ZEFRANK.COM - message board  

Go Back   ZEFRANK.COM - message board > FAST CHAT
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-08-2009, 09:13 PM   #1141
Frieda
in limbo

oh, and he recommended wearing one of these

thankfully big sunglasses are still fashionable here and i'll stick to my D&G for now

oh yeah
Frieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 09:22 PM   #1142
Peregrine
Bird of Prey

Three of the last four times I went to the ER was for eye problems. The first time it was an infection, and the other two times it was a scratch or tear in the cornea. Don't know what caused it. But it was really painful.

Oddly, the doctors provided better care for the corneal abrasions than the infection. The first guy came over, looked at my eye, and said "It's infected", then walked off, washed his hands, came back, wrote me a prescription, and sent me on my way. It was almost like I was wasting his time.

But the other two times I went, they gave me a more thorough exam, with a dye test, and the machine with the chin stirrups, and everything. Then they prescribed some kind of eye drops, fixed me up inside of a week.

I've got something of an eye phobia myself. So I grudgingly accepted the eye drops as an alternative to the ointment that was originally prescribed.

This sounds like something environmental. Do you live or work somewhere with a lot of sandstorms? Or smog? or abrasive dust? Something like that might scratch your eyes up a bit.
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 10:08 PM   #1143
Coffee
Cheeses Save

Eeeek Freida.

Good vibes > Your eyes
Coffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 10:30 PM   #1144
Marcus Bales

Location: In a coign of the cliff between lowland and highland, at the sea-down's edge between windward and lee, walled round with rocks as an inland island, the ghost of a garden fronts the sea.
I feel as dirty as if I've just had illicit and unsatisfactory sex and then had to dress quickly and work another shift.
Old 01-09-2009, 08:12 AM   #1145
Hyakujo's Fox
left hanging

Location: between the click of the light and the start of the dream
a little strange, a little sad, a little empty, like I'd left a long time ago, like I'd forgotten something, like I couldn't get it back, like I was dreaming, like I'd drank beer on a bright friday afterwork, like I was tired, no actually tired

Last edited by Hyakujo's Fox : 01-09-2009 at 08:15 AM.
Hyakujo's Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 01:43 PM   #1146
lukkucairi
earth worker

I feel pretty good

it's been 4 days with no alcohol and no caffeine and no meat or aged cheese or preserved anything...I can feel the toxins leaching out of my system...and GODDAMNIT I WANT THEM BACK

other than a pervasive feeling that my brain isn't functioning as smoothly as I'm used to, and the occasional grouch attack, it's OK.

I'm wondering now if the feeling of "brain not functioning smoothly" is something that eventually goes away during a detox, or if drinking wine and eating moldy cheeses every day has actually changed the way my neurotransmitters balance so I can't manage to sustain critical thought without a glass of plonk and some gorgonzola.
lukkucairi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 06:20 AM   #1147
grumpybumpas
monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunesmith View Post
We could start an entire dieting program!

I personally would be happy to share appetite-suppressing factoids.

My goiter's acting up again! time for a draining...

Note: I don't have a goiter.
(Started a diet at elevin last nite and lost a whole pound by seven this morning. (Changed my underwear.) Do you think that iff i change my underwear every day that i will loose a pound every day???)
grumpybumpas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 09:06 AM   #1148
YsaPur EsChomuw
oi

^ it depends on how much your new underwear cost
YsaPur EsChomuw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 09:21 AM   #1149
Hyakujo's Fox
left hanging

Location: between the click of the light and the start of the dream
I'm refusing to feel anything on the matter until I know more.
Hyakujo's Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 10:30 AM   #1150
Marcus Bales

Location: In a coign of the cliff between lowland and highland, at the sea-down's edge between windward and lee, walled round with rocks as an inland island, the ghost of a garden fronts the sea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukkucairi View Post
... it's been 4 days with no alcohol and no caffeine and no meat or aged cheese or preserved anything...
You don't actually live longer -- it just seems longer.
Old 01-15-2009, 10:52 AM   #1151
lukkucairi
earth worker

man, I'm looking forward to a glass of wine.

I'm feeling better now though - I think it's all the yoga. every day for a week now. I feel bendier than I ever have.
Old 01-19-2009, 07:41 PM   #1152
lukkucairi
earth worker

ooof - hamburger today after two and a half weeks of almost no meat, and I feel like I ate a rock.

welcome back, tyramine
Old 01-20-2009, 09:23 AM   #1153
Odbe
hope dope

I just very much want to go to sleep but I can't because the neighbours are having a Very Loud Party just outside I hate the city like this, and I want to go back to the country. I've had a long day and I've been waiting all day to come home and just sleep and now this. I am ready to be out there on the verandah with a dressing gown and a rolling pin shouting like a crazy lady but for two things: 1. there isn't a verandah here and 2. I don't see that it will make anything better.
Odbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 10:22 AM   #1154
Stephi_B
waaaaaaa :)

^a balcony or a fire escape thingie or even a window does too .... if your attire and argumentation line are classy enough

& yeah, likely not really.... sometimes banging some heating tube or the like and/or turning on some very minimal techno very loud helps (not so your sleep-ability mayhap), unless they totally dig that noises and the party reaches its climax .... in any case the neighbourhood will know you then and you'll be greeted with like "Ah, you the crazy lady with all the banging and shaking the roof with that techno? What was that lately btw, was some good stuff! .... Oh, we weren't too loud, were we? *sugarsweet, innocent smile*" when you ring someplace to borrow a lightbulb on a Sunday late afternoon....

I feel like banging on something now, just for fun
Stephi_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 02:13 PM   #1155
brightpearl
Rhinoceros fan

I got yelled at this morning for something that I thought would be a relief to the other person, and I feel afraid.
I think it is okay, though. I don't think I can really be hurt any more.
brightpearl is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: