« what shall i do with the rational triggers? | Main | charity idea revised »

June 19, 2008

merch

i know this is exceedingly silly, but for the past four years i've had an licensing deal with papyrus cards. The deal is coming to a close and as far as i know there will be no more re-prints. It's a lenticular card (my spellcheck didn't recognize that word and wanted to replace it with "testicular") - which means that it moves as you change the angle of the card. If you want to grab a meaningless product before it runs out :: How To Dance Properly - Card - Papyrus Classics - Birthday - Cards - Papyrus

Who is going to do your cards now? I'll look after Canada for you!

Posted by: natisha at June 19, 2008 11:23 AM

Only ships to the U.S. or Canada? YOU SUCK!

Okay, you don't suck, but any internet vendor who doesn't ship worldwide is missing out on 90% of it's potential customer base.

Ze, I'll PayPal you a tenner (that's ten EUROS if you buy it for me and send it to Ireland.

Posted by: Matt at June 19, 2008 12:02 PM

They only ship to the U.S. or Canada :(

Posted by: Jason Davies at June 19, 2008 12:05 PM

I'm in for some! I love the lenticular art form! Since childhood it has always been a fave - but I never knew what it was called.

I first learned about you from "predate", but of course "how to dance properly" was the second thing I was shown so I will enjoy having and sharing the card. Testicular. Ha ha.

Posted by: Jeano at June 19, 2008 12:09 PM

My company represents a Hi-Def lenticular printing manufacture as well as an inline paper printer which can print & combine the lens together. Feel free to contact me or my business partners if you have general questions or need any assistance.

Thanks,
Royce

Posted by: Royce Strahan at June 19, 2008 3:23 PM

Thanks,
Royce

Posted by: Royce Strahan at June 19, 2008 3:23 PM

This completes my shrine!

MWAHAHAHAHA.

Posted by: Rachel at June 19, 2008 3:37 PM

booooo they don't ship to europe :(:(

Posted by: Frieda at June 19, 2008 5:23 PM

I received this fantastically funny card from my brother long before I knew who Ze was. I wished I had checked out the URL when I received it. It's really quite cute - and if you cut out the lenticular, it's like getting one of those collectible chocolate frog cards in Harry Potter. And Ze's a brunette!

If you do not have a Papyrus near you, check to see if your local Target has a Papyrus section. They have recently begun to carry a line of Papyrus cards and I have seen "How to Dance Properly" there.

Thanks for the bit of pocket-sized fun, Ze! ^_^

Posted by: Liza LS at June 19, 2008 10:21 PM

if you'd used your spell-checker, your post is really funny.

Posted by: ingrid at June 21, 2008 5:30 PM

I now own some testicular cards (3). I didn't want to own a pair of testicular cards. Yet just one felt funny. ;)

Posted by: Noel Jackson at June 25, 2008 5:44 AM

amazingly enough, they don't have any animated gif to show the animation. Still, they have a completely useless image viewer in which you can zoom into the pixelated image

Posted by: qwfqwf at June 25, 2008 10:34 AM

hey i ordered one and i received two for the price of one!!!

i always believed you when you said you liked me the best, ze!

Posted by: bert at June 25, 2008 6:03 PM

These gon' be valuable, Ze. You is famous.

Posted by: Seth at June 26, 2008 2:48 AM

I gave this hilarious lenticular card to my sister years ago, before I'd even heard of Ze. She now knows how to dance really, really good.

Posted by: McAngeOK at June 26, 2008 3:16 PM

FYI, I saw one of these cards at a Caribou Coffee back in April; I think it was in Oak Park, IL. I even tweeted it, I was so excited. I should have known it was a mistake not to buy it. The Caribou in Savage, MN I was at today had a rack of Papyrus cards but I didn't see the Ze card. Others might be able to find it at their neighborhood Caribou, though.

Posted by: Jordan Running at June 27, 2008 12:13 AM

I bought 3 from whole foods! one for my boss's birthday whose a store manager on rodeo drive (whom you taught how to dance) and 2 to do whatever I want with. any suggestions Ze?

Posted by: marcie at June 27, 2008 4:38 AM

I just saw one of these in Royal Oak, MI the other day and thought it was something new....who knew they had been out there for 4 years. What else have I been missing?

Posted by: allison at July 2, 2008 3:33 PM

ha. i work at a Papyrus and i stare at that card almost every day that i am working.

Posted by: d at July 15, 2008 11:45 PM

I'm pleased and scared to report that I saw a Santa variation of your card at the Whole Foods in Denver, Colorado just weeks ago. It freaked me out and pleased me at the same time! Nice job.

Posted by: Paul at January 8, 2010 4:32 PM