« 39 year old gal | Main | while i'm at it »

November 25, 2007

keeping us company

three movies to keep us company :: awed job on a search :: jon gets warm and fuzzy :: fillupmonkee gets some great reactions out of on the street interviews (bell ringer is my fav)

Yet further proof that Boo (with the aid of Fillup) is clearly rocking the awesomeness.

Posted by: transiit at November 25, 2007 1:06 PM

AwedJob: Thank you for sharing your story. It reminds me of some of the things you might hear on "This American Life" or other NPR/PRI programs. I think it's good for people to hear this very personal kind of story; it helps us to understand each other better. Your story also answered some of my unasked questions about the adoption process and the search for first parents.
I'm amazed by all the many ways in which the internet continues to change the world. I hope you feel that your search was worthwhile, even if the results were not ideal. It is good that you have found in your children that biological link you sought. Congratulations on the birth of your second child!

Fillup: I was so excited to see a second installment in the (hopefully) continuing saga of Fillup Monkee. You say the most hilarious things, and for someone who acknowledges the fact that he is a puppet, you are very life-like. I agree with the lady in the parking lot: you could be on top of the world. Just don't sell out and go all mean-diva on us, alright?

Posted by: Diana B. at November 25, 2007 2:11 PM

I loved the:
"I will not do that!"

Posted by: Ke Ruthe at November 25, 2007 5:15 PM

Awed Job's search. Just wow. That's an intense thing to share. Could feel the nerves of both first mother and son. And it did keep me company.

The Scared song fits with it in this weird touching of times.

Thank you for making it available above this. While I may never have to muster courage for that kind of enormity, it's helped me winnow through some lesser anxieties.

Jon's got the warm and fuzzy down. Very good to see and hear you again. It's like waking up but better.

Posted by: Boo at November 25, 2007 9:33 PM

fillupmonkee! Where have you been all my life? When you grow up, let's get married.

Posted by: habile b at November 26, 2007 2:51 AM

Diana B.,

It was definitely worth it.

Boo,

Gift soon for you and the munkee

Jon,

You've got my vote for Prez!

Posted by: Awed Job at November 26, 2007 3:40 PM

Awed Job, thank you so much for sharing your very personal story. . . I was really moved by your quest, and by the recognition you see in your child's eyes.

Jon: :D (big grin)

Fillup: Amazing how beautifully the people in your video responded. You could see the child in their eyes.

Posted by: ingrid at November 26, 2007 5:10 PM

Jon,
The turkey with the duckie head was great.
Nice commentary too.

Posted by: schmoopy43 at November 26, 2007 6:21 PM

Listening to Awed Job’s story got me thinking about my own unknown biological father.

I know and love my biological mom and in many ways I can’t imagine what genes my biological father could have possibly given me, because I am so clearly my mother’s daughter.

But there's more to my story, and it's always been something I've thought about but not actively pursued.

Many of the questions AJ asked feel familiar, as does the curiosity and fear about this unknown genetic piece of myself.

AJ’s story, and his bravery encourage me. At some point in my life I know that finding my biological father will be a priority. I’m not ready yet, but I know where to go for advice when I am.

Thanks AJ.

Posted by: Emily at November 27, 2007 4:16 PM

Fillupmonkee, that was awesome. All I can say is that I just got happy to watch that. The segment with the bell ringer made me grin ear to ear from the sheer laughter of the moment.

Thanks.

Awed Job, wow, very powerful and informative. Thank you for such an insightful peek into You. I was very sincerely moved by your ability to put so eloquently into words something so profound. I loved the cleverness of the line about being an adult and still needing a note from your mother.

The communications from your 'first mother' and then moving onward into the next generation was very powerful stuff.

Excellent.