Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 06-25-2004, 10:24 AM   #1
madasacutsnake
no more nice girl

the downside of ebay

ME:

Hi,

You were high bidder on the above.

Total for the items (in australian $$) is $25 ($15 plus $10 postage)..

As per auction terms I only accept Visa, Mastercard, Amex or Diners Card. You need to email your details to me. Some people prefer to seperate the information for extra security (eg expiry in one email, numbers in another).

Thanks for your custom,

LOSER:

Dear ,

may i change my payment tp paypal and pay you today

ME:

No. The terms are very clear.

Reread the terms and let me know wether I should relist.

LOSER:

Dear ,

GREETINGS AGAIN, IM STILL TRYING TO PAY YOU WITH PAY PAL, I DONT KNOW IF YOU RECIEVED ALL MY E-MAILS, IM NEW, NOW I KNOW HOW TO USE PAYPAL. PLEASE E-MAIL ME YOUR E-MAIL ADDRESS. I CLICKED ON PAY NOW, FOR THIS IDEM, BUT THERE IS NOT AN address nor e-mail address for completetion

ME:

AGAIN.

I DO NOT accept Paypal. Copies of previous emails have been resent to you as I can only assume that you must have overlooked them to be so persistent.

My terms are very clear in the auction. Copied and pasted as below:
READ THIS FIRST! STRICTLY AMEX, DINERS CLUB, VISA OR MASTERCARD ONLY FROM BUYERS OUTSIDE AUSTRALIA. NO PAYPAL. SEE BELOW FOR MORE INFORMATION.

DO NOT BID IF YOU CANT COMPLY. IF YOU WIN AND DON'T HAVE A CREDIT CARD, THE ITEM WILL BE RELISTED, A NON-PAYING BIDDER ALERT WILL BE FILED AGAINST YOU AND NEGATIVE FEEDBACK WILL BE LEFT IF YOU TRY TO CAJOLE, PERSIST, THREATEN ETC. WE DON'T KNOW HOW TO BE MORE CLEAR - THIS IS NON-NEGOTIABLE!

Please inform me asap wether you intend to comply or wether I need to continue with ebay's non paying bidder alert system and relist the item.

LOSER:

GREETINGS ,

AS YOU SEE JUNE 17, 2004 WAS MY VERY FIRST TIME ON E-BAY.( IM NEW ) AND NEW TO PAYPAL AS WELL..

I MUST STATE YOUR NAPKINS ARE JUST BEAUTIFUL.

TO BE TRUTHFUL, PAYPAL INFORMED ME TWICE NOT TO RELEACE MY CREDIT CARDS INFORMATION OR CREDIT CARD NUMBERS TO THOSE WHO ASK,

PLEASE FORGIVE ME IF I HAVE MADE SOMEKIND OF MISTAKE UNKNOWINLY, " BEING A ROOKIE. "

IF YOU DO NOT ACCEPT PAYPAL WILL YOU SHARE WITH ME ANOTHER WAY TO PAY YOU. HOWEVER, AT THIS TIME I WILL NOT RELEASE ANY OF MY CREDIT CARD INFORMATIION OR CARD NUMBERS?

IM A HONEST AND HUMBLE PERSON, AND IM COMMUNICATING WITH YOU TO WORK THIS SITUATION OUT.

IF YOU STILL WANT ME TO PURCHASE THE WHITE NAPKINS, PLEASE E-MAIL ME YOUR DICISION.

THANK YOU

ME:

I know you are new but this does not mean I should make an exception for you. I will however give you some advice and that is to read the seller's terms very carefully before you bid. If you don't understand email and ask.

My requirement that credit card details must be faxed or emailed to me are stated in the auction as is the fact that I do not accept Paypal or any other method from overseas buyers - as well as a detailed explanation of why.

If you feel you cannot comply, then I will have no option but to file a non-paying bidder alert in order to have my fees refunded.

LOSER:

GREETINGS ,
AS YOU KNOW IM NEW AND I HAVE WON A FEW IDEMS WHICH EVERTHING WAS PAID FOR ASAP EXCEPT THIS ONE.

PAY PAL ENFORMED ME NEVER TO GIVE OUT MY CREDIT CARD INFORMATION BECAUSE
I NEED SECURITY.
PLEASE E-MAIL ME YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS AND I WILL SENT YOUR PAYMENT ASAP

ME:

CAPS LOCK NOW BECAUSE YOU JUST DON'T GET IT.

I DON'T CARE WHAT PAYPAL OR ANYBODY ELSE HAS TOLD YOU. I'M TELLING YOU I DON'T TAKE PAYPAL. IF YOU WANTED TO USE PAYPAL, YOU SHOULD NOT HAVE BID ON MY AUCTION. IT IS VERY CLEAR THAT I DO NOT ACCEPT PAYPAL. IT'S IN THE BIG RED WRITING!

I ALSO DETEST WHEN PEOPLE DO NOT USE THE "REPLY TO" FUNCTION ON EMAIL WHICH ALLOWS THEM TO CONVENIENTLY IGNORE PREVIOUS MESSAGES SPELLING OUT THE REQUIREMENTS FOR PAYMENT. IT IS OBNOXIOUS!

AGAIN. EITHER

A) FAX OR EMAIL YOUR CREDIT CARD DETAILS (I'M A LICENSED MERCHANT FOR CHRISSAKE WITH 1191 POSITIVE FEEDBACKS WHICH IS 1185 MORE THAN YOU - I MEAN WHO IS MORE AT RISK HERE REALLY??!)

B) CEASE AND DESIST FROM EMAILING ME. I WILL ASK THAT EBAY REFUND MY FEES (IT'S ONLY FAIR). YOU WON'T BE SUSPENDED PROVIDED YOU DON'T PULL THIS STUNT MORE THAN THREE TIMES. BACK OUT OF THIS GRACEFULLY NOW AND I WON'T LEAVE NEGATIVE FEEDBACK

C) KEEP EMAILING ME A LA "I'M NOT LISTENING, I'M NOT LISTENING" WITH REPEATED WHINES THAT YOU ARE NEW AND REQUESTS TO PAY VIA PAYPAL AND I WILL LEAVE YOU NEGATIVE FEEDBACK. IT WILL HURT YOU MORE THAN ME.

CHOICE IS YOURS!
Old 06-25-2004, 10:39 AM   #2
daverbee
Key Lime Pie rocks!!!

Sounds like someone who has pulled this before over and over. Ebay is full of these twerps.
I'd suggest reporting him/her/it even though you said you wouldn't.
daverbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2004, 10:45 AM   #3
madasacutsnake
no more nice girl

Like I didn't. And like she didn't give me neg back.
Old 06-25-2004, 12:52 PM   #4
Audreyvgs
Blue's Clues

at least you're getting attention I have sold 1 poster for a measly $5....and ebay just billed me $99 for my listings for the month....

http://search-desc.ebay.com/audrey-h...QsosortorderZ1

at least if somebody goes and looks here, it'll show on my hit counter. This ebay is not for the faint of ego.
Audreyvgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2004, 01:47 PM   #5
sparticle
Conspiracy Theorist

I have found, as a person whose second income is made from ebay, that it's best to work with people when you can, and be gentle with them when you can't. That's just FWIW; I have had buyers do similar things and what I do is go along with it as best I can resolve it, and if they are too much of a pain in my ass I just block them from bidding in future. My blocked bidder list is short but unchangeable. LOL

However, it sounds like this person is determined to make you go a way you were very clear up front that you wouldn't go. How I have handled a few people like this is simply not to send them their item unless they paid me by an accepted method, to refrain from any further discussion of the matter with them, and to withhold feedback until the transaction is completed. If you "neg" them up front, they will "neg" you (unfairly, but a negative is a negative) in retaliation. I've lost a few final value fees because I didn't follow up on people like this (my bad), but it's not worth the hassle to fight with them. It's really more important that you file a non-payment report with eBay than to post feedback of any kind -- they will be removed from eBay for repeated non-payment reports, whereas negative feedback often means little or nothing for a buyer.

Unfortunately, that "negative feedback" on eBay holds a lot more clout over sellers than it should. Fear of receiving a negative has stopped more than one seller from ceasing all communication with an "ineducable" bidder, especially those who take a belligerent tone. Again, FWIW, arguing with a blockhead gets you nowhere. And if they threaten you with a negative and actually do it when they don't get their way, the best response is probably simply to comment under it something like, "Non-paying bidder, Final Value Fee refunded by eBay 6/26/04." Anything else makes you look hostile and as unpleasant and/or stupid as they are.

Any time someone calls themselves an "HONEST AND HUMBLE PERSON", I would immediately question as to whether they are either. LOL
sparticle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2004, 02:24 PM   #6
Willow Sylph
monkey

Quote:
Originally posted by madasacutsnake
Like I didn't. And like she didn't give me neg back.
I cannot stand dealing with a-holes like that on ebay! I can't believe they had the nerve to give you negative feedback when your terms were clearly stated in the auction. Can unwarranted negative feedback be reneged by ebay? I hope you replied back to their negative feedback on you.
Knight 1: We are now the Knights who say.... "Ekki-Ekki-Ekki-Ekki-PTANG! Zoom-Boing! Z'nourrwringmm!"
Willow Sylph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2004, 04:09 PM   #7
Clytie
thundering is my favorite

i HATE ebay.... i bid on 2 ren dresses... some of you may remember them. they came...she listed incorrect sizes. i could fit me and about 3 other monkeys in this thing with me. now im out almost $100 GROWLS
bound by the rich red that runs coarsing
united we stand
stronger than before
able to face the dark
with hands entwined
Clytie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2004, 04:10 PM   #8
Clytie
thundering is my favorite

i did take a couple of HISTERICAL pics while engolfed in it....ill have to post them sometime for laughs
bound by the rich red that runs coarsing
united we stand
stronger than before
able to face the dark
with hands entwined
Clytie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2004, 04:46 PM   #9
Willow Sylph
monkey

Quote:
Originally posted by Clytie
i HATE ebay.... i bid on 2 ren dresses... some of you may remember them. they came...she listed incorrect sizes. i could fit me and about 3 other monkeys in this thing with me. now im out almost $100 GROWLS
Ren dresses?! Well - guess you shoulda had me make 'em for you!
Knight 1: We are now the Knights who say.... "Ekki-Ekki-Ekki-Ekki-PTANG! Zoom-Boing! Z'nourrwringmm!"
Old 06-25-2004, 04:47 PM   #10
Willow Sylph
monkey

Quote:
i did take a couple of HISTERICAL pics while engolfed in it....ill have to post them sometime for laughs
Definately!
Old 06-25-2004, 05:15 PM   #11
funkytuba
Spone to Proonerisms

Quote:
link to them in your negative feedback report
Old 06-25-2004, 09:01 PM   #12
Aphrodite
Myth Demeanour

ok a couple of things...

1. What is a ren dress?

2. Aud, I went and looked at your posters by clicking the link. (I think it was the second time I have ever gone to ebay.) I then went and did a search for you on ebay in case that increases your popularity. I love the Naples poster!!! You are so talented.

3. Madasacutsnake. Sorry you had to deal with such an ass.
Old 06-25-2004, 09:01 PM   #13
Spicy Jack
Brains! Brains!

renaissance
Spicy Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2004, 10:17 PM   #14
Aphrodite
Myth Demeanour

I love the style.

There is a store I always go to in Montreal and another in Quebec City. They are medieval and sell renaissance outfits I just drool over. The jewelry is beautiful.

Very nice. Very expensive.
Old 06-25-2004, 11:22 PM   #15
madasacutsnake
no more nice girl

Quote:
I have found, as a person whose second income is made from ebay, that it's best to work with people when you can, and be gentle with them when you can't. That's just FWIW; I have had buyers do similar things and what I do is go along with it as best I can resolve it, and if they are too much of a pain in my ass I just block them from bidding in future. My blocked bidder list is short but unchangeable.
Ebay is my first income. Has been for 7 years. I agree totally with the above and it is my general practice. FYI I generally don't neg because it hurts me as a seller more than it hurts the buyer.

Quote:
I can't believe they had the nerve to give you negative feedback when your terms were clearly stated in the auction. Can unwarranted negative feedback be reneged by ebay? I hope you replied back to their negative feedback on you.
It's a shame the ebay fb system is so buyer orientated. I've filed a non-paying bidder alert and listed my reason as "buyer did not comply with seller's terms as stated in listing" - I really feel that if ebay awards you a final value fee credit on this basis then the buyer should not be able to leave you any feedback. Ebay will not remove feedback unless it meets some very narrow requirements, usually you need a court order :-)

BTW, here are the rest of my terms:

For those of you who can't comply but who might be silly enough to still be considering bidding: DO NOT BID IF YOU CANT COMPLY. IF YOU WIN AND DON'T HAVE A CREDIT CARD, THE ITEM WILL BE RELISTED, A NON-PAYING BIDDER ALERT WILL BE FILED AGAINST YOU AND NEGATIVE FEEDBACK WILL BE LEFT IF YOU TRY TO CAJOLE, PERSIST, THREATEN ETC. WE DON'T KNOW HOW TO BE MORE CLEAR - THIS IS NON-NEGOTIABLE! DO NOT ASK TO PAY BY MONEY ORDER, PERSONAL CHECK OR CASH IN THE POST - THERE IS A $10 CONVERSION FEE WHICH EBAY DOES NOT ALLOW US TO PASS ON TO YOU. IN ADDITION, OVERSEAS PERSONAL CHECKS AND INTERNATIONAL MONEY ORDERS TAKE 42 (YES, 42!) WORKING DAYS TO CLEAR. Sorry to be so mean about it but we have had a spate of high bidders who arrogantly chose to bid anyway then threatened or left a negative feedback when they couldn't get their own way. Seems that being polite doesn't pay - frustrating and so unfair when our terms are so clearly stated.

Quote:
Any time someone calls themselves an "HONEST AND HUMBLE PERSON", I would immediately question as to whether they are either.
I was talking about this with another seller just recently. You learn after a while that some things should set off alarm bells. "Honest and humble" sent me screaming for cover. Sickly icky opening and closing roses type stuff on emails and any-one who calls themselves princess, queen or any other type of royalty. Disney characters are also dangerous. And the most dangerous of all "God Bless".

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: