« everyday is caturday | Main | The Ascent of Man »

September 8, 2009

new time vid :: socialism

for a larger version :: click here

I'm really enjoying these. It's nice that someone noticed the terrific work you did during The Show and decided something similar was worth paying for. Though I fear Time is a little to straight-laced to expect anything quite as terrific as the LoA Olympics.

Posted by: Rubrick at September 9, 2009 2:25 AM

Thanks for trying to put this into perspective. I am sadly sharing that the socialism buzzword has been rearing its ugly head in Canada too over the past few years. I mean, aren't we supposed to be those raving socialists with too many live babies and old people such that we have to shoot them while waiting in for health care? Nope. Apparently hating socialism works up here too. It's all relative.

Posted by: rmcw at September 9, 2009 7:52 AM

Thanks Ze!!!

Posted by: j.w. at September 9, 2009 3:04 PM

Wonderful. It's enough in the old style for my liking, at least.

Posted by: Michael at September 9, 2009 4:33 PM

Socialism doesn't scare me. (I'm too poor for it to be much of a threat to my way of life--and I've become inured to the idea of it by years and years of observing corporate welfare in action.) The ignorance about health care reform scares the hell out of me though.

But I guess the real question is: Did you pay the $25 bucks, go to the party, and use the moon bounce? And what did you take for the potluck? Blondies? Really?

Posted by: Rosa at September 9, 2009 11:45 PM

I find it pretty astonishing that socialism now seems to be thought of in a similar way to how communism was thought of in the 80s. Crazy. To make it absolutely clear, unless you are one of the super rich elite, or expect to be one one day, socialism would probably benefit you more than capitalism(if you would even notice any change at all). I'm not a socialist myself, I think an ideal system would combine the reward driven economic system of capitalism with egalitarian individual rights based legislature to prevent people from being exploited simply for not being born rich, intelligent and attractive.

On an aside, liked obama's speech last night. Made me finally realise why gore wouldn't have worked as president. Obama has the intelligence to understand the important issues and (hopefully) how to address them, but also the skill in rhetoric to translate logic into truthiness that the american populace at large can easily digest.

Posted by: brad drac at September 10, 2009 10:16 AM

i wish you had a show right before Rachael Maddow.....we need more Ze time

Posted by: nancy pene at September 10, 2009 2:37 PM

Your impression of the socialism protesters made me laugh hard for the first time in a long time out of all the things I look at on the internet. Thanks for waking me out of my jaded shell.

Posted by: Mike at September 12, 2009 12:26 AM

Hey, I resent the comment about socialists being wishy-washy communists! :-D I am sure Swedes and Canadians don't agree with being wishy-washy. True, they may be very polite when disagreeing with you, but they will be definitely firm in drawing the line in the snow. "We are not communists."

Thanks for reviving the sense of humor that seems to be lost in the blogosphere, between baseless sensationalism and stuffy pompous journalism.

Yes, we love the post office and the DMV. :-D

Posted by: Andrew at September 19, 2009 12:55 AM

hehe supper zeee:)

Posted by: ahmet koldaguc at September 21, 2009 6:56 PM

It's wonderful to see video of Ze again. I forgot about his weird nostril flair thing-- watch that lil nose fly!

Posted by: Aabra at September 30, 2009 2:18 AM