« question: lifespan | Main | send me links »

August 13, 2009

pretty awesome deal

JetBlue | All-You-Can-Jet Pass :: if i was younger and didn't hate flying as much as i do, i'd be all over this

I think I may be the only person NOT excited about this deal. All I see is a lot of wasted jet fuel for completely unnecessary trips.

I'd love to see Amtrak offer a deal like this. Or for JetBlue to come up with fuel-less jets.

Posted by: Bonita at August 13, 2009 6:24 PM

This would be PERFECT for the next step of my project. I've been collecting journal entries from strangers. I wanted the next stage to me collecting journal entries inside airports--hearing what people have to say while in between places.

Too bad I'm broke. Oh well, next time.

Posted by: Ehdom at August 13, 2009 9:54 PM

Take the Life +10 pill and you will be relatively younger. Of course if you then fly and crash, you'll be relatively older... hmmm

So you're given a pill that extends your life by ten years so you immediately use your extra time to fly around the world and the plane crashes. Was your quality of life improved or worsened? You're dead but you finally met that girl from Twitter in Japan.

Posted by: tsaot at August 13, 2009 10:52 PM

Travel all you can why not huh. I love to travel hopefully if given enough time.

Posted by: Alex at August 13, 2009 11:13 PM

I understand the bit about hating flying as a deterrent here, but why would you have to be younger?

I'm younger, 20, and don't mind flying but this doesn't really seem like my sort of thing, which is probably something I should pay attention to, but none the less.

Posted by: Danny at August 14, 2009 2:56 PM

If I lived in the US and had about $1000, I'd set myself a practical non-stop flight plan during that month. I'd sleep on the plane, do bodily functions on the plane, and subsist on airline meals. I'd basically abuse the hell out of this plan, and I would be shameless.

Also showerless.

Posted by: Jeff at August 16, 2009 12:41 AM

Great deal! It's totally cool. Would love to fly the soonest time possible! I needed some break!

Posted by: Alex at August 16, 2009 8:26 PM

you mean if you took the -10 pill, and didn't hate flying, you'd be all over this

Posted by: bert at August 17, 2009 12:03 PM

Air Canada did this a few years ago - though it was significantly more expensive.

Thing was, they forgot to limit the number of aeroplan miles one could earn on the pass. One entrepreneurial soul tried to work out a way to fly enough that he would never have to pay for travel again. It basically involved being in the air constantly for the entire month.

Posted by: Darrell at August 17, 2009 2:59 PM

nice find Ze!

Posted by: j.w. at August 19, 2009 3:01 PM

Posted by: Luc at August 21, 2009 12:16 PM

The guys on reddit were all over this. They raised enough money to get two guys to travel all over the states to do "reddit missions."

Posted by: toxicvarn90 at August 23, 2009 5:55 PM