« imogen heap, her upcoming ep, and her online goings-on | Main | charlie bit me »

March 16, 2009

one more from immi

Hide And Seek :: if you are new to her, this is perhaps the easiest way to begin appreciating what she is capable of.

Favorite clip from Imogen http://bit.ly/uuROi
Beautiful combination of songwriting and technology.

Posted by: d3 at March 16, 2009 5:42 PM

Hide and seek is amazing....she inspires me to do everything musically possible...I wanna learn the piano and guitar, and master using synths and all the technology she uses...underappreciated artist of our times...along with Amy Lee (Evanescence)

Posted by: Eddie at March 16, 2009 8:42 PM

That song is brilliant, though, personally it didn't end up get me hooked on her other stuff.
It's a pretty frikken singular song.

What's also awesome is some of the a cappella versions some groups have done. There's a bunch of different ones on youtube, but the sound is usually not so good from the video....

Posted by: Meli at March 17, 2009 1:55 AM

Posted by: jenUnderscore_ at March 17, 2009 10:02 AM

oops - just realized that d3 posted the same link (sorry!) but it's really really really good :)

Posted by: jenUnderscore_ at March 17, 2009 10:10 AM

This still gives me chills! good ones :) Glad she's got some new things coming - she is very unique and wonderful.

Posted by: Marianne at March 17, 2009 8:45 PM

Thank you. A friend used to listen to this song, but I never knew the name of it. I almost completely forgot it after I moved away, so hearing it again was like opening a box of memories I didn't know existed.

Posted by: baethan at March 17, 2009 11:43 PM

Ze, Thank you for reminding me of this song. It's one of those that tears me open in the way that you want music to. It reaches into my heart and makes me feel alive and pain and beauty and wonder simultaneously. I love the power of music and this typifies it. Again, thank you for the reminder.

Posted by: Ben at March 25, 2009 1:34 AM