12"razormix

dear sir or madam.

does my arse look fat in this dress?
12"razormix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 09:49 PM   #422
Coffee
Cheeses Save

Dear store;

My dad told me I had to get a job, u got one?
Coffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 11:25 PM   #423
Brynn
constantly amazed

Dear to whom it may concern:
Enclosed please find several items for your perusal that indicate my qualifications for working at your hotel - which I first posted on PostSecret.com, so I hope that doesn't bother you.
Brynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 06:56 PM   #424
nycwriters
Stuck in T.O.

Because I'm continually asking that question, and because it made me giggle to think of someone actually asking it in an interview - I award the worst job application intro to ... 12"razormix

Although I had to say Marcus' proofwriting thing almost had me hooked .. and twitchy to make fixes.

Take it away Razor.
nycwriters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007, 09:58 AM   #425
Hyakujo's Fox
left hanging

Location: between the click of the light and the start of the dream
*ahem*

The first line of your Christmas Card poem or greeting, if you please.
Hyakujo's Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007, 10:20 AM   #426
brightpearl
Rhinoceros fan

It's another glorious Christmas at the (*name withheld*) household; as I handwrite this heartfelt Christmas letter in stunning calligraphic flourishes on handmade soy-based parchment, the homemade Bavarian scalded eggnog is steaming in my great-grandmother's Blue Willow cups, the dog is sitting attentively at my L.L. Bean shearling slippered feet, and the children are arranged like luminous Titian angels about the living room, playing quietly with their new wooden trains and sewing traditional French cross-stitch samplers in their smocked heirloom nightgowns and Tartan flannel pajamas.
brightpearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007, 01:43 PM   #427
xfox
slightly effective

A Christmas candle is a lovely thing, it makes no noise at all, but softly gives itself away, while quite unselfish, it grows small.
xfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 07:56 PM   #428
Brynn
constantly amazed

May the joyful bells of Christmas morning jangle ever so softly on your hangover before you drag yourself out of bed and see the mess you left in the kitchen.
Old 12-26-2007, 08:03 PM   #429
Brynn
constantly amazed

In this Season of Light, please remember to keep your thermostat turned down low(stereo and holiday mood lighting too), and do not neglect to line your worn-out boots with recycled plastic bread bags to get more wear out of them.

ETA: I think I've gotten this one before :-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightpearl View Post
It's another glorious Christmas at the (*name withheld*) household; as I handwrite this heartfelt Christmas letter in stunning calligraphic flourishes on handmade soy-based parchment, the homemade Bavarian scalded eggnog is steaming in my great-grandmother's Blue Willow cups, the dog is sitting attentively at my L.L. Bean shearling slippered feet, and the children are arranged like luminous Titian angels about the living room, playing quietly with their new wooden trains and sewing traditional French cross-stitch samplers in their smocked heirloom nightgowns and Tartan flannel pajamas.

Last edited by Brynn : 12-26-2007 at 08:05 PM.
Old 12-28-2007, 03:30 AM   #430
trisherina
meretricious dilettante

Attached find my favourite Christmas recipe for leftover ham!
Old 12-28-2007, 11:33 AM   #431
brightpearl
Rhinoceros fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brynn View Post
ETA: I think I've gotten this one before :-)
*urg* Yes, I've gotten it several times; I hardly even exaggerated...the "Titian angel" bit is a direct quote.
Old 12-28-2007, 03:20 PM   #432
funkytuba
Spone to Proonerisms

It was a busy year here at the Molitor household as Harold processed no less than four thousand two hundred eighteen tax returns for various customers at an average fee of seventy two dollars and sixty-seven cents grossing us three hundred six thousand five hundred twenty two dollars and six cents in income which would seem like a lot but his methamphetamine and cocaine bill ended up costing us two hundred twenty-one thousand eight hundred fifteen dollars and forty-nine cents in raw materials and legal bills and my vicodin and little yellow pill habit cost us another twenty four thousand eight hundred eighty-seven dollars and ninety-four cents so though he was able to write them all off as a business expense that left us with an adjusted gross income (after mortgage interest, sales tax and other itemized deductions) of thirty-eight thousand three hundred forty-three dollars and fifty-four cents which, with the two kids in grad school still being able to be claimed as dependents, qualified us for the earned income credit, which saved Groundhog's Day.
Old 12-29-2007, 02:48 AM   #433
Brynn
constantly amazed

a double to the last two posts ^

Dear Family.
Happy Holidays to all, and even in spite of the fact that Bill and I both are still out of work since being laid off last March, having had to sell the house, apply for food stamps, ask all of you for money at one time or another with varying degrees of success in order to buy Jesse, Jennie and Jackie new shoes without holes in them, and take turns in 2-hour shifts having fun standing with our homemade cardboard sign at our favorite intersection --- well, we are all just as snug as bugs in a van down by the river with an empty gas tank, and have found peace in a season of knowing that none of the kids have (as of yet) gotten hurt or hooked on the drugs that so many of our more enterprising neighbors (some of whom are far worse off than we!) seem to always have on hand --- so all in all, when there's money for propane and stamps to send our annual holiday letters, we consider ourselves blessed!
Old 12-29-2007, 08:29 PM   #434
Hyakujo's Fox
left hanging

Location: between the click of the light and the start of the dream
Okay, better judge this before the tree starts dropping needles.

With further ado...

HURRAH!

Not without further ado...

The winner is brightpearl! The next genre if you please...
Hyakujo's Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 10:01 PM   #435
brightpearl
Rhinoceros fan

Carp, I didn't realize this was like the dictionary game, shoulda read the thread! Oh well, sounds fun, now that I've read the rules...

M'kay...

If you please, a sentence in the historical fiction genre that contains all three of the following:

spigot
rice cake
a reference to an unfortunate dermatological malady of your own choosing

Have at you.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: