ZEFRANK.COM - message board  

Go Back   ZEFRANK.COM - message board > FAST CHAT
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 16 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 10-02-2002, 04:20 PM   #1
zenbabe
Lollypop!

Lightbulb Help, My apartment is haunted!

Ok, so I am super freaked out. I have a ghost in my apartment and need to find out how to get rid of it. I completely locked up the other night and went to bed. I got up a little later to get a glass of water and the smell of garlic in my kitchen was so much that my eyes were burning, it was like someone had crushed 30 lbs of garlic. I thought it was strange but figured someone was doing some late night cooking or something. So I go back to bed and lock my bedroom door as always. About 5 minutes later, my door swings open, hits the wall and bounces back almost closing. I start to panic at this point thinking someone is in the house. I wait about 5 minutes, holding a hammer, waiting for someone to come in. Nothing. about 10 minutes later, I go downstairs and check the entire apartment. Nothing. And the garlic smell is completely gone!! The next day, I leave for work and forgot something, so I come back in and the bathroom now has the garlic smell and the living room smelled like old ladies perfume. So I ran out and don't know what to do now. Does anyone know how to get rid of ghosts????????
zenbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2002, 04:51 PM   #2
DarkPadawan
monkey

Zen - I don't know how to get rid of ghosts but I have heard people say that asking "them" to stop doing something will often work. For instance, when your door comes swinging open, simply ask in a calm voice to please not do that again because it frightens you. From everything I've read or heard, most ghosts are not malevolent and are simply going about their business and that sometimes crosses paths with our business.
Old 10-02-2002, 05:14 PM   #3
zenbabe
Lollypop!

Yeah, but by that time, I have already soiled myself!! But it is worth a shot, thanks!!
Old 10-02-2002, 05:24 PM   #4
lapietra
half baked

How COOL!!! I wish *I* had a ghost...

Sounds like you've got a granny ghost who's either trying to protect you from vampires or to get you to eat Italian! Of course, grannies used to be young women... and the stuff that smells like old lady perfume now was young lady perfume then...
Have you lived there long? Maybe she was your age when she died & she's trying to make friends with you... I used to have roommates that would wake me up in the middle of the night to talk... maybe that's what she was doing.

Anyway - gentle communication is *always* the best solution, whether you're talking to live people or not!
Old 10-02-2002, 05:36 PM   #5
zenbabe
Lollypop!

No, I have only lived there for a couple of months. I havn't unpacked because I am planning on moving again soon, so it is pretty cramped. I was reading that feng shui has something to do with ghosts, so maybe this broad is irked that I haven't got my chi flowing or something, anywho, a friend is coming over and we are going to burn some sage. It is all I can think of at the moment, and maybe try to get some feng shui going. I don't get the garlic thing at all!!
Old 10-02-2002, 07:14 PM   #6
lapietra
half baked

Garlic is extremely healthy, and has been used for centuries to combat illness and to defend against various types of evil spirits. Here's a couple of links:
ivillage.co.uk: The health benefits of garlic
This is a really good one - check out the paragraph titled "Spiritual uses of garlic":
Garlic: Not just for vampire protection

One theory about ghosts (on which a couple of recent movies have been based) is that they don't realize they're not alive - your ghost might think *you're* ghost, and might be trying to get rid of you!!! Or maybe she was very ill and ate a lot of garlic...

Here's one more site I came across...
Ohio Paranormal Investigation Network Ghost Help Center

Good luck!
Old 10-02-2002, 07:21 PM   #7
AllegroNg
What I Am Wearing.

WHO YOU GONNA CALL??!
AllegroNg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2002, 07:33 PM   #8
zenbabe
Lollypop!

Hey, great link! I guess my friend and I are set for the ghost intervetion later, got some sage to burn and some good idea's, and of course some wine!! The ghost doesnt seem to be to harmfull, just smells like garlic, which I can never get enough of, it would just be nice if this broad left behind some dinner or something though...
Old 10-02-2002, 09:01 PM   #9
StellaWanders
monkey

I hate to be the one who brings the bad news, but...
It's not that easy to get rid of ghosts. If they don't want to leave, they won't. Yes, I'm speaking from experience. The building I work in is an old prison that used to carry out the death penalty (we use it for much happier things now). As you can imagine, there are quite a few extra souls that hang around, often causing trouble. There's been heaps of "ghostbusters" and the like through to "cleanse the space", but to no avail. In the particularly active spots I just announce my arrival and my intentions and then go about my business...it's still creepy though.
Oh, and good luck!
StellaWanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2002, 12:22 PM   #10
PHPGoddess
It gives me the jibblies.

Gas Problems?

I hate to sound like a stick in the mud..but there's another possibility. Do you have any gas lines anywhere in your house? Because natural gas doesn't have an actual smell to it. So in case you have leaks..they actually ADD that smell to it that you associate with gas. And one of the smells that it often smells like is GARLIC. I don't know about the door thing. But you might want to check for gas leaks. That's the safe thing to do
Old 10-03-2002, 07:10 PM   #11
zenbabe
Lollypop!

I HAVE GAS!!

OMG, That is so right on target, maybe it isn't a ghost at all, this place is temporary and such a rathole, the heater emits heat when the heater isn't even on, all the time, so the place is always roasting, I know there is a gas leak!! The stove does it too!! That has to be it!! I guess I better not light up any cigs in the hizouse!!
Old 10-03-2002, 09:04 PM   #12
Frieda
in limbo

wow if it really is gas you should be so terribly careful! omg! let someone check for a gas leak!

oh yeah
writing blahs
Frieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2002, 10:40 AM   #13
Enqrypzion
Runaway clone

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM so much for the ghost-idea.. still leaves me wondering how your door opened suddenly though
Notice: Your submission is welcomed and encouraged. All questions submitted are reviewed by me. I will make every effort to respond to your question. However, due to the volume of questions I receive, I regret that you may not receive a personal response.
Enqrypzion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2002, 01:43 PM   #14
Kerstique

a friend of mine had a door open and close itself in front of her earlier this week, with no one else around. I thought it was a ghost for sure but she thinks her telekinesis is acting up. I had a case of magical powers for a few weeks in July, so I guess she can too.
Kerstique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2002, 02:37 PM   #15
PHPGoddess
It gives me the jibblies.

Here's whatcha do

Zenbabe,
Don't even bother with your landlord. The gas company will come out for free to check for leaks. If they are outside the piping of the house they'll fix it for free. If it's inside the house your landlord will get billed. But go thru them

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: