JesusTitties

you dont get it because its your mom
JesusTitties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 08:49 PM   #17
auntie aubrey
excursions

Quote:
Originally Posted by skip intro View Post
So it's cool to ridicule people in trouble?
i don't know how "cool" plays into the whole thing, but it sure is funny as all shit.

i don't care about the back story. don't have to. i just think it's one of the funniest pictures i've ever seen, and every time i look at it something even more brilliant pops out at me. hell, i love the backdrop of the neighborhood. OH NOES NOW I'M LAUGHING AT TEH POVERTIES!!!!

you don't have to police the internet. just as an FYI.
Old 04-08-2008, 09:58 AM   #18
Earthling
Human User

Originally Posted by skip intro
"So it's cool to ridicule people in trouble?"
uuummmm...could be
Old 04-09-2008, 03:44 AM   #19
priceyfatprude
girthy pickles

Quote:
Originally Posted by skip intro View Post
Ok, so here's a picture of, what? A black woman(?) partially naked and standing on a telephone box with some police standing around. So, what's the situation? Well, i'd imagine that she is is some kind of distress, why else would anyone do anything like that?
No, she is standing on top of the phone booth to be out of the way. Pretty smart, hey? But it's cool that you let your imagination go there, I guess. Why is she in distress? Is it because she's black & half nekkid? Is there a chance this might be photoshopped? The mind boggles.
Quote:
She probably has mental/drug/who knows what problems.
Who doesn't?
Quote:
I wouldn't do a thing like that unless i was out of my mind, would you?
Maybe. It's not for you to impose your woulds & wouldn'ts on the rest of the world. Is it? You don't know her situation, so it's a little presumptuous of you to say what you would & would not do.
Quote:
So it's cool to ridicule people in trouble?
Sorry. Don't get it.
How is he ridiculing her? By posting her picture on the ****ing internet? I can think of 10 things that I cannot post here that would ridicule her more. She doesn't look to be in any danger or pain. She is merely standing on top of a phone booth, prolly to get a better look at whatever is going on.

I mean yay for you for standing up for the underdog & all but I hope that if you were to encounter one IRL you would do the same, after you were sure of the situation.

In conclusion I would like to say, "Jesus Titties: He Rang The Doorbell, Didn't He?"
priceyfatprude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 11:28 AM   #20
Peregrine
Bird of Prey

About a half a klick from here, there's a pedestrian overpass spanning over a four lane highway. The whole thing is surrounded by fencing, to make a sort of protective cage. A couple years ago, on election day as it happens, the highway was blocked off, and the police set up detours off the highway because some guy decided to climb up on top of the cage. When I saw him, I thought it was a jumper.

But it turns out that it was a guy who was denied custody of his children by the provincial court. He picketed outside the provincial building years back, for months at a time. But I guess he lost his appeal or something, and decided one day to climb up on top of the overpass with his little picket sign as a way of protest.

That's what I thought of when I saw the picture. A woman standing on top of a phone booth without any pants on for some unknown reason. Maybe she was protesting something. I don't go to protests myself very often, but when I do, I usually keep my pants on, but still, that could be the case here. I certainly didn't think that she was on drugs, or mentally disturbed. Although that could be the case.

It is what it is. And so is whatever reaction we happen to have towards it. Amusement, confusion, compassion, pity... whatever. It is what it is, and that's really all I can think of to say about it.
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 12:06 PM   #21
Frieda
in limbo

it was probably nopantsday.

oh yeah
Frieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 12:50 PM   #22
auntie aubrey
excursions

^ that's the best day of the week. although my employer disagrees.
Old 04-09-2008, 01:03 PM   #23
JesusTitties

JesusTitties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 01:12 PM   #24
Avalon

Re: on top of the world.

Awesome.
I can honestly say I have never seen anyone look more serene, proud, and, literally, above it all...let alone someone surrounded by cops. She's the only one who isn't worried What ever was going on, I hope she came out the winner.

I award her this sign:

in other news:

I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it.
Groucho Marx
Avalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 08:23 AM   #25
YsaPur EsChomuw
oi

YsaPur EsChomuw is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: