« its a wonderful internet | Main | Medical myths »

December 21, 2007

badminton

yesterday i somehow spent an hour watching badminton videos, can't remember why, and i'm slightly worried that this is one of the signs of the apocalypse. What i love the most is the heavy tracks that accompany the trick shot videos as if perhaps that will make this slightly ridiculous, but very fun to play lawn game seem macho. An official site is called "Extreme Power Badminton". I predict 2008 will be the year of extreme power badminton ::

YouTube - Swiss Badminton Trickshots
YouTube - Badminton Tricks UK
YouTube - Badminton Tricks - By Adam and Dan
YouTube - Badminton freestyle
YouTube - Badminton Showboat 2
Extreme Power Badminton - The Best (Official Site)

Badminton should come back. I'd play it.

Posted by: Anton at December 21, 2007 3:06 PM

Yeah, my roommate and I play what you call Bad-Ass-Minton. It's the adult version. Not much difference except we talk a lot of trash as we lung and miss the damn birdie. Or it gets caught in the racket. *sigh*

Posted by: Sophia at December 21, 2007 4:37 PM

Nice laugh ...omg . I came here because I stumbled on the kaliedescope SWEET page man !!! Happy Holidays!

Posted by: Andrew Grover at December 22, 2007 8:16 PM

It reminds me a lot of extreme croquet. Fun for the whole family: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extreme_croquet

Posted by: ingrid at December 24, 2007 2:37 PM

It's just mindblowing how hard you can hit the shuttle and just have it sort wither back at the opponent. Really is a great game. These guys are cat fast!

Posted by: Heather Jo at December 29, 2007 9:08 PM

My friends and I created extreme badminton in the summer of '95 because we were bored. I never thought our creation would end up on youtube. Come to think of it, my friends and I should have invented youtube instead of extreme badminton. Missed the boat on that one...

And whatever happened to goodminton?

Posted by: cmichaelcooper at January 1, 2008 9:34 AM