« appreciation | Main | There was a big sex. »

March 20, 2007

slowly

i'll be working on the archive and documentation of the show over the coming weeks :: just put together a page for :: the show with zefrank :: popular shows

sweet!

Posted by: Duncan at March 20, 2007 3:05 PM

no dvd? and will the show go offline in two weeks? thanks for all the work you've put into the show, even after the video logs have stopped.

Posted by: Karan at March 20, 2007 3:06 PM

Wow, looking at that array makes me realize just how impressive the run was. Bravo.

Posted by: kurt at March 20, 2007 3:30 PM

Thanks, Ze.

I think you're going to get a zillion (more) DVD comments/emails/posts in the near future. Not that I'm an expert, but here's my two cents on the DVD issue:

Don't do a comprehensive DVD. The website is still here and people can still come watch it. Do an edited "Best Of" type of DVD. Add some commentary. That's what we'll want to help create that feeling of newness and wonder that we experienced with The Show. And wait. There's a magic length of time after the show to wait, and that length is 16 months.

That being said, who the hell am I to give advice? I outta shut myself up...

Posted by: Chris Norris at March 20, 2007 3:47 PM

Thanks for that!
Personally, I don't see any point in a DVD. I'd leave it all the way it is here. It's perfect. Archives are a good idea, though.

Posted by: sandwitch box at March 20, 2007 4:00 PM

If you made a DVD, I'd buy it (:

Posted by: valtastic at March 20, 2007 4:31 PM

Thanks. This needs to be preserved.

Posted by: wosepedals at March 20, 2007 5:46 PM

aw, the duckie's eye is closed now ... thanks for doing the archiving ze

Posted by: stevegeek at March 20, 2007 6:34 PM

Does anybody remember the episode with 'Bone Saw' and her kick-ass power move? I'd like to see that again, and I'm glad she made the final tribute montage.......'Bone Saw' rules!

Posted by: M.J. Devlin at March 20, 2007 7:08 PM

Posted by: rumoko at March 20, 2007 8:26 PM

Heck, just post all of them. :)

Posted by: Jackie at March 20, 2007 8:36 PM

I thought I could handle it, but I've missed the show so much this week. Thanks for such a great year.

Posted by: TheGirl at March 20, 2007 11:13 PM

Sadly absent from the best-of shows gallery is 06-16-06. Ok, now you hate me for reminding everyone, but that show is a permanent cure for sadness. I watch it, and I'm instantly giggling with glee. The best part is not even The Towel, but the helplessly unguarded existential inquiry past the 4th wall, about whether this is a show. Also the unguarded snorting and vaguely quack-like eruptions of laughter. Ze, even on your worst day you were the best, and to me, you ARE a giant.

Posted by: LainyBug at March 20, 2007 11:42 PM

I have to say that I saw your spiel on procrastination awhile ago, and thought it was quite brilliant. Then today, I watched a bunch of your older shows and thought; how were you able to give people gold on a day to day basis? You are my new hero!

Posted by: Matthew James at March 21, 2007 2:42 AM

hi ze,

don't know if this is OT or not, but I just wanted to ask if it was still possible to join the forum, or if that was going away too?

(yes, I am one of those silly n00bs who discovered the show very late and tried to register even as it was ending.)

I even wrote a song about it for some of the sports racers who seemed to be suffering from a touch of baby duck syndrome.

(well... not really. I actually just added some verses to one of yours.) I figured they could hum it to themselves, if they liked.

why does everything have to change?
you wish it just all would stay the same
i don't get this comments game
why does everything have to change?

where did all these new/viewers come from?
don't they know the show's said and done?
I wish they'd just go back where they came from
why does everything have to change?

there's more, but that's probably plenty... ;-) If it's possible to wake up the forum registration gnome so that I can get an activation email, that would be cool - if not, that's cool too.

either way - thank you ze. I may have been late to the party, but it was still a hell of a party and I appreciate you sharing it. thanks again.

Posted by: metonym at March 21, 2007 5:20 AM

I'm hoping for a DVD, personally...and a CD would be awesome, too! "Ze's Greatest Hits!"

Posted by: Annie at March 21, 2007 7:52 AM

Awesome! Perfect place to go for a The Show fix. Thanks for this and everything, Ze.

Posted by: Jess at March 21, 2007 9:48 AM

Thanks for that. Fear not -- we have Bone Saw on our side :-D

Posted by: M.J. Devlin at March 21, 2007 2:19 PM

we're so glad you're still there, ze. missing you has brought up another "lesson learned" - this addressing the audience in the 2nd person familiar. jon stewart and steve colbert can't do it, their audience is are like fans in the stands, on the sidelines.
internet entertainment allows the entertainer to give the audience a deeper sense of connection to the star. its weird that we all feel close to you, but its also brilliant on your part. I watched some of the very early episodes that I hadn't seen - you address the "you" - but even on your site . . . the little messages to 'you'. Wow! did you know how brilliant this was when you were doing it? I suspect you may have just been being coy, at first?

Posted by: sfturtle at March 21, 2007 2:37 PM

Ze- I really think that you should release a sound track. God knows I'd listen to it everywhere. Thanks again for everything! I dont think I'll every be able to say thank you enough.

Posted by: Lindsay at March 21, 2007 2:51 PM

work this is my fav. of all.
Thanks again Ze

Posted by: lm at March 21, 2007 6:30 PM

I'm still sad. :(

But thanks so much for doing all this work.

Posted by: girlie_sportsracer at March 21, 2007 7:14 PM

Good day Ze Frank,

... Good times, Ze. I support the DVD idea, that would be nice, but that's kind of defeating the purpose of the show- a web experiment.

I hope you continue to post, Ze...

TeraLink Was Here!

P.S. Check those iTunes video podcasts / vlogs / vodcasts thingamajiggers- the last two episodes have glitchy audio (At least for me).

Posted by: TeraLink at March 21, 2007 7:48 PM

So, I probably should have put this as a comment for the last show but I think that I have been trying to passive aggressively deal with the end of the show by ignoring it.

I'm sorry.

So I was thinking of how to adequately thank you for the past year and a scene from "Waiting for Guffman" popped into my brain.

It is from the end of the movie just after they are done their performance and Steve who works in the store jumps to his feet is clapping his hands maniacally and screaming like a crazed teenage girl "CCCOOORRRKKKYYY" "COOORRRKKKYY"

So Ze know that right now I am giving you a standing ovation of that caliber. oh maybe I shouldn't have done that while my housemate is trying to sleep.

Thanks again.

Karne

Posted by: karne at March 21, 2007 11:12 PM

I think the subtle change in the ducky on the top of the archives page is adorable.

Posted by: Emily at March 22, 2007 10:49 PM

The Show has become my phantom limb.

See you all on the The ORG.

Thanks again, Ze.