Go Back   ZEFRANK.COM - message board > FAST CHAT
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 04-27-2006, 01:53 PM   #16
lapietra
half baked

According to some - these guys are pretty lucky -

And if he's not lucky, he's awful cute.

Hope everything goes smoothly! Toi toi toi!

Last edited by lapietra : 04-27-2006 at 01:57 PM.
lapietra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 02:01 PM   #17
zero
ª ★ ª

peas
zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 12:12 AM   #18
trisherina
meretricious dilettante

"good luck"

Quote:
Originally Posted by karma_queen
(it's a muslim lucky number. i believe it's something to do with the number of religious writings or something.... correct me if i'm wrong, which i probably am )
Quote:
The innovation of writing “786” at the top of a document or a letter replacing the holy words of Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem has, unfortunately, been a common practice for a long time by the majority of the Ummah, specially by the Urdu speaking Muslims in the Indian subcontinent.

Apart from common folk, the scholars also pay no attention to it and to avoid disrespect to the holy words they often use it with the intention of seeking the Divine blessings through this number. They believe it a “correct” and “better” way to follow the Prophet’s command to begin a work in the name of Allah. They have even started writing this number at the top of their houses, offices and business establishments, etc. Unfortunately, this tradition is gradually being passed on from one generation to another.

But, do we see this number in place of the holy words of Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem in the holy Qur’an? Or, can we write it there as well? Can we remove these holy words from the top of Surah Fatiha and replace it with the number 786? Obviously not.

If we study the holy Qur’an, we see it carries the holy words in a letter from Prophet Sulaiman (Pbuh) to the Queen of Sheeba-Bilqis - who was an infidel at that time. Even Prophet Muhammad (Pbuh), in his letters to different non-Muslims kings, Knights, and heads of states and governments, used the holy words at the top. Therefore, whosoever uses 786 with the intention of obtaining the Divine blessings is a misguided person and any attempt to justify it is based on ignorance, innovation or blind following of the practices of his ancestors.

Islam’s foundation is laid on the belief in Tauhid (Oneness of God). If we associate anyone with Allah’s exalted names orally or practically, we would be committing blasphemy which is an unpardonable sin.

The holy Qur’an warns us: “One who finds a rival against Allah, Allah will never allow him to enter paradise, and his abode is hell.”

The letters by Prophet Muhammad (Pbuh) to non-Muslim kings and chiefs bore the holy words Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem. This was also the case of his noble companions. Did the Prophet (Pbuh) and his companions respect the holy words less than us?

Was the verse, “Today I have completed your religion for you”, revealed to the Prophet (Pbuh), or to the so called scholars of our age, who seem to be bent on amending Divine principles and traditions deliberately or inadvertently?

Now, when it became clear that “786” has no significance, whatsoever, in the holy Qur’an and the Sunnah of the Prophet (Pbuh), it is obviously an innovation and goes against the Divine doctrine of “Obey Allah and His Prophet.”

Similarly, some Muslims replace Allah’s name by the number “786” and the Prophet’s name by “92”. But if one may ask “ If the number “420” is used against somebody’s name and he is called “Mr 420”, would he take it lying down?

Calling someone by a nick name is a sin. Allah says; “Do not call one another by nick names.” If Allah prohibits the use of nick names for fellow human beings, how can He allow the use of such insulting replacement number for Himself and His noble Prophet (Pbuh)?

Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem carries great significance in the holy Qur’an and the Sunnah, and the Muslims are ordered not to begin any work but in the name of Allah; not in the number of “786”, or any other substitution.
trisherina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 01:37 PM   #19
lapietra
half baked

Quote:
Originally Posted by trisherina
But if one may ask “ If the number “420” is used against somebody’s name and he is called “Mr 420”, would he take it lying down?
I sure wouldn't. Don't you dare call me "Mr 420". Grrrr.
Old 05-08-2006, 03:08 PM   #20
12"razormix
° ★ °

any luck, ambo?
12"razormix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 03:20 PM   #21
dinzdale
King of the špatnýs

For good luck my grandmother used to say "Wardrobe, Pigeon, Vampire, Hat-stand",

But then again, she was completely fvcking loopy by the end......
dinzdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 03:22 PM   #22
LeahDear
monkey

Old 05-08-2006, 11:00 PM   #23
ambo
feline, naturally

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12"razormix
any luck, ambo?
Thanks for asking!
It's been a week of sheer hell, but (and I hesitate to jinx it by saying this) it looks like things may be coming together. Still too much to do though, and so little time to do it. And so much that can still go wrong.

I know, glass half full............

P.S. Thanks everyone for the good luck charms. Love your flowers Lala. You would love my (ahem) soon to be new yard.
Old 05-09-2006, 12:09 AM   #24
sparticle
Conspiracy Theorist

Tibetan monks' sand painting. They take days to assemble it and then destroy it when they are finished as a lesson that change is inevitable.

Not sure what all this has to do with luck, but it's kind of a little encouragement to hang in there and go with the flow. Good luck to you.

-- trisherina
sparticle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 01:16 AM   #25
ambo
feline, naturally

Thanks Sparty!
Old 05-09-2006, 02:03 AM   #26
Brynn
constantly amazed

In the old days, I used to write down the following formula on paper for anything I was pursuing, read it aloud to myself, then tuck it away somewhere and then "forget" about it. I guess it was a kind of prayer to myself. I often got wonderful results! It's really cool to stumble upon these bits of paper years later, tucked away into journals.

"I want (to be able to go to Spain to see my best friend)
I need (to be able to go to Spain to see my best friend)
I deserve (to be able to go to Spain to see my best friend)
I will (be able to go to Spain to see my best friend)"

The very best blessings to you Ambo, and Coffee too!
Brynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 03:59 PM   #27
ambo
feline, naturally

I want to live in California.
I need to live in California.
I deserve to live in California.
I will live in California.

Ooooo, I can feel the heat already! Thanks Brynn.

Hey Coffee, are you all moved in?
Old 05-09-2006, 04:00 PM   #28
rmr

i thought you lived in california??

good luck anyway!!!
rmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 04:01 PM   #29
ambo
feline, naturally

Well, hopefully before too long, you will be right!
Old 05-09-2006, 04:03 PM   #30
zero
ª ★ ª

good luck ambo in your search for a happy
zero is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: