« yes | Main | "and you are my fellow americans" »

May 31, 2007

snowflakes out of a dog's butt

jan von holleben - dreams of flying :: i especially like this one and this one. (thanks bumblebee)

what fun!

children as pirates? flying?
so up my ally.

reminds me of the whimsical work of Buckley Smith

Posted by: Lady Leary at May 31, 2007 2:22 PM

Wow! These are great! a very nice mix of the real and the impossible.

Posted by: Astro Boy at May 31, 2007 2:49 PM

Those are wonderful.

Posted by: Tana at May 31, 2007 3:57 PM

That's a nice find -- I appreciate you telling us about it. Cameras and technology today allow people to take great photos, but it's the imagination behind the picture that is most important, and Jan's pics hit that most of the time.

Posted by: Spamboy at May 31, 2007 6:09 PM

I find #6 to be really touching, mostly because I had my first skydive this past weekend.

Posted by: Thomas at May 31, 2007 8:15 PM

I miss you talking about the news. There is so much of it, and now so little of you talking about it. This hits me especially hard on weeks that the Daily Show is in reruns....

(Sorry to be off topic and dwelling on the past)

k8

Posted by: k8 at May 31, 2007 9:32 PM

Jan Von Holleben is indeed a very talented photographer, artist and businessman.

Posted by: Jan Henry S. Fosse at June 1, 2007 7:04 AM

What reader of Rey hasn't thought that they too could be swept up, Curious-George-like, by a handful of helium balloons? Nice to see the dream realized.

Pirate photo is so great. Fix that cutlass in your teeth and prepare to board!

Wonderful stuff, Ze, by way of bumblebee.

Posted by: Jackie at June 1, 2007 7:16 AM

so cool. Reminds me of work by Robin Rhode

Posted by: mica at June 1, 2007 1:04 PM

Hey! My dog can do that!

This made me want to be a kid on summer break again.

Cool stuff - thanks!

Posted by: noodlesmom at June 1, 2007 1:49 PM

Those are awesome - what a creative way to look at the world -

And rowlowmay - grow beyond the monkey, brother - (and if I have to explain this you wouldn't understand the answer)

Posted by: Blaknyte at June 1, 2007 4:06 PM

Hey Ze - I keep trying to use the typekey thing but it tells me your not set up properly - is this something I'm doing wrong, something typekey did wrong or, god forbid , something you did wrong ;)

Posted by: Blaknyte at June 1, 2007 4:09 PM

a few of these images were used in recent Gol Airlines advertisements.

If you always dreamed of flying, now you can.
Gol Airlines. Low-fare flights throughout South America.

Posted by: stephanie at June 1, 2007 4:24 PM

precious without being too sentimentalized. The chrisproject sent me the link.

Posted by: habile b at June 1, 2007 5:51 PM

Talks about macho.. remember sleeping macho? :D

Posted by: Bique at June 5, 2007 6:24 PM

hi!

jonathon meeder

Posted by: 410- 7 at June 9, 2007 10:40 PM

hey, what are your thoughts?

Could it be theoretically possible that the human body does produce some sort of energy. And this energy is not a spiritulal/religious/mystical thing, but something that takes decades of physical and mental discipline to develop, and that is why it is mainly found in eastern cultures, because eastern culture emphasis physical and mental discipline where western culture largely practices instant physical satisfaction.
And so this energy is not supernatural at all but quite natural. And it has just never been encountered in western thought and science because western culture practices instant physical and mental gratification, and largely rejects strong discipline.

Posted by: fopah at June 10, 2007 2:37 AM

i did this as a kid too. never photographed it though. and thus the reason i will not be famous.

Posted by: groonk at June 10, 2007 7:03 AM