« atheoanarchist | Main | happy week »

September 13, 2006

mmmmm

del 9 - jacknuggeted

wow: golf balls lost in the woods have such a full and varied life!

music's hip, too.

Posted by: Debbie's Easy [TypeKey Profile Page] at September 13, 2006 2:01 PM

I wish I understood my melancholy reaction to this and the little girl giant. You know when you get a promise from a loved one that you've been wanting, maybe trying to coax out of them, for a long time? It's wonderful and welcome, and sadly untrue.

Posted by: Haikumama at September 13, 2006 2:30 PM

It seemed very bittersweet to me, too. Reminiscent of autumn, beginnings, endings, happiness, sadness.

That said, I'm not sure I got it...

Posted by: girlie_sportsfacer at September 13, 2006 3:04 PM

Is this really Ze's site this is on? Did Ze fall on his head? I kept waiting for something to explode, get hit by birdpoop or something irreverent to happen. What's up, has Zee gone soft?

Posted by: A Ze fan at September 13, 2006 3:30 PM

Um, Ze is not always irreverent and silly (I love those things; don't get me wrong).

Posted by: girlie_sportsracer at September 13, 2006 3:34 PM

Ew, rilly? 'N' how kin ya' tell?

Not yet a scholar of Ze but my
studies show that even when Ze's
material is
"Earnest" ,
"Important", even
"Topical",
it seems Ze clearly has obscure reasons
that he is afraid to share for
liking the fact hat the terrorists
have already won.
I am sure you believe me when I say
even Ze would have to agree, or he
would lose all his emotional investment
in obscurity.

Posted by: hilarleo at September 13, 2006 4:05 PM

...don't believe - and here i could be very very very wrong - ze was part of the original delicious9. nor am i sure of whether or not he has collaborated with them.

sorta think he just likes their work.

i know i do.

Posted by: Debbie's Easy at September 13, 2006 5:11 PM

wow, that was weird.
or maybe i'm just stoned.

Posted by: cookiemonster at September 14, 2006 5:01 AM

The dude that does the music (Manitoba) plays those videos behind him when he plays live. And he plays LOUDLY. He was forced to change the name to Caribou a few years ago, and under that moniker released all of those quirky little videos on a DVD called Marino. Get it - it's amazing. And Caribou kicks all SORTS of ass.

Posted by: stephen k at September 14, 2006 9:08 AM

That was Amazing!!! I started the day with the whole giant girl thing, and that wasn't really what I had in mind as soon as I got up. Don't get me wrong, I mean, the giant girl weeing in the woods, playing with the normal kids and getting her shoes put on by adults a fraction of her size could possibly boost her morale somewhere down the line- maybe she might even believe she is a real girl someday. But when I saw THIS video! Oh man! It really made my day! These cosmo-people really know how to have a good time! they're jus' chillin' on the Earth, like it's some kinda playground to enjoy (huh, get that.) and when they find the happy peacefulness they were looking for- they blast off again because THAT'S what they were MENT to do! I jus' wish that they took me with them. Oh well.

Posted by: SometimesTheFurTurnsBrown [TypeKey Profile Page] at September 14, 2006 10:14 AM

this reminds me of some books i read when i was young, about people who lived on the moon who were called "Moonsters" they all had big round heads, and the stories were always bitter-sweet or sweet-scary or sweet-something but never too entirely sweet. bravo!

Posted by: ergo at September 14, 2006 2:40 PM

I think Ze probably likes it because it involves drawing on top of film. like the original film inspiration for sketch. Ze likes him some of that non-photorealistic rendering. e.g. http://www.red3d.com/cwr/npr/

Posted by: Theo at September 14, 2006 3:28 PM

i love that song... i was happy to find it here. thank you.

Posted by: keith at September 15, 2006 7:21 PM

Posted by: archer at September 16, 2006 10:06 AM

My cousin makes those films. I'm amazed and proud that something from a little (but great) company in Dublin has travelled to you, Ze.

Posted by: Cáit at September 18, 2006 1:53 PM

The Ze I know is all about trans relational emoto-humanitarianism and the unexpected gestures of openness. but having said that, the direction of Ze is obviously also above all such havingness. any such gestures to post-event identity and identifications belie volumes of criticism- or "looking backwards" -as the fuuristic forward-learning of the artist in service to his utopia is the ultimate alternate disassociation from; a self-absorbing realized artiste who's identity/dream is unfolding from an interior edge of the original post-pale zen deep quiet perceptions. awareness of Ze as the actual 'real' man lets me be secure that I know I'm who I'm thinking I am rather just another butterfly doing the butterfly think. Through the practices of awareness of the actual meaning of Ze-n [a-ha] I have accessed the relative realms of "freedom" into the dimensionless dementias of true awareness of his ultimately intimate no-self. Thank you for this space into your life.
A HA