« Gauranty of Bank Deposits | Main | some help »

October 3, 2008

so this is what it comes to ::

Fannie Mae forgives loan for woman who shot herself

I just can't understand how people can have such disregard for the consequences of what they do. I mean the financial company people, not the lady who shot herself. I'm sure she was aware of the consequences.

Is it that they get caught up in some game, and can see nothing else? Or are they truly devoid of ethics and morality?

Posted by: Mark at October 3, 2008 11:36 PM

So nice of Fannie Mae to do this. Did you know they will also forgive your student loans if you die before you pay them off?

It's astonishing that when most civilized countries: UK, France, Germany, Israel, Dubai, etc..view Full Health Care, a College Education and Affordable Housing as part of their moral infrastructure and national prosperity the US still ranks near the bottom. Such a wealthy nation too, full of endless resources, both monetary and in its hard working productive people.

It's truly amazing so many Americans still care as much as they do for the little they receive in security, justice and their labors, contrasted by the wealthy few who have of late run this country financially into the ground and now ask these people they so carelessly abandoned, lobbied against and cheated every step of the way to bail them out.

I suppose with this impending financial crisis that will all change soon enough. People seldom want or are able to help others when they themselves are hurting.

Unfortunately, there will be more and more tragic incidences like this 91 year old women before Joe and Jane Six-Pack-America wake up, rise and decide to take their country back.

Naomi Stein said is best I think.

Posted by: nader at October 4, 2008 12:55 AM

Holy Mother of All that is Good please let intelligence and compassion reign come voting day. Kindness before profit.

Posted by: jeano at October 4, 2008 1:32 AM

ugh. this makes me very sad.

Posted by: brenda at October 4, 2008 4:16 AM

Well, that's one way of solving the problem. Generally speaking, I go with methods that don't involve guns, but hey. (Seriously, your mortgage isn't worth your life.)

Posted by: Blank-Mage at October 4, 2008 4:43 AM

Does it still count if you shoot someone else? This has got to be the stupidest thing I`ve heard of. No wonder all the banks are broke.

Posted by: Chris at October 4, 2008 2:25 PM

An 86 year old lady takes out a $45,000 mortgage and an $11,000 loan? What? How did they think she was going to pay them back? Cookies? She should have never been given the credit in the first place.

Posted by: Albull at October 4, 2008 2:43 PM

fyi (not for posting)
**************
Just the day before yesterday
I said to my husband:
"if you were a little old lady wouldn't
signing something like this make you somewhat
afraid of random people knocking at your door?"
copy and pasted from the world wide web::
::Remain independent
::Stay in your home
::No monthly mortgage payments
::Tax-free money
::Freedom and flexibility
>Current Customer Login<
"A reverse mortgage is a loan that enables senior homeowners, age 62 and older, to convert part of their home equity into tax-free* income—without having to sell their home, give up title to it, or make monthly mortgage payments. The loan only becomes due when the last borrower (s) permanently leaves the home.
Once you're ready to apply, we're here to help you through the process. Our reverse mortgage specialists are happy to answer any questions you have about your options or the process. Call us toll-free at 1-800-blah blah blah"

Posted by: lynne at October 4, 2008 11:59 PM

Yeah. It'll happen again. I can understand it.

Posted by: boo at October 5, 2008 5:29 PM

if i had a free house for every time i'd been shot
i would have 0 houses
but...
i sure wouldn't mind taking one or two in the leg if i didn't have to pay the mortgage ever again
i'd have a free house
AND a cool scar to show to my friends when they came to visit me at my free house!

Posted by: Adam Levy at October 8, 2008 12:42 AM

this made me cry. i don't want people to be so sad. and it doesnt feel right to even talk about it. please, no one mock or giggle or make snide comments. about the company and especially the poor woman. she should be remembered for her life, not her death, and that is not our job

Posted by: wren_arf at October 10, 2008 2:44 AM