« two slam poets you may not know | Main | ..||.. »

September 10, 2008

rainbows and this country's demise

"i'm just wondering what the heck is in our water supply" :: click below to watch ::

It isn't the government... it's the leprechauns! Blame the leprechauns!!

Posted by: Ryan at September 10, 2008 11:41 AM

clearly, she has been talking to my parents.

"we've been noticing more airplanes over the house lately. something is going on."

"make sure that you check every item on your grocery bill. those girls. sometimes they put things on your bill you didn't buy."

"that new neighbor with the dog, he was around the block at least 5 times a day. i wonder what he's looking for."

....

yeah.

reminds me of the tom waits song, "what's he building in there?"

Posted by: ingrid at September 10, 2008 11:46 AM

I love this video.

Posted by: BradOFarrell at September 10, 2008 11:56 AM

Is she serious? All a rainbow is is sunlight spread out into its spectrum of colors and diverted to the eye of the observer by water droplets. She is filming water droplets - in the sun. She should go back to her Amway presentation and leave the poor rainbow alone.

Posted by: Postie at September 10, 2008 12:18 PM

It was happening 20 years ago in my backyard. Of course our well water had a bit of lime in it (as in limestone, not fruit).

Posted by: notshakespeare at September 10, 2008 12:28 PM

I knew it... I always had a sneaking suspicion...

... that certain drugs just shouldn't be mixed.

Posted by: Jenny at September 10, 2008 12:41 PM

I dunno, the visible spectrum DOES start with red... I smell a communist conspiracy.

Posted by: Robert at September 10, 2008 1:09 PM

Genius! Hahahaha!

Posted by: Jason Davies at September 10, 2008 1:58 PM

It's not the water, it's the sun. The holes in the Ozone layer of the atmosphere allow more photons to pass through and those are reflected and refracted by the spray of water in the sprinkler. What the heck is with the sun?

Posted by: Andrew at September 10, 2008 2:06 PM

OMG, its the green version of Sarah Palin. Seriously, if the hard chargers get their hands on this video, they'll claim all environmentalists are this stupid.

Posted by: Gus at September 10, 2008 2:57 PM

It's good to be reminded that, creative as we may view ourselves, we are mere children when we stand beside such comic brilliance and galvanizing originality as this; this is inspiring. The Rainbows of the Apocolypse.. true genius.

Posted by: zipl at September 10, 2008 3:04 PM

When I was a little kid
over twenty years ago
on hot days cause we had no pool
we ran through the rainbows
back and forth
laughing and screaming gleefully
in the cool
legs getting itchy from the fresh cut grass
did I say rainbows
i meant sprinklers
the rainbows were
incidental.

Posted by: jeano at September 10, 2008 3:12 PM

She has a point, though it's poorly illustrated. Rainbows have always resulted in the same way.

Word, though. City water sucks. Check out "The Blue Death" by Dr. Robert Morris.

Posted by: habile b at September 10, 2008 3:25 PM

Seeing rainbow's around everything is prodominatly an effect of lead poisoning. If she's thristy, she should drink out of a cup instead of licking it off her windowsill. I'm going to go exercise my constituional rights now.

Posted by: nikki at September 10, 2008 3:59 PM

What is oozing out of our ground: ignorance.

Posted by: njaffo at September 10, 2008 4:38 PM

She should stop worrying about whats "oozing" out of her ground and worry about the intelligence oozing out of her brain...

Plop.

Posted by: Caitlin at September 10, 2008 4:49 PM

lol..halarious..maybe thats why we aren't number 1 in education..lol.

Posted by: Logan at September 10, 2008 5:27 PM

"and now it's happenin' now"
--too much fun!
20 years ago I saw lots of rainbow(s)- not so much anymore!

Posted by: sdrDusty at September 10, 2008 5:54 PM

Ah hahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahah! *breathe deeply* *sob a little*

Posted by: Steve Anthony at September 10, 2008 6:07 PM

oh rainBOWS.

Posted by: kendra at September 10, 2008 6:10 PM

WHAT IS OOZING OUT OF OUR GROUND, INDEED!

I saw it with my own eyes the other day. Green and slick, pushing itself right out of the very soil that sustains human life. Then I realized it was EVERYWHERE. It was covering my lawn! And with it comes its evil and unquenchable desire for our precious earthly fluid. And look, even this enlightened individual has been deceived! She's just feeding it with her sprinkler! The rainbow is a trick to distract her!

Posted by: Cathy at September 10, 2008 7:03 PM

This is bigger than she knows, I was at the border of Canada and US (Niagara Falls) and there where rainbows everywhere. Now you may not think much of this but remember that the love canal is right there. People the government is trying to dazzle us all with their colours so we don't see the real issues. But it's bigger than that, because I was on the Canadian side. That makes this an international incident.

Posted by: Chris at September 10, 2008 8:58 PM

"you know what nearly cause the downfall of this country? GODLESSNESS..." quote from V for Vendetta

we need to band together, as a country and stop this from happening

thank the universe for providing more stupid people... what would we do without them... we'd be BORED, BORED OUT OF OUR MINDS.

Eliot

Posted by: Eliot at September 10, 2008 9:04 PM

This CANNOT be natural!

Posted by: Jen_ at September 11, 2008 10:21 AM

This is frightening. Thanks Ze for the information.

Posted by: hooper at September 11, 2008 12:20 PM

"Prodomiantly". I think that pretty much sets the tone for the whole thing.

Posted by: ccd at September 11, 2008 2:27 PM

So I hate to be a downer on these awesome flames of a poor and potentially inept woman, I have to wonder how easy it is to make all of these assumptions based on the video. Her misspelled words in the type and the obvious shoddy background consisting of a broken-down wooden fence, not to mention her overacting of being potentially drunk, retarded or otherwise just a sad sad human being all seem to be pointing in one direction. This clip was made by an evil viral network of REPUBLICANS to make you associate stupid, sprinkler owning women with the climate change and strengthen the "Dirty Fucking Hippie" theme ever-present in modern media outlets.

Good Day, you were absolutely mindblowing at the Red Rock Ze.

Posted by: Satyagraha at September 12, 2008 6:30 AM

Ohhhh mannn that is funny

Posted by: Eric at September 12, 2008 7:19 AM

I'm a little surprised you linked to this. It's a little different than most of the humor on your site, which tends not to be, well, laughing at a given person being stupid. Watching this vid, I was mostly embarrassed on her behalf for not knowing basic optics.

Posted by: earthbound01 at September 13, 2008 2:57 AM

This is what happens when technology becomes so cheap that anyone can afford a camera, a computer, and a high-speed internet connection.

This makes me wonder if we weren't better off when only the select few were able to afford technology.

I don't think the answer is necessarily yes, we were better off. But I think we really should ask ourselves how much influence should someone who is clearly dumber than a sack of dead cats have? Are Microsoft, Google, Dell, and Apple really benefiting society? If so, are they doing it to the level we assume they are? And what are the negative aspects of the influence and proliferation of advanced technology that is available for every day people?

What really scares me is that based on how sure she seemed that this kind of thing didn't happen 20 years ago, I doubt she'd be willing to listen to reason even if someone explained the basic concept of what a rainbow is.

Posted by: joshua at September 13, 2008 2:57 AM

Their thrist just never ends.

Posted by: Benny at September 14, 2008 3:59 PM

Dang!

I saw this phenonmenon happening in Australia too.

Except our rainbows bend upwards (not downwards like all those northern hemisphere rainbows)

Posted by: Phil Willis at September 16, 2008 3:02 AM

that video made me thristy!

Posted by: ali at September 17, 2008 10:54 AM

To Joshua: she has no influence. Nobody is going to take her seriously.
We went from a society saturated in media from a very small number of sources to a society saturated in media from many sources. The signal to noise ratio really hasn't changed.

Posted by: earthbound01 at September 17, 2008 1:14 PM