ZEFRANK.COM - message board  

Go Back   ZEFRANK.COM - message board > FICTION PROJECT
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 190 votes, 4.96 average. Display Modes
Old 12-01-2007, 01:05 AM   #2836
Anna
n

feijoada - a depression era cast iron pan forged and melded in salt made especially for barittos.
Anna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 03:10 PM   #2837
Coffee
Cheeses Save

Feijoada. feyj-Ode-a

The newest designer adult scent offering from the wacky folks at Flint Works (www.naughtythings.com) . Feijoada is tauted as being the finest feigned vadge odor available, with quality so high that it even fooled Prof. Dinzdale in blind scent tests.

Upon opening the door, Larry whispered to Madge "Is that Feijoada, or are you really glad to see me?"
Coffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 11:29 AM   #2838
Marcus Bales

Location: In a coign of the cliff between lowland and highland, at the sea-down's edge between windward and lee, walled round with rocks as an inland island, the ghost of a garden fronts the sea.
feijoada - The practice of eating one's pets.

"Care for some more feijoada, Bill?" Hillary asked.
"No, I'll leave some for Buddy. Where is he?" Bill replied
"Here Buddy, here boy!"
Old 12-03-2007, 06:06 AM   #2839
Brynn
constantly amazed

Sorry, folks - I fell into the well and seeing as how Lassie is dead, it took a while. Thanks for a delightful round. You are all winners, and so brilliant that it's amazing that the sun even bothers to get out of bed in the morning. Which, by the way, it hasn't around here for a long time, so yes, I'm a bit grumpy.

Feijoada is actually a Brazilian/Portuguese stew (also served in Angola) for people who like meat with their meat. It is so "heavy" that it is only served at noon. To read more than you might ever want to know about it, including the recipe, just click here.

Master Jedi wins the "You've Been Playing With The Star Wars Random Name Generator Again, Haven't You? Award for:

"feijoada- origin. Japanese.English pronounciation- Father Yoda.
Def. The name of the infamous Ninja in which Yoda (Star Wars) is based of of. A great role model..."
Well done!

Funkytuba's fetching definition brought a smile to my face, but upon further contemplation, I just had to award him the enviable That Is Just So "Funky"! Award for sounding inimitably, uncannily like himself. Which is a good thing. Which is why he also gets one of his own adorable life-like inventions for:

feijoada
- a structured, statically typed, imperative, and object-oriented fluffy robotic chinchilla that is currently all the rage in Japan.

After Keiko's new feijoada was taken out of its box and she named it "Lovelace", it proceeded to upgrade her ram, reorganize her digital photos and take control of the operations of her local general aviation airport

Anna reminded me of the most valuable thing that my mother ever handed down to me - her perfectly seasoned cast iron skillet. Anna gets a plethora of goodies as well as the "Most Plausibilityociousness" Award - not the least of which is the result of a search for "chicken rojo barittos" at Epicurious with a request to please let me know how the "barbecued steak brazilian-style, with garlicky marinade and dipping sauce" turns out if you decide to make it and...
Oh hey look, a random mention of barittos on MYspace by Kyle Gregory on Feb 13 2007 9:32 AM on "Dice's" page! (I really hope he gets to make out with her again soon). All this and more for:

feijoada - a depression era cast iron pan forged and melded in salt made especially for barittos.

Very well done!

Marcus Bales, just by doing what he does so well, once again nails down the fantastic "Marcus Bales" Award for his traditional multiple entries - the first one winning an intimate dinner for himself and a small army to a local favorite, Oba Restaurant for:

"Feijoada - The strike force of the vegetarian command; also an individual within that strike force.

The vegetarian command was in a stew about the way Brazilians were combining the healthy bean with the forbidden pig, and sent in a team of feijoada to take out a few leading restaurants as a warning to the rest.
"

It's hard to make up a new definition when you know the real meaning. Well done!
He also wins the "You Might Have Won This Round In Spite of Your Dinzdale-Fawning Had You Only Used Republicans Instead" Award for:

feijoada - The practice of eating one's pets.

"Care for some more feijoada, Bill?" Hillary asked.
"No, I'll leave some for Buddy. Where is he?" Bill replied
"Here Buddy, here boy!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dinzdale wins the "Welcome Back, Burned-But(t)-Handsome Stranger" Award, some attractive cloth safety covers and extra random points from the judge for mentioning the sun during monsoon season here for:

"Feijoada n. medical condition caused by sitting naked on a plastic chair that has been in the sun for some hours. "

Well done!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As a result of the professor's sudden surprise celebrity appearance, Coffee and Marcus were of course inspired to vie for the "Superbad/ Forever 13 Award" and the Let's Both See If We Can Send Brynn On A Feminist Rant Special Trophy. Coffee's was sorta funny in an embarrassing (snigger) vadge-as-in-short-for-vaginal-which-means-the-you-know-what-yes-that's-right-VAGINA (see-Freud-for-male-subjection-of-feminine-genitalia-in-order-to-allay-fears-of-castration) (giggle) odor sort of way, mostly because it had an actual punchline:

" Feijoada. feyj-Ode-a

The newest designer adult scent offering from the wacky folks at Flint Works (www.naughtythings.com) . Feijoada is tauted as being the finest feigned vadge odor available, with quality so high that it even fooled Prof. Dinzdale in blind scent tests.

Upon opening the door, Larry whispered to Madge "Is that Feijoada, or are you really glad to see me?""

It suffered from misspelling "touted". It pandered to Dinzdale instead of to the judge. It also suffered from its unfortunate and unfair proximity to - and therefore encouragement of - this:

"feijoada- blah blah blah Nolan sisters AGAIN, a reference that has had the life beaten out of it blah blah to the point that even Dinzdale never refers to them anymore - as noted by other judges as well - blah blah blah blah BLAH for the love of pete shuddupaboutitalready BLAH."

Well well-done, both of you, and congratulations! You are desperately needed over in Wikipedia to lend your vast knowledge of this subject to their article. Here's some good reading to bring scientific validity and true artistic shock value to your efforts.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

xfox is welcome to come play "Casual Scrabble" anytime over at the judge's house, and wins this humongous thing, complete with an extra "q" for:

feijoada n. a losing round in Scrabble, even with the extra letter for which no one is the wiser.
Very very well done!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bman wins a gift certificate to the fabulous Arthur Murray's International Dance Studioand the "Really Good Fictitious Use of the Word "Feijoada" Award:

Feijoada n. The gruesome mating dance of the South American Latrodectus hasselti spider

...The Spanish assassiness was nicknamed 'Lady Feijoada' due to her penchant for seducing and decapitating her victims (not necessarily in that order).
Extremely well done!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hyakujo's Fox wins the "Teacher's Pet of The Year" Award for his shameless judge-pandering, for which he is to be highly congratulated and showered with honors. He also wins a very expensive date - not with Blanche Spalding, Miss Arizona USA, who fortunately is unavailable to almost everybody outside the pageant circuit, but with Blanche Devereaux herself (who will put up with almost anyone as long he's a natty dresser) for:

feijoada (n) an Axtec spitoon.

Blanche was transmogrified with horror when Gerald, caught without a napkin and finding the pickled salmon hors d'oeuvre not to his taste, made good use of the Weatherby's recently acquired 14th century feijoada.

Very very very very well done!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Once again, trisherina takes the cake by making the judge misty-eyed with nostalgia for the BLF Game. She wins a lovely exotic cake for this lovely exotic short story:

"feijoada: Peasant flatbread popular among the domestic servant set in Dar es Salaam.

Dahir loved her, loved her saucy head-swivels whenever he tried to catch her eye at jamatkhana, loved the curve of her hips and loved her perfect feijoada."
She also wins Coveted 2nd Place

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Which of course leaves daverbee, who offered this:

Feijoada-
Ancient assassination sect of Hindus. They killed by boring their victims to death with lame impersonations of Pat Morita as Mr. Miyagi in The Karate Kid.

After one last mumbling of "Wax on, wax off." Tujinder's work was done and the sahib dropped to the floor.

It's really one of the silliest things I've ever read. He wins a rare autographed photo and as The Winner, the opportunity to judge the next round!
Brynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 10:22 AM   #2840
daverbee
Key Lime Pie rocks!!!

Personally, I was pulling for Funky.

OK...let's see...

GABERLUNZIE

Have at it.

(Please note that due to a very busy workload, judging may not happen until next weekend. This will give all of you plenty of time to work on your definitions and also your patience should you become too eager to see who wins.)
Old 12-03-2007, 12:37 PM   #2841
Marcus Bales

Location: In a coign of the cliff between lowland and highland, at the sea-down's edge between windward and lee, walled round with rocks as an inland island, the ghost of a garden fronts the sea.
gaberlunzie - an old Scots phrase for a sexual position now known as "the reverse cowboy" -- whatever that is.

"Och, lass, is that the gaberlunzie yer doin, then?" asked the newlywed husband.
"Not s'much, Ian, as just greasin' it up." replied the wife, who'd rtfm.
Old 12-06-2007, 10:27 AM   #2842
daverbee
Key Lime Pie rocks!!!

Judging Friday night. Get your definitions in soon, kids.
Old 12-06-2007, 10:30 AM   #2843
trisherina
meretricious dilettante

gaberlunzie: Infant respiratory secretions.

"Oooh! OOoh! Isn't that cute! Mercedes got her gaberlunzie on me!"
Old 12-06-2007, 12:40 PM   #2844
Marcus Bales

gaberlunzie - the second definition by the same person posted to the Dictionary Game in order to stick the single other entrant with the dreaded first place award.

Marcus's gaberlunzie assured that the single other entry in the game would win.
Old 12-06-2007, 01:58 PM   #2845
funkytuba
Spone to Proonerisms

gaberlunzie - ancient saxon word for "I got nuthin", often used as an ironic greeting.

The old beggar rattled his tin cup and wheezed, "gaberlunzie" to the passing edhilingui, frilingi, and lazzi who grinned devilishly and returned the sentiment, as they had only soliduses and no tremisses.
Old 12-06-2007, 02:17 PM   #2846
seebe
monkey

gaberlunzie n. a portable spittoon.

Mary Bollocks looked at the coach defiantly, saying, “Yessir, I durn well do think I have what it takes to be on the boys football team. As if to prove her point, and without getting nary a speck on her sleeve, she adroitly hurled a mouthful of chaw into the gaberlunzie she always carried with her.
seebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 05:02 PM   #2847
Marcus Bales

gaberlunzie - the contents of a spittoon

After half an hour of pleading from the disheveled drunk, the bartender said "Yes, I'll give you a free drink if you ... um ... take a sip from the spittoon." No sooner had he finished than the drunk picked up the spittoon and swallowed. And swallowed. "Stop!" said the bartender, a delicate shade of green, now, "stop!" But the man continued til the spittoon was empty. "Why didn't you stop?" the bartender asked. The man winced a little and said, "Well, the gaberlunzie just all held together."
Old 12-07-2007, 03:21 AM   #2848
Brynn
constantly amazed

gaberlunzie - a combination sweeping/lunging motion used exclusively by mountaineers in order to scale difficult passages of music with their trombones.
Brynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 06:24 AM   #2849
Anna
n

Gaberlunzie –a 17th century horn found in the Alsace Province having the power and properties to collapse walls, said to be received in trade for a wishing cloth and a charcoal burner.
Anna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 01:59 PM   #2850
Coffee
Cheeses Save

gaberlunzie

Scottish sufferer of Tourette's syndrome. A gabby lunatic.
Coffee is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: