« disturbing but beautiful | Main | rocketbooming »

October 22, 2006

really excellent idea

Jonathan Coulton : Songs

Coulton is a genius troubadour who recently finished the song a week project...just like it sounds...take a listen.

very inspiring.

Coulton's at University of Baltimore tonight (10/23) Along with John Hodgeman (The Daily Shows Resident Expert & "The PC" Guy) along with David Reese (Get Your War On/MNFTIU). See you there.

Posted by: Mr. Matt at October 23, 2006 11:20 AM

I've been hooked on JoCo's stuff for yea about a month now. Free distribution of songs is a revolutionary marketing model, where people can pay however much they think a song is worth the priviledge of listening to. If you like his stuff, please donate to help keep him going.

And writing a song a week every week for a year rediculously challenging.. I don't know how he retained his sanity.

Posted by: Seizure at October 23, 2006 7:10 PM

There was just a great interview with him on "The Sound of Young America" radio show

Posted by: Adam at October 23, 2006 8:08 PM

Every party I've DJ'd has given an uproariously joyful reaction when I put on Coulton's versions of "Baby's Got Back" or "Bills Bills Bills." Not only are they funny, but they are quite great covers as well.

Posted by: Consumatron.com [TypeKey Profile Page] at October 24, 2006 2:20 AM

My family loves Code Monkey. Great for tech geeks.

Posted by: Erik Schark at October 24, 2006 1:43 PM

I just met Jonathan when he was in Milwaukee and bought his THING A WEEK-- TWO cd. It's great! Definitely worth checking out.

Posted by: Lisa Marie at October 28, 2006 2:36 PM

He is great, isn't he? We discovered him recently and my daughter cannot get enough of his "Creepy Doll" song.

Posted by: Dona at October 29, 2006 8:42 AM

JoCo is absolutely amazing. Just awesome, plain and simple.

Posted by: citysnidget at November 1, 2006 2:31 PM

Good stuff. Worth supporting and good music to boot. Thanks for the tip Ze. You da man once again

Posted by: BUX Dude at November 3, 2006 5:38 PM