« crazy robot vehicle | Main | net neutrality »

May 2, 2006

i want to see this

Wisconsin Medical Society - Savant Profile, Stephen Wiltshire

film title: (Beautiful Minds: A Voyage Into the Brain)

That is amazing! When I have a free minute (yea, right) I'm going to watch the film.

btw, I notice a new font this morning...
AND, I'm impressed that you continue to add links here despite the time it must take you to do your show everyday. You have a lot of energy ze.
You inspire me.

Posted by: mama_art [TypeKey Profile Page] at May 3, 2006 7:14 AM

Did you find this via Slate as well? I ran into it yesterday and was absolutely fascinated.

Posted by: Lainey at May 3, 2006 1:54 PM

surf the rest of the page. ThereĀ“s more amazing stuff os these amazing individuals.

Posted by: LaLe at May 3, 2006 2:48 PM

ze, are you censoring our comments?

Isn't censorship one of the topics you rail about in your show? Just checking...

Posted by: mama_art [TypeKey Profile Page] at May 4, 2006 1:04 PM

The artwork is amazing - search on Google for his website and look at some of the original artwork that he has for sale. His sense of perspective is so acute that the picture seems to pull you right into it. Pretty cool.

Posted by: Ginny at May 4, 2006 4:03 PM

mama_art:

the comments aren't censored, but i approve them manually because of problems with SPAM.

as a side note though, i'm a bit confused by your premise that you have "rights" in this space. I do talk about censorship, but usually in the context of governmental censorship. personally, although i don't do so actively, i reserve the right to exclude comments if i find them offensive or innapropriate. A feedback technology, in this case Comments, does not automatically imply democracy.

Posted by: ze frank at May 5, 2006 1:42 AM

ze,
i think i offended you with my censorship question. your response was a little snarky, or so it "read". i'm actually a fan of yours and did not mean to ruffle any feathers. i was just genuinely surprised that comments were suddenly being "approved" by you... it was something new and i wondered why. i hadn't noticed any particulary rude comments being posted so i didn't realized that it was a problem. i wasn't assuming i had any rights in regards to your space.

Posted by: mama_art [TypeKey Profile Page] at May 8, 2006 12:05 PM

Well my autistic daughter is no savant, but she LOVES your site!

The interactive toys keep her entertained for long periods, especially the flowers and kalidascope types.

If I sent you some of her computer paint drawings, would you make another memory game with them?

Posted by: Denise at May 9, 2006 9:18 PM

The capabilities of the human mind are amazing. It is astonishing to think how little of our fullest potential we actually use. Just think this man is labeled as mentally handicapped. Also Ze I love the point you raise about "assumed" rights. You are always thinking for me; keep up the good work.

Posted by: Rob [TypeKey Profile Page] at May 10, 2006 6:31 AM

Its kind of depressing. All the people learning art, architecture and design in college - and this guy is still so young and he can do an actual photo-realistic super awesome rendition of the whole of frikkin Rome! It makes you think - anyone should be able to activate their brains to that extent, surely?? If one person can do it - someone else can do better. Thats just scary for the rest of us "normal" people. I think evolution took a bit of a detour!

Posted by: Ola at May 11, 2006 12:25 PM