« being poor sucks | Main | two new dear mobbys »

November 17, 2007

k.u.c.

consumatron responds to dave's story :: trick reads us a story :: and meghan talks bridesmaids

2007nov14: on stories... from triiku on Vimeo.

Dear Ze,

Have you ever seen the movie, V for Vendetta? It's set in a futuristic London that's controlled by an oppressive, totalitarian government. The movie centers around an extraordinary individual who wears an iconic Guy Fawkes mask and fights the oppression of the government through very public, dramatic acts of "terrorism". At first, the public doesn't know what to make of V, but eventually they realize that he is fighting for the people, and in the climax of the movie, while V is sacrificing himself for his final act of rebellion, the people are wholly inspired by V and all don V masks to take up his cause by marching against the Parliament building in civil revolt.

I bring up V for Vendetta because I've noticed that these Keeping Us Company videos are all Ze fans, donning your vlogging mask and taking up your cause of creativity and self-expression. Congratulations, "Ze Frank" has just become something bigger than yourself, and it's got a delicious and infectious emotional aftertaste.

Although, of course, nothing beats the original.

Keep on keepin' on, Ze.

.Carlo

Posted by: Carlo at November 17, 2007 3:39 PM

Dear consumatron,
Thank you for sharing your thoughtful and insightful commentary.
Namaste,
Joel

Posted by: Joel at November 17, 2007 6:04 PM

I just read that bananas are the best cure for hangovers. I hope this helps.

Posted by: alan at November 18, 2007 3:21 PM

consumatron: I always appreciate your analogies and I admire your assertiveness.
triiku: keep up with the creative act.
meagan: Fitting choice of music for your outro. It matched my sentiments on the whole marriage thing, exactly. creepy.

Posted by: habie b at November 18, 2007 7:18 PM

consumatron, your life and mine seem to be inversely proportional in the type of life lessons we learn. I find myself talking too much, and recently I've been fighting to talk less. On that note. I'm done.

Posted by: alan at November 20, 2007 12:56 AM

Am I the only one to see the Mitt Romney ads? Notice: I'm in France, you can ask to change those because, even with a constitutional reform that gives UN members a voice, there is no way we vote for Mormons.

Oh: is it me or are you back in a fantastic shape? Ze, thank you for being yourself.

Posted by: Bertil at November 20, 2007 8:15 PM

Carlos, both me and consumatron are donning no mask; we both do videoblogs all by ourself. i, for one, was doing them--albeit badly--even before i knew of Ze.

Posted by: trick at November 26, 2007 6:43 PM