in tight...
But it's the pelvic thrust...
That really drives you insane!
Let's do the time-warp again!
Let's do the time-warp again!
NekoPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2002, 06:47 PM   #8
cosmo949
caesura

I just bought a ticket to a show for a co-worker who wanted to go but couldn't afford it.

2. What's your comfort food? Pasta with broccoli and fontina cheese.

3. You win the lottery, what do you do with the money? (It's about $50 million) Wipe out debt (mine), share some with family, invest, quit job, travel, go back to school.

4. As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? Veterinarian, horse wrangler, writer, teacher

5. Do you have any siblings? Do you get along with them? Two sisters (we're great pals) and one brother (more remote).

6. What was the last fight you had with your parents? Too long ago to even recall.

7. Song lyrics: type in a couple of lines from a song that fits your life right now. Ain't love strange

9. Would you consider yourself and extrovert or introvert? It's a 50/50 deal based on situation and attendees.

10. What cologne/perfume do you wear, if any? Jil Sander

11. Describe your ideal mate. A man with a job, a conscience, some flexibility (mental/emotional/physical), and a sailboat.

12. Describe your perfect date. Summer night and the one that got away, baseball game, beer, sex, sleepover, no regrets.

13. Was it something that you ate? (oops, sorry, got on a rhyming thing there) ... You're given an opportunity to either leap forward into the future or go back in time to witness an historic (or in the future a to-be historic) event. Which do you choose and why? And which event? I'd like to be at JLo and Ben Affleck's wedding because it will redeem the role of marriage in American society. (Actually I really like MoN's answer...)

14. Would you rather have: a job that pays a ton but makes you miserable, or pays little but makes you happy? Why? I'd take the job that pays a ton because I already have the rest of the deal.

15. Do you want to be famous? If so, why? If not, why? Gosh, no. You know how all those celebrities are always complaining about how they can't go shopping by themselves? I wouldn't want to miss out on the experience of food shopping after eight hours at the office.
cosmo949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2002, 07:46 PM   #9
dinzdale
King of the öpatnżs

1. What was the last "good" thing you did?
- made a friend feel good about themselves after a row with thier spouse.

- Beer

3. You win the lottery, what do you do with the money?
- What I want to.

- Famous

- 1 older bro'. he's OK now, but not til we were over 30.

- too long ago and too trivial.

- "One of these days / I'm gonna change my evil ways (Ha!)/ Til then I'll just keeping riding on" (AC/DC - Ride On)

- Extro with beer in the system, otherwise quiet.

- Navigation

- I dont know, I just keep trying - on wifey number 4 now - who knows.

- Something cultural with a beautiful elegant lady who turns into a complete whore at the end of the night.

13. You're given an opportunity to either leap forward into the future
- be careful - read "Making History by Steven Fry"

14. Would you rather have: a job that pays a ton but makes you miserable, or pays little but makes you happy?
- GIVE ME THE MONEY ! ! ! Then tell me I'm miserable for long.

-Yes, yes,yes !!! Give me the fame, money women, I want it all....
dinzdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2002, 08:03 PM   #10
dickieC
Professional ZeMonkey

Re: Enquiring minds want to know

NYC, aren't you the quizzer...

1. What was the last "good" thing you did that left you feeling gratified? Had a chat with my friend whose wife is ill, to alleviate the stress he's under.

2. What's your comfort food? Organic Green and Black Chocolate.

Give all but £100,000 to charity. I don't wanna be rich without trying. (corny but true)

4. As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? Clever.

5. Do you have any siblings? Do you get along with them? One sister, she's my bestest mate.

6. What was the last fight you had with your parents? Never had one, ever. Firstborn, ergo perfect.

7. Song lyrics: type in a couple of lines from a song that fits your life right now. "In an interstellar burst, I'm back to save the universe"

9. Would you consider yourself and extrovert or introvert? Introvert.

10. What cologne/perfume do you wear, if any? Never been one for the smelly stuff.

11. Describe your ideal mate. Kind, considerate, curvy hips, ooh yes.

12. Describe your perfect date. Someone who laughs at my jokes without making me feel like a loser.

13. Was it something that you ate? (oops, sorry, got on a rhyming thing there) ... You're given an opportunity to either leap forward into the future or go back in time to witness an historic (or in the future a to-be historic) event. Which do you choose and why? And which event? Past: the first performance of Haydn's Oxford Symphony in the Sheldonian Theatre. Have always wanted to meet Hadyn and show him how little and how much Oxford has changed in the last 200 years.

14. Would you rather have: a job that pays a ton but makes you miserable, or pays little but makes you happy? Why? Happiness, not money. Hey, I'm an academic. Ain't never gonna be rich.

15. Do you want to be famous? If so, why? If not, why? No, would hate the media picking over my life, sitting in judgement.

I guess that's it. Enjoy! I need coffee.....
Old 12-05-2002, 12:05 AM   #11
amanda
old s'cool

Re: Enquiring minds want to know

Called my madre at work to wish her a happy birthday.

curry

pay off the bandits, pay off other people's bandits, buy some boats and an island or two. get myself a kitty and a tomato plant.

a butterfly.

One older brother. Oh yeah- for two people that are pretty much opposite, we get along great.

With my mom, about blood money...uh, alimony...uh, morality.

"Eat, drink and be merry, for tomorrow we die. You and me and all our friends, such a happy human race." (Not really right now, but I wish it was.)

Introvert, until sufficient alcohol enters my bloodstream. I like to watch people before I make my move.

I have a bottle of Boss that I put on on occasion when I feel like being more "female-ish"

Me. Everyone else is too heavy to carry around in my pocket.

good conversation, heaps of foreplay, flirting, and more good conversation. Probably ice cream and water involved in there somewhere. Time and place are always secondary on a good date.

I want see just WHAT did happen on August 4th, about 100 million years ago. How did that spark of life happen on this little blue planet...?

Happy, happy- being poor forces you to be creative.

Infamous is more fun than either of those the choices.... But if I have to choose, I'm with DV8 on this one. Although, being Gandhi was a little difficult too- that kind of famous gets you crucified.

Last edited by amanda : 12-05-2002 at 10:20 AM.
amanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2002, 12:15 AM   #12
saskuoch
Somebody stole my cheese

1. What's the last "good" thing you did that left you feeling gratified?
I listened to my mom pour out all her worries, because she has no one else who will. But I do that all the time, so I'm not sure it counts.

It really depends on the time of day and how hungry I am. I'm going to have to say it's a toss up between House of Pies Texas Pecan Fudge, spinach enchiladas, and my mom's macaroni and cheese casserole.

3. You win the lottery, what do you do with the money?
Honestly? I buy a little house in the middle of Houston, have a baby, start a college fund for him/her, go to medical school when s/he's about 5 so I can work in Thomas Street Clinic providing prenatal care to HIV positive babies and mommies, and then give the rest to an international AIDS charity.

A chemist. My chemistry set was my favorite toy ever.

I get along very well with one of my sisters. I even offered to let her live with me next year just so she doesn't have to drive as far to school.

The last fight I had with my dad was about where I was going to study abroad. I wanted to go to Turkey, but he called a friend in the State Department who said that, although they can't really make big public announcements about it, he wouldn't let me go if I were his daughter. I think he was exaggerating, though, because he knew my dad didn't want me to go.
With my mom, I haven't had a "parent-child" type fight in years (and like DickieC, I'm the firstborn, so we've only had about 6 fights). I did get into something like a fight with her last Christmas when I hurt her feelings, and she hurt mine in return. Nothing major, though. I don't even remember what it was about.

7. Song lyrics:
"I want to go home, I want to go home." There are several songs that contain these lyrics, take your pick. I don't necessarily miss America, but I miss my family, and people who speak languages that I understand.

9. Would you consider yourself and introvert or extrovert?
Introvert

10. What cologne/perfume do you wear?
Eau de Saskuoch Mostly I just smell like my soap. I shower a lot.

Dude, if I knew what my ideal mate would be like, do you think I'd be wasting my time with all these losers? Physical appearance isn't that important to me, and I like different personality traits in different people.

12. Describe your ideal date.
I haven't been on a datey-date since high school...what's it like again?

13. Time travel.
Do I get to come back again? If so, I'd go to the future, just to make sure I'm on the right track.

14. Bad job, good pay vs. good job, bad pay.
The job that makes me happy, of course! As long as I'm getting paid something, I can find a way to get by. I'd hate to be miserable.

15. Do you want to be famous?
I don't really want to do anything that would involve becoming famous, at least famous beyond a small academic circle. So no, because if I were famous, I'd be doing something I hate.
We are, of course, now living in what George W. Bush has called the "era of personal responsibility": if a child chooses to have parents who can't afford health care, that child will have to accept the consequences.
saskuoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2002, 01:48 AM   #13
zenbabe
Lollypop!

-Sex

- Cheese

_Buy my mom a house, buy myself a house, pay off all my friends credit card bills and take them on a trip, buy a cheese factory, dare my brother to have the word "fag" shaved into his head for 50 grand, go shopping, take my friends shopping, travel the world, take lots of pictures, make lots and lots of dares for 50 grand a pop, donate a wad of it to charity, adopt a child that needs me, have lots of land so I could have all the exotic animals I want, and not tell anyone where I got the money....

- A mermaid

Two brothers, we are tight, I am in the middle

-My dad isn't very good at returning phone calls..

-La da da da da da

- both

- Roma

-Funny, smart, hot, and can put up with my shit and still love me

- If I am driving to work the next day and smiling and thinking about it at the same time

- I would go back to the roaring '20's, I would make an ideal flapper girl, I would be married to the hottest gangster in town and go to speak easy's every night, well, maybe not every night because we would have to be on the make some nights, I would make gin in the bathtub and let my baby doll do all the dirty work on getting rid of it (did I mention that I love to cook) he would taste it and say something like "thanks doll face, you know? your tops" and I would just laugh. I would want to come back around say...1928, maybe early '29..just to be safe..

-I had a job that paid me tons, but made me miserable, now I have a job that pays me little, but I am happy. I am not done yet, I am still looking for a medium that gives me both. But I am still happy, does that count?

- I went to L.A to be an actress, I wanted the job, but I didn't want the fame..go figure..anyway..it didn't work out, but at least i gave it a shot!

***what happened to question number 8 anyway?

-Dr. Seuss
zenbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2002, 05:59 AM   #14
Frieda
in limbo

talking to my mom after my grandmother died

cheeseburgers!

i'd donate some to a charity something, buy a house/car/stuff for my family & friends & myself, invest what's left and travel around the world

fighter pilot.. sigh..

no siblings

last night, my dad ran his shopping cart over my foot.. TWICE!

Groove Armada: 'whenever i'm down.. i call on you my friend.. a helping hand you lend in my time of need..

introvert when i'm with strangers

wearing none at the moment.. looking for a new one!

someone i can laugh with, cry with and accepts every little bit of me.

dinner, dancing, sex, champagne, strawberry and croissant breakfast

13. You're given an opportunity to either leap forward into the future or go back in time to witness an historic (or in the future a to-be historic) event. Which do you choose and why? And which event?
i'd like to go back to 1925.. meet my grandfather when he was young.. he always told me stories about him going dancing.. i'd love to see that..

well it depends.. if i have a job that pays a ton for a few years, and i don't spend all my money, then i still have some left for the years that i have this job that pays me little..

not famous. i'd hate all the papparazzi shit around it..

oh yeah
Frieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2002, 09:47 AM   #15
chuckie egg
a peach

I rescued a little lost dog and took him home! The owners cried with joy! I felt warm

Beer

Give most of it away to my church, family, and people I like

An artist

yes, no

what do you want for Christmas? I dont know!!!!!! leave me alone

remembering when, I saw your face shining my way, pure timing

extrovert

tommy girl

Likes beer, likes curry, likes me, always welcome at their house!

hmmm, as in the occasion or the person?

Definitely the future, then if its crap I can change it now

Happiness is far more important to me than money, so I pick that.

I dont like the idea of walking down the street and getting mobbed by photographers/fans etc... so I'll stick to being normal
chuckie egg is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: