« little homunculi | Main | What We Can Be »

January 24, 2008

in the meantime

Blogothèque: les concerts à emporter! :: an excellent collection of dirt style videos, including some gems from the grizzly bears and beirut. make no mistake...this is a "scene" in the best sense of the word. One of my favs: Arcade Fire, make sure you check out the second half of the vid.

Hey thanks Ze that made today easier.

Posted by: ZachC at January 24, 2008 12:50 PM

J'aime Menomena "Wet and Rusting." The children are wonderful!

Thank you for yet more treasures, Ze! Yay!

Jeano

Posted by: Jeano at January 24, 2008 12:58 PM

Way to make me waste my whole lunch hour Ze. Thanks alot.

Posted by: notshakespeare at January 24, 2008 1:50 PM

Yes yes. I love this series. Very educational for my out-of-touch self. I also recommend the dirty projectors. beautifully harmonized somewhat adolescent punk. St. Vincent is pretty good in these settings too. Oh yes, and the entire new beirut flying cup album too... yes.

I will timidly admit to trying to de-crapify my video footage by emulating the high contrast, lower saturation look.

Also, as a rabid fan, I feel the need to correct: grizzly bear.
no "the" no "s".

I'm such a sucker for vocal harmonies.

Posted by: Zea at January 24, 2008 2:42 PM

easier for me no speaky frenchies:

Posted by: Ke Ruthe at January 24, 2008 3:03 PM

Also, as a rabid fan, I feel the need to correct: grizzly bear.
no "the" no "s".

I'm such a sucker for vocal harmonies.

Posted by: Zea at January 24, 2008 3:42 PM

Great link! Lots of great videos, including The Divine Comedy doing Tonight We Fly in a park with a very scaled back orchestra.

Posted by: Mike McCaffrey at January 25, 2008 12:50 PM

Those videos take music back to what it was before money got a hold of it. It's about enjoying and connecting with other people. Thanks for posting this. It was comforting.

Posted by: britdawg at January 25, 2008 9:55 PM

Hooray, I love AF!

Posted by: David at January 25, 2008 11:00 PM

Oh grr.

That first attempt to post told me it didn't take.
Sorry for the deja vu.

Posted by: Zea at January 26, 2008 9:15 PM

Yes, I'm so glad I've found someone else that found the second half of the Arcade Fire video amazing. Not only did I get goosebumps when Win walked into the crowd before their full concert, but I've listened to that version of Wake Up at least 100 times in the past couple of weeks.

Actually, I first saw the grizzly bear "knife" video here on your blog, ze, about a year ago. Thanks for doing what you do!

Posted by: Ben at February 10, 2008 11:18 PM