« rational triggers for the emotoself | Main | anderson cooper wants to be your boo »

June 4, 2008

roller coaster

a great ad from the Z├╝rich Chamber Orchestra | Roller Coaster :: click below to view ::

I agree - that's really great - thanks for sharing!

Posted by: Anton at June 4, 2008 11:52 AM

Vonderbar!

Posted by: ferdinand ries at June 4, 2008 11:56 AM

First!!

This video is awesome! I could watch it again and again... it really shows the way music makes me feel!

Posted by: Sele at June 4, 2008 12:45 PM

Okay, so who else was reminded of Star Guitar by the Chemical Brothers by this video? I was! ( watch the scenery: http://youtube.com/watch?v=CBgf2ZxIDZk )

Posted by: Josh at June 4, 2008 12:49 PM

oh! that link is down! try this one:

Posted by: chel at June 4, 2008 2:14 PM

That was brilliant! The music and the visuals matched perfectly and what an excellent way to represent classical music. Thanks for the share!

Posted by: Ben Rasmusen at June 4, 2008 2:42 PM

I love it! Thanks for sharing!

Posted by: Adam Chan at June 4, 2008 2:55 PM

That is awesome. Reminds me a tiny tiny bit of Audiosurf.

Posted by: Jon at June 4, 2008 3:11 PM

I wish Audiosurf was more like this, in some ways
There's a free demo on Steam of Audiosurf, and it's the greatest game ever! You get to use your own songs, and it creates a level out of it! I'm addicted, but then again, I'm an audiophile.

Posted by: Brian at June 4, 2008 3:55 PM

i dont know how original it can be called...
Try youtubing "aufiosurf"

Posted by: Joel at June 4, 2008 8:43 PM

Kinda reminds me of audiosurf

Posted by: Catchwa at June 5, 2008 8:23 AM

That is superb! A great imaginative representation of the movement of the music.

Posted by: GrimEden at June 5, 2008 1:10 PM

Brilliant, I say brilliant!

Posted by: hoop at June 5, 2008 3:08 PM

This reminds me of Audiosurf,
It's a music game that make "tracks" out of your music files. (Wow I feel like a salesman now.)

Posted by: nik at June 5, 2008 3:57 PM

Orchestras of the future will replace music stands with Guitar-hero-like "comin' at ya" note displays. Gamers are the new virtuosi.

Am I being sarcastic?

Posted by: Richard Walker at June 5, 2008 6:00 PM

And Star Guitar always reminds me of Dntel's Last Songs. Video is at http://plugresearch.com/ under the media tab. I think someone's probably put it up on YouTube somewhere, as well.

Posted by: Nerdsavant at June 5, 2008 8:02 PM

this video seems inspired by a game that came out not too long ago called AudioSurf (http://www.audio-surf.com/). the game's tagline is "ride your music"

its racing, rhythm, puzzle game that is like a mix between F-Zero, Guitar Hero, Tetris. You upload any song you have on your computer and it converts it to this "track" that goes up and slows down due to gravity if the tempo is slow, or speeds up when the tempo gets fast. It's like an interactive version of this video.

it's quite addictive.

Posted by: AD*A57RA at June 6, 2008 4:12 AM

Someone at Harmonix needs to see this and make Orchestra Hero. Imagine conducting with a wiimote.

Posted by: Ian at June 6, 2008 4:09 PM

: / I have found this too late and the video is gone and yet now I want to watch a roller coaster.

Why don't we make one together? Get lots of different pictures of all of us at different heights. some of us twist and turn some of us dive. When the pictures come together they make the ride we all had. In the spirit of the project we should all take the pictures with the feeling of a roller coaster. I would take my picture on a bike because I cant ride one and the feeling of doing so would be exhilarating if I triumphed. I have a friend afraid of heights, her picture could be took while bending out of a window looking at the ground. I'd like to see what yours would be like. :)

the biggest problem would be finding a way to get the feeling of forward motion maybe the motion of the pictures would have to be always up and down. I think I'd need your help getting pictures and stories of why those pictures are important and you could help me find a good song and I could edit it. I'm not out to give you any work. :D want to make it together? I know this is right up your ally.

Posted by: Shelby at April 13, 2009 8:33 AM