« earth sandwich | Main | i'm proud of you. »

May 19, 2006

take care the laws be executed faithfully

Bush challenges hundreds of laws - The Boston Globe

an interesting article on signing statements

tags: my $keywords = "signing statements, bush, presidential powers"; my @split_keywords = split(/,\s*/, $keywords); my $split_keyword; foreach $split_keyword (@split_keywords) { print ' '; }

Ze, you knows I loves ya, baby.

But the next time you have me, first thing in the morning, witness an old white man circle jerk, I'll come back to The City, handcuff you to a handy pipe, and jam Magnolia Cupcakes down your throat until you scream for insulin.

Actually, that sounds kinda fun.

Can I go second?

xoxo

Mollena

Posted by: Mollena at May 19, 2006 11:34 AM

I don't see the problem: He's executing laws left and right. The article says so far he's executed over 750 of 'em.

It's not that different than being Gov'ner of Texas, only you're executing the laws instead of the people (where 'instead' means 'as well as').

Posted by: Kevin Fox [TypeKey Profile Page] at May 19, 2006 11:57 AM

Thanks for posting this. Unreal eh?

Posted by: Slice / Morgyn at May 19, 2006 1:38 PM

"We're gonna party like it's nine-teen-eeeiiighty-six!"

Posted by: Rocco [TypeKey Profile Page] at May 19, 2006 3:48 PM

Scary.

Posted by: Annie at May 20, 2006 1:04 PM

Oh. My. God.
He's become an uncontrollable dictator and no one knows it nor can seem to stop it. What did we do to deserve this? We're no better than any of the countries we've been so fond of deriding, and it's getting to be the red scare all over again.
I don't believe it.

Posted by: Lilana at May 20, 2006 1:10 PM

Thanks for posting this link, Ze. Oof! I finally got around to reading this after seeing the link when uploading my sandwich. I've been trying to wrap me little head around how Bush can stare so blankly at the camera and declare that he isn't breaking the law every time he shows disregard for private life or just human life in general.

It's still amazing to me that the American public (in general) continue to allow Bush free reign because of 9/11 or that they really just want that tax cut. The 3 branches of government are supposed to act kind of like the game Rock, Paper, Scissors (pardon me for being so damn naive, but I can still dream). Bush seems to feel that his rock both crushes scissors and rips up paper, and that these acts imbue the rock with more ability to crush and rip. Go ahead congress, pass your little law; I'll sign it, congratulate you, and then add my own caveats. Hey, supreme court, go ahead and make your decisions, but you can't touch me, because I have put my inerpretation in stone. heh heh heh

I hope that others who send their pics notice the articles for which you've provided links. I remember reading one poster who wondered if there was a space for those who would engage each other. i'll have to send him this way, and send him over to onegoodmove. heck; I'm already signed in; I'll send you that link as well.

ciao

Posted by: gypsy sister [TypeKey Profile Page] at May 21, 2006 11:45 AM

i knew kids who played games like bush when i was little. they would follow the rules, sure, but they would always modify them so that no matter what you did, you lost. they didnt break any rules, they just bent them, bent them, and bent them so much it ended up being confusing why the rules were even there in the first place.

these kids are the ones no one liked. so why does anyone still like bush?

Posted by: tigaj at May 21, 2006 4:24 PM

Isn't this how fascism starts?

I wish you were The Decider.

Posted by: Swedenborg Space [TypeKey Profile Page] at May 23, 2006 10:05 AM

thank you for sharing.

~a

Posted by: amanda [TypeKey Profile Page] at May 24, 2006 11:20 PM

Sorry. I love your site ,but can't take anything the Washingon Post or NYtimes seriously. They are much to bias and contriversial. I will trust God to keep us safe or shape us as he sees fit. Not Bush or any mortal man. Our leaders need our prayers to execute thier jobs in a just manner. We all spend to much time hating Bush or fearing him that we forget to pray for him and our contry. I realize this is no comfort to the athiest or non christians. Blessings with Christ,
Mintavia

Posted by: mintavia at July 15, 2006 1:39 PM

Mintavia, God doesn't like it when you sass Ze, so knock it off..
As for the President, I used to like to think of myself as the kind of person who would belong to an armed resistance movement in the event of dictatorial control occuring in our counrty, but now I see that when it happens so slowly, you barely realize all your liberties have eroded away...and poof! Good thing I acquired weapons ages ago :)

Posted by: Kate at July 27, 2006 10:49 AM