« remarkable career | Main | yes »

May 30, 2007

on well-chosen foes

The Importance of Being Hated

Just installed the new phpbb. Among the new social networking features included are the ability not only to build a network of friends but also a network of foes.
Foes are the new friends?

Posted by: AJC at May 30, 2007 2:56 PM

I've got my head around the nemesis and archenemy signs, but what if I need to identify my doppelganger? Other than speaking recieved english like an aristocrat, I don't know what to look for!

Posted by: Ben at May 30, 2007 3:43 PM

"Women intrinsically understand human dynamics."

But certainly this is not meaning to say they can know anything about online communities... is it?

*smirk*

(actually, it was more of a *muhuahuahua!*)

/shakes head, walks away giggling

Posted by: gifa at May 30, 2007 5:25 PM

Exactly, man. Like that scene in the bible when Jesus confronts the Devil in the desert with a blowtorch and ninja throwing stars. Or when Buddha took out that whole army with merely a glock and a pitiful P-90. And Gandhi slaughtered all of those Brits with atomic bombs. Ya, one must have and destroy formidable foes to be great. Uh….wait a second….maybe it’s in how one :handles: “enemies” and lives one’s life that shows greatness?

I *love* comic books, truly, but it seems that perhaps this fellow should read something else once in a while :D I mean, everyone knows there’s no such thing as an enemy…don’t they? But in a bitter, cynical sort of way, it was an entertaining article :)

Posted by: kaninchen at May 30, 2007 5:54 PM

love klosterman.
always have.
always will.
wicked good choice, buddy.

Posted by: bliss at May 30, 2007 7:10 PM

I always thought ze should ahve worked an arch enemy/nemesis into the show. something more concrete than hard chargers. a specific person or character he could interact with. damn I miss the show

Posted by: scott at May 31, 2007 1:39 AM

how does this fantastic post only manage to garner 6 comments. Gotta love the ck. I have a shitty blog and sometimes family members leave more than 6 comments.

Jeez. I hope ck doesn't get pissed and kill anyone.

Posted by: romius t at June 10, 2007 12:19 PM

OHHH!! This is so wonderful! Although speculative, I fully agree with placing the blame on Superman for Batman's alcoholism. Ha HA HA Ha!!

Posted by: Brecca at June 12, 2007 6:17 PM