« kaguya probe | Main | my milk toof »

June 8, 2009

HOME :: The Movie

You may have see the book "The Earth From The Air" by photographer Yann Arthus-Bertrand. He has released a feature length doc that is stunning - you can watch it in it's entirity for free until June 14th :: watch the video

I come down heavily in favor of cool free stuff.

Posted by: Janak at June 8, 2009 6:44 PM

I've never shed a tear to images of solar panels before. My goodness. Amazing.

Posted by: Michael at June 9, 2009 1:48 AM

It's amazing how many important videos there are available. Pre-Web I was starving for content, now I'm fat with it.

Posted by: Zack at June 9, 2009 11:14 AM

Ditto the other Michael's reply. Wow. Thanks for sharing Ze, I doubt I would have come across it if you hadn't posted it.

Posted by: Michael at June 9, 2009 12:48 PM

This was beautiful yet heart wrenching at the same time. I'm doing my part to try and make things better

Posted by: Chris Jackson at June 9, 2009 3:17 PM

The imagery was distractingly stunning. I hardly heard what the narrator said.

Posted by: Bonita at June 10, 2009 2:06 AM

The cinematography... gorgeous... the content... unsettling... the warning signs... alarming... the optimism at the end... unlikely.

The root of the problem is simple; there are just too many people to support with the bounty on this one small planet and I seriously doubt there is enough self control within our species to fix the population issue anytime soon if ever without some major humanitarian atrocities along the way.

I am personally thankful I am unable to conceive. I have absolutely no desire to contribute to the population problem, and I am thankful I am not condemning any children of mine to the horrific future that lies ahead.

I plan to enjoy the next 40 years, and I wish everyone else good luck after that.

Posted by: Cherish at June 13, 2009 3:33 AM

Hmm. I spend 30 seconds watching corporate logos form the title of the film, and that title is 'Home.'

Creepy.