« with a little help from allen | Main | 105 feet tall »

July 10, 2007

over the top

White House Is Accused of Putting Politics Over Science - New York Times :: for me, the creepiest part was that the former surgeon general "was ordered to mention President Bush three times on every page of every speech he gave" :: Goebbels meet Rove, Rove meet Goebbels

:: more in video - Hearing on Politicization Surgeon Generals: Carmona Opening

O man, it's articles like this that make me wish for the times when someone thought so I didn't have to. I bet you would have had a field day when Bush commuted Scooter Libby's sentence. The intarwebs miss you Ze!

Posted by: Carlo at July 10, 2007 10:23 PM

Now if only Dr. Carmona had come to the public with this while he was still Surgeon General, instead of leaving us out to dry for as long as five years.

Posted by: Aaron at July 10, 2007 11:08 PM

what is most upsetting to me is that this does not shock me at all. I have come to expect this kind of behavior, and that I have become used to such corruption is what frightens me most.

sheesh.

Posted by: habile b at July 10, 2007 11:12 PM

Stories like this really make me miss you're videos..............

Posted by: tkengland at July 11, 2007 12:43 AM

I'm not sure what's more amazing, that at least a quarter of America still approves of Bush, that the republican party hasn't thrown him to the wolves to save their own skins, or that the democrats in congress still can't manage to actually hold anyone in the administration responsible for anything.

Posted by: Gus Snarp at July 11, 2007 10:34 AM

Mention Bush three times every page?
Why? To breed blind loyalty?

This seems to tie-in to the firings of attorneys at Justice Department--yet again, breeding blind loyalty to the Bush.

In fact, I was just reading about the Sara Taylor testimony today, where she said, "I took an oath the president, and I take that oath very seriously,"

Apparently, she forgot that the oath she took was to the constitution of the United States, not to the President Bush.

Duckies.

Posted by: Yan at July 11, 2007 2:13 PM

One of our Sportsracers is a semi-finalist in a editirial cartoon contest on this very topic. Vote for #12

I do this to support uber-talent, not to spam.

duckingly yours,

littlelambseativy

Posted by: littlelambseativy at July 14, 2007 10:42 AM

Posted by: Mike at July 14, 2007 12:20 PM

You yo yo. 'sup Ze ?

You know, I be thinking and I remembers when you be saying that something special may show up on 'The Show' from time to time.

It ain't be happen yet yo. And I beeze wonderin' iffen you intends to put forth sumpin'.

Peace out, YO.

Stinkin' so you be don't have to, Yo.

Posted by: Karver v. Kramer at July 15, 2007 9:09 AM

What was this:

"Goebbels eh? You are proof that youth, ignorance and stupidity will always be intertwined."

supposed to mean? It seems hostile, like typical neo-con scorn and derision. When you can't win on the issues, attack the person.

Am the only one getting this?

Posted by: cafiend at July 15, 2007 8:25 PM

Three times on every page?! This is getting surreal.

Posted by: Smylie at July 16, 2007 1:05 PM