« when rove takes a nap | Main | please offer your advice »

October 26, 2007

"the smartest money you'll spend in your life"

The New BackUp Commercial :: I rarely endorse products...but.

Most customers are buying one for both sides of the bed.

Posted by: Andrew at October 26, 2007 10:45 AM

oh my jesus.

that is absolutely necessary for every household.

i think im going to put my bed in the middle of my room so i can have one on every side.

probably bad for angry sleep walkers though

Posted by: d.a.hewlett at October 26, 2007 12:58 PM

Ah, and just the perfect height for the toddlers!

Posted by: jeano at October 26, 2007 1:01 PM

Makes the perfect Christmas gift!

Posted by: Lisa at October 26, 2007 2:54 PM

But what about when I'm *not* in my bed. What about when I'm in the bathroom, or mowing the lawn, or cooking spaghetti bologonaise. I have a right to protect myself then too, don't I?

I'm gonna need me a lot of them there racks (the potty-rack, the mow-rack, the italo-cookery rack) since I can't really drag my bed with me everywhere just so that I have my gun handy.

Nah. I think I'll just stick with my shoulder harness.

Posted by: ingrid at October 26, 2007 3:32 PM

It will certainly come in handy when the zombie invasion begins. Or when George declares himself Supreme Ruler of the Universe.

But ingrid is correct, a shoulder harness is a better idea. And a leg harness, lower back, lower leg, etc.

Best to be prepared!

Posted by: Queenbeenan at October 26, 2007 7:22 PM

I wonder if they make a little version for handguns and maybe hanging sheaths for knives.

For possibly less volatile situations they could have divorce attorney or plastic surgeon hot buttons on a cord like the hospital does to call nurses.

The possibilities for self protection seem endless.

Posted by: Boo at October 28, 2007 12:25 PM

i live in DC. . .i kinda want one. . .

Posted by: jr at October 29, 2007 12:49 PM

Both sides of the bed...is that for monogrammed his/hers shotguns, or is this the beginning of a marital arms race?
I know if I was married to a guy who had a gun rack on the bed, I'd at least want a shotgun of my own, plus a Bowie knife under the pillow, a baseball bat wedged between the mattress and the headboard, and a canister of pepper spray in the pocket of my jammies.
Actually, I think I'd rather just have that divorce lawyer call button.

Posted by: Diana B. at October 29, 2007 5:35 PM

I am not an engineer, but how hard would it be to make a unit for cribs? Now that's innovation.

Posted by: Andrew at October 30, 2007 2:30 PM