« cream | Main | mixed ending »

November 7, 2007

that's how you keep each other company

a video i received yesterday :

i like this idea, let's tell each other stories, send me more at ze@zefrank.com

I'm dealing with the oncoming Michigan winter right now, and I've got so much Yankee in me, I'm still wearing a windbreaker! If you want, I can chop off a few of its limbs and send them to you. I'm sure they will regenerate by January.

Posted by: Misoks at November 7, 2007 11:57 AM

Yankee spirit in Texas myself. But you cannot have. Mine.

Posted by: Kurt at November 7, 2007 12:42 PM

Holy Cow, it's crazy, I used lived in Abilene and went to school in Michigan.

Posted by: Justin Yost at November 7, 2007 2:05 PM

It sounds to me like he needs to take a trip north and go for a naked (or maybe toga?) run and scare the yankee straight out of himself!

Posted by: phlyingpenguin at November 7, 2007 2:07 PM

I wish I could put my finger on why I like this so much. :-)

I think he's going to make an excellent priest.

Posted by: brightpearl at November 7, 2007 8:08 PM

Thanks Ze, I'm glad I fit the criteria of "something interesting."

Posted by: Jared Cramer at November 7, 2007 8:40 PM

Thanks Ze, I'm glad that you liked the video. :-) However, I'm still freezing my ass off. It was 38 today. How am I ever going to move back North?!

Posted by: Jared Cramer at November 7, 2007 8:47 PM

I love the priest-in-training saying, "freezing my ass off."

I am a Yankee (not a Yankee fan, since I am obliged to root for my hometown Sox) who lived in Texas for six years. I suppose you adapt to the climate you're in, and once you've been in warm weather for a while, it's difficult to handle the cold.

Posted by: Brian at November 7, 2007 9:30 PM

I love it!!!
I lost my inner Yankee too!!!

Posted by: bertie at November 7, 2007 10:23 PM

I think I picked up on a little bit of Texan in your voice. A lot of mid-west/northerner in there but I think your Yankee will really come back if you drive out that Texan completely.

Posted by: Greg P. at November 8, 2007 3:29 AM

I got yankee to spare. I was riding my bike through the first Cleveland snow yesterday and i don't even own a winter coat. No need to move back north to get some Yankee back though, just chew on a Popsicle while sitting in a tub of ice - it will be about as cold as a good northeastern breeze. Thanks for sharing Jared =)

Posted by: Joshua R at November 8, 2007 12:12 PM

Yea, Sewanee's Right! I went to undergrad at Sewanee, and this guy hasn't even seen the worst part of the winter yet. If you thought his use of "ass" was bad, you should see how these theology students drink. They were often times worse than undergrad students.

Posted by: Hank Word at November 8, 2007 12:31 PM