« Trapped in a cube | Main | keeping us company »

December 17, 2007

Flickr Memory Game

I've been working on a Flickr Memory Game where you can use your own images on the fly:: very simple and in its early stages while i learn about the flickr API :: suggestions welcome, on all aspects of the game or imagined games of this sort.

apparently i have amnesia. everything is black.

Posted by: Steph at December 17, 2007 8:22 PM

nice touch with the 'lucky'

Posted by: Duncan at December 17, 2007 9:57 PM

Fun. This would be great as a Facebook app. You could compete against your friends based on either Flickr photos or your Facebook friends' pictures.

Posted by: Joe Lazarus at December 17, 2007 10:52 PM

Hey Ze,
I tried it out but for some reason all that wants to load for me is blackness. User: abelle26 set: ferrets

It could just be one of many things: my mac, firefox, adblock.. dunno. Any idea?

Posted by: Annabelle at December 17, 2007 11:28 PM

not a big fan of the buttons...or whatever you call the "backs" of the photos...but the game was good...being called out on the luky guess whs a nice surprise.

Posted by: kyle at December 18, 2007 1:37 AM

Dude, that is so cool.

I think that emotional attachment to pictures enhances the ability to memorize them. Would be a cool thing to try out. I think I would memorize a picture of my baby daughter-in-empty-mayonaise-bucket-in-my-sister's-garden-on -sunny-day-in-july-during-a-fine-but-short-holiday even better than random (to me) pictures of a dog.

Doing multiple runs of this game with personal pictures may be a cool way to find out how intense an expierence was and how deep it is shaping your memories and thoughts.

Just a thought ;-)

Posted by: OpenDictator at December 18, 2007 5:48 AM

I've been working on the same thing using Adobe Flex. I'm almost done, just a little more polishing to do. I want the skin to look like the Flickr website.

Posted by: polyGeek at December 18, 2007 12:23 PM

Doesn't play well with oddly shaped pictures. Unfortunately I have quite a few pano shots.

I'll try and stick with regular pics of duckies and kittens. ;)

Posted by: Tom S at December 19, 2007 2:16 PM

I like it... but trim the whitespace off after the inputs... stupid windows copy/paste always seems to tack some on.

Adding a sharable link or putting the name/set in the uri would be nice too so you could a friend a memory game made out of their own pictures.

~BS