« ear piece. | Main | i'm still on vacation »

July 25, 2008

Randy Pausch RIP

YouTube's star lecturer dies at 47

great roll model and reminder of how to get it while you got it. life is way too short

Posted by: nader at July 25, 2008 7:32 PM

i don't think i have ever enjoyed an hour on youtube as much.. thank you ze.

Posted by: laura sina at July 25, 2008 11:03 PM

It just doesn't seem fair...

Posted by: Will at July 26, 2008 10:43 PM

Please let the man rest in peace and let us all be more active in the American Cancer Society Relay for Life which rasies money for cancer research and brings communities together. My condolences to his wife, children, and other family members and close friends.

Posted by: sramonty at July 28, 2008 10:00 PM

Ze, don't ever leave us.

Posted by: Brenda at July 29, 2008 1:11 AM

The world is definitely a better place because of Randy. My condolences to his family. Thankfully we have his videos and books to remember his thoughts and advice.

Posted by: Craig Banta at July 29, 2008 10:22 PM

He was a MVP

Posted by: David Rost at July 29, 2008 10:59 PM

I first heard of Randy Pausch last year, as a first-year student at Brown. When you're in school, especially a "good school," it's easy to feel like you can achieve anything, but it's also easy to feel like you're being overshadowed by all the overachievers that surround you. Once in a while, it takes a little push, a push that often involved watching The Last Lecture, to push me back to reality.

When I heard that Randy Pausch died, my first reaction was sadness, but that soon gave way to pride. I never met him and we shared little more than an alma mater, but that we shared any connection at all and that he was able to positively influence so many people is incredibly inspirational to me.

By the way, Ze, the other video I watch to push myself when I feel like I'm getting too settled into the "college routine"? "Bust that Cycle."

Thank you.

Posted by: Mariah at July 30, 2008 11:26 AM

I think the best part of seeing a guy like that is that it gives me license to indulge those parts of me that care, even when most of the world seems like a survival competition.

Posted by: Jason at July 30, 2008 8:21 PM

that sucks! he was awesome. at least he left us with something memorable and important.

Posted by: tali at August 3, 2008 11:09 PM

saw the lecture ages ago, made a list of impossible (yet reachable) dreams and since have checked off 2.
Whenever I feel Eeore- I think of Tigger.
I'm sad he's gone, but greatful he was here... makes me wonder how many people one person can inspire ina lifetime.

Posted by: Kerri-Penny Wylde at August 4, 2008 5:35 PM

Randy was a class act..........he will be missed

Posted by: Vectorpedia at August 9, 2008 10:47 AM

his last lecture is truly inspiring
i especially liked wat he said about life's brick walls

Posted by: kevin chan at August 14, 2008 6:48 AM